Let'm die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
Some states are mandating vaccination for hospital and government workers. I believe that this violates your constitutional rights. It will probably be declared un-constitutional after it winds through the courts. While this fight is raging in the courts, there will be people that will go along with being vaccinated, and the rest of the people will just leave their jobs and collect unemployment. My biggest fear is that health care workers will walk away and the hospitals will not have the staff to treat patients no matter what they are admitted for.
A family friend just resigned her nursing position rather than take the jab.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
One of you experts here or vaccination proponents want to explain the science behind this?

My wifes employer, a large medical group, just required all employees get vaccinated or fired. Thing is she is 100% work from home and isnt around other employees patients or anything else.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
One of you experts here or vaccination proponents want to explain the science behind this?

My wifes employer, a large medical group, just required all employees get vaccinated or fired. Thing is she is 100% work from home and isnt around other employees patients or anything else.
There is nothing democratic about private companies.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Yes!

Hot dogs and chicken nuggets have been around MUCH longer than mRNA treatments. I not known anyone who has consumed them in mo

LOL!

Dogs and chicken nuggets have been around for much longer, and I’ve not known anyone to have adverse effects from consuming them in moderation.
Obviously a conspiracy by the government to keep us in the dark, since hotdogs and chicken nuggets are well known to be mind influencers from the Darkside!

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
There is nothing democratic about private companies.
Wheres the science? Its a large company doing what other large companies do, cave to the powers.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You know, I have realized that we all actually agree.

WE ALL ACTUALLY AGREE!

We each make our own decisions and live with the results.

Fortunately we all ARE able to decide ourselves.

Who cares what others believe? They are really just trying to change OUR thinking.

We make our decisions and accept however things turn out.

Nothing wrong with this. Especially if our decision was the best one.

Still, it may be worthwhile to listen to other opinions. Non of us are infallible. I’m not anyway...:cry:

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Scientists originally believed that it was spread by the holes in your nose, and the other hole called your mouth. After extensive research, they have determined that the greatest spreaders of the virus, are the a$$holes!

Reactions: 1 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO

I havent seen science specifically related to who a company should require to get vaccinated. However there is over a century of precedence in the US legal system. Employers have been requiring vaccines (MMR,Tdap, influenza, hepatitis) of their employees for decades. It is nothing new.

Just wait until they FDA gives full approval….I doubt you will see many larger companies not require it. If you work in healthcare I can almost guarantee it will be a requirement. Again so is the flu vaccine.

Perhaps this is more they are afraid of being sued by employees that might get people sick on the job. If there is a federal recommendation to be vaccinated then there may be legal ramifications. I know there were some companies that did this for the flu vaccine years ago. Not saying I agree just offering some potential reasons.

Last edited:

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Yes!

Hot dogs and chicken nuggets have been around MUCH longer than mRNA treatments. I not known anyone who has consumed them in mo

LOL!

Dogs and chicken nuggets have been around for much longer, and I’ve not known anyone to have adverse effects from consuming them in moderation.
Are you sure those hot dots aren’t dangerous?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
However there is over a century of precedence in the US legal system. Employers have been requiring vaccines (MMR,Tdap, influenza, hepatitis) of their employees for decades. It is nothing new.
Of course, it’s not the same since none of the vaccines have FDA approval. Some employers are asking employees to be part of an experiment.

Fwiw, many of us have never been asked for vaccination status by our employer, so it would be “new”.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Clearly an unqualified wild eyed conspiracy theorist.

I’ll bet you can’t show me a link to that on face book, so that proves it’s not true.
Wow!!! Since when did Facebook become the authority on everything medical? .. Somehow, I just never thought of Facebook being the gold standard of anything, especially medical advise. To me, Facebook is just a bunch of like minded people jabbering about nothing, thinking that they are influencing the world with their small world experiences.

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
Wow!!! Since when did Facebook become the authority on everything medical? .. Somehow, I just never thought of Facebook being the gold standard of anything, especially medical advise. To me, Facebook is just a bunch of like minded people jabbering about nothing, thinking that they are influencing the world with their small world experiences.
I think you may want to have your sarcasm detector recalibrated. It was laid on pretty thick. ;)

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Of course, it’s not the same since none of the vaccines have FDA approval. Some employers are asking employees to be part of an experiment.

Fwiw, many of us have never been asked for vaccination status by our employer, so it would be “new”.
I understand. Being in healthcare and previously in the military it has always been something I have to provide and keep updated.

Expect Pfizer to be approved very soon, not sure about the others. The only reason it has not is a 6 month wait is required to be sure it continues to be safe and effective in phase 4 surveillance.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Ya he was totally baiting you! Everyone here probably agrees Social Media is garbage!

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
p= .025 is not statistically significant. I would not take much from the CDC article. Not only that but we don't know what types of masks were used. Most of what I have seen with real protections is N-95 or better. Everything else doesn't have a significant impact on reduction of illness or transmission. Some studies have shown cloth to actually be worse for illness, and only reduce incoming virus sized particulate by 3%.
Perhaps I misread the PNAS article then, or misunderstood what you were saying. The CDC article indicates that masks are not notably helpful, which seems to be what you're saying. It states "We did not consider the use of respirators in the community" so they're not looking at N-95's.

I've seen studies on N-95s applied to the general population. I think that's very misleading to do since almost nobody is using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.