Weak loader

Colt

Feb 15, 2022
Tuscaloosa
You should have led with that. ;-) This group is used to persons of unknown skill coming for help, so the default expectation of skill, experience and available diagnostic tools is somewhat lower than that of a professional.

Does this tractor have power steering? Could this be a priority issue? I would think that the greater flow demands of a FEL would be more apparent than that of a 3ph so the root cause could be common to both even if not immediately obvious.
[/QUOT

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
That is right! We already filed a case with Kubota an they are sending someone from corporate to come look at issue. Since I work for Kubota we can only do so much because of a Brand New Machine. I was just checking with others to see if it was just something simple that we could do that possibly had been over looked or possibly it’s more an out of our hands. I appreciate all the input from everyone an once they figure it out I’ll post the problem Incase anyone runs into this again in future!! Thanks
Well I for one would be very interested in their findings.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Colt

Feb 15, 2022
Tuscaloosa
That is right! We already filed a case with Kubota an they are sending someone from corporate to come look at issue. Since I work for Kubota we can only do so much because of a Brand New Machine. I was just checking with others to see if it was just something simple that we could do that possibly had been over looked or possibly it’s more an out of our hands. I appreciate all the input from everyone an once they figure it out I’ll post the problem Incase anyone runs into this again in future!! Thanks
An to add just what we have done! We have checked pressures an flows everywhere we are supposed to an all checks out besides loader. The pressure is way off at loader but the flow is correct. We did notice the machine will not deadhead on any function though. They changed loader valve but still same thing. I’m not the one actually working on it because that’s in our New/ Rigging Department an I work on used Equipment but they ran into this so we all have tried to help but have come to a stall as to what is going on. I’m just seeing if maybe someone has dealt with this in past an maybe would help us fix it or maybe to know what to do next time. Once figured out I’ll post the Fix!!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
An to add just what we have done! We have checked pressures an flows everywhere we are supposed to an all checks out besides loader. The pressure is way off at loader but the flow is correct. We did notice the machine will not deadhead on any function though. They changed loader valve but still same thing. I’m not the one actually working on it because that’s in our New/ Rigging Department an I work on used Equipment but they ran into this so we all have tried to help but have come to a stall as to what is going on. I’m just seeing if maybe someone has dealt with this in past an maybe would help us fix it or maybe to know what to do next time. Once figured out I’ll post the Fix!!
You are really teasing my curiosity. What part of the pressures and flows at the loader are way off? Numbers and locations please.

Dan

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Colt,
you either have a flow issue or a pressure issue.

Have you tested the pressures at one of the cylinder hoses? IF so, was it within spec? Remembering, Kubota wants us to test the pressure at rated engine speed (full throttle). If pressure is low at rated speed, you will want to back up the system, go "in front" of the loader valve (look at your diagram, test at the loader valve inlet). If pressure is ok at the inlet, but not ok at a cylinder, then I'd suspect a problem with the loader valve itself, perhaps crossed hoses, or relief stuck, or whatever. If low at the valve inlet, you'll want to look at your other hydraulic functions and make sure they're adjusted properly (feedback, draft control if applicable, and rear remotes).

Kubota will want you to do a flow test. So, have your flowmeter handy. Or tell 'em to bring theirs. Or beg, borrow, or steal one because you'll need it!

One thing I've run into on some M-40's was that the position control valve can also affect loader operation; I've seen a few of them with stuck valves inside the pos control valve itself. worth mentioning. I would't go into that until you've exhausted your other tests.

Normally it's something stupid simple, but you gotta dig to find it. When you do find it, you have that "ah-hah" moment. If I had a penny for every time I've had that happen....

Another thought. If it has a third function valve installed, make sure the hoses are routed properly! I can't tell you how many of them I've seen with improper hosing.

last thing. In my case, Kubota's FSR's weren't as helpful as I would liked them to be. I'm sure it was isolated to our territory. I never had any luck out of tech support either, rather had much better results contacting another dealer or sometimes people within our own 10 dealer network. Nonetheless I'm glad I'm not in the business any longer.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Look carefully at what he said:

Machine is Brand New off the truck. I work for Kubota an this one has everyone stumped.

Dan
BUT it is not a matter of who is stumped, it is a matter of who is responsible to fix it...IE, a warranty issue, not a customer issue.

Edit: OR maybe it is not his tractor? And brand new off the truck means he is asking for input as a dealer employee? I will have to look back at the original post...

2nd edit: First post is not clear as to ownership. I assumed it was the OP's personal tractor, but it seems likely it is Kubota's tractor at a dealership.

Last edited:

rowsley

Equipment
l3830, m6060 mx5400, l3901
Dec 2, 2021
missouri
hope colt comes back with something good! i have been fighting what sounds like the same problem on my 2015 m6060.
first notice loss of pressure at remotes. it would not pick up my 10'' pull behind unless at hi rpm's.

i install a foot operated 3rd function and grapple witch worked good until i brush hogged for a hour then it lost pressure at the fel. unhooked the new foot valve to test.

it will hit 2700 psi for split second then drop to 1500 psi at recommended rpm's.

changed filters and fluid, took remotes apart and all 3 pressure regs off to check for something holding them open, pulled pump off and took apart. everything looked like brand new!

unhooked the loader no change. next i guess i will take the loader control valve apart. i figured some trash got cought in the system from my foot valve grapple install. hope to fix it before spring.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
hope colt comes back with something good! i have been fighting what sounds like the same problem on my 2015 m6060.
first notice loss of pressure at remotes. it would not pick up my 10'' pull behind unless at hi rpm's.

i install a foot operated 3rd function and grapple witch worked good until i brush hogged for a hour then it lost pressure at the fel. unhooked the new foot valve to test.

it will hit 2700 psi for split second then drop to 1500 psi at recommended rpm's.

changed filters and fluid, took remotes apart and all 3 pressure regs off to check for something holding them open, pulled pump off and took apart. everything looked like brand new!

unhooked the loader no change. next i guess i will take the loader control valve apart. i figured some trash got cought in the system from my foot valve grapple install. hope to fix it before spring.
Your problem most likely is in the pressure relief valve.
or
Could be you have a malfunction in the third function valve.