BX25D BACKHOE PIN PART #

perryrlund

Equipment
Bx25D
Jun 3, 2015
Gladstone, Michigan
I have a BX25D with the backhoe. I need to get the pin that attaches the control arm to the backhoe bucket. The pin has the fitting in it to grease it and has the plate that has a small bolt that attaches it to the frame. Does anyone know where I can find an online diagram for the BX25D backhoe so I can find the part number for the pin? Thanks for any assistance you can lend.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
ford has the correct image - you need part 090 -which is now 90.1 ...... which is 25 mm diameter and 129 mm long. 20 bucks plus ..... 7 bucks shipping

Curious..... why do you need another?

Last edited:

perryrlund

Equipment
Bx25D
Jun 3, 2015
Gladstone, Michigan
ford has the correct image - you need part 090 -which is now 90.1 ...... which is 25 in diameter and 129 mm long. 20 bucks plus ..... 7 bucks shipping

Curious..... why do you need another?
Thanks, that's exactly what I need. I was pulling stumps today and noticed that the pin was backing out. When I looked, the tab that you put the bolt through was bent up at a 45 degree angle. I've pulled probably 200 stumps in the last 2 months. I don't know what I hit, but somehow that bolt came out that holds the pin to the bucket and it bent the hell out of the tab. No way a stump could bend it and I don't recall hitting any big rocks. Anyhow, it was loose for a while and the hole the pin goes through on the bucket got out of round by about 1/16 of an inch. I'm going to weld it back in to fill the 1/16 gap area and then ream it to fit the pin. I pounded down the tab on the pin but I noticed a crack in the tab where it was welded to the pin. I'm not sure if that tab is stainless steel, if so I might not be able to weld it. Also from having a little play in the pin from when it was loose, it has a couple light grooves in the pin. Nothing bad but I thought too be safe, I should buy another one and replace it. It's still taking grease fine, but I don't like the thought that the pin has a couple grooves in it.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks, that's exactly what I need. I was pulling stumps today and noticed that the pin was backing out. When I looked, the tab that you put the bolt through was bent up at a 45 degree angle. I've pulled probably 200 stumps in the last 2 months. I don't know what I hit, but somehow that bolt came out that holds the pin to the bucket and it bent the hell out of the tab. No way a stump could bend it and I don't recall hitting any big rocks. Anyhow, it was loose for a while and the hole the pin goes through on the bucket got out of round by about 1/16 of an inch. I'm going to weld it back in to fill the 1/16 gap area and then ream it to fit the pin. I pounded down the tab on the pin but I noticed a crack in the tab where it was welded to the pin. I'm not sure if that tab is stainless steel, if so I might not be able to weld it. Also from having a little play in the pin from when it was loose, it has a couple light grooves in the pin. Nothing bad but I thought too be safe, I should buy another one and replace it. It's still taking grease fine, but I don't like the thought that the pin has a couple grooves in it.

I gotcha on needing the new pin - Was there plenty of grease on that pin when it came out? I am sure as you know - that zerk only has one exit point, dead middle of the pin where the large 2.75 boss holds it in place.

I am making a "new" narrow bucket for the exact same machine - I actually pulled that pin out to take specific measurements to place bushings around them for the new bucket. I found them to be .98 or there about. I found nice brass bushings to use in my new bucket that fit almost scary perfect.