COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
From Nova Scotia to Vancouver Canada closed the boarder early on to everyone and mostly to the USA. They have 104,000 cases total. A smart move on their part.
Unfortunately, the way we are handling it here, there will be plenty left to infect Canada for years to come.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
. I'm over run by Native Maine bear(no longer called Black) this year, three different ones keep showing up. I hope they get the virus.
Well im offended, Maine used to be Massachusetts so those are actually Native Massachusetts Bear:cool:
probably why they think they can just stroll in and take what they want.

Reactions: 1 users

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
From Nova Scotia to Vancouver Canada closed the boarder early on to everyone and mostly to the USA. They have 104,000 cases total. A smart move on their part.
Will be a quiet stay at home and drive 30 minutes to the coast for a lobster roll and a cold Moxie weekend here. Unforuntaly not driving north and lodging to go atving. Will ride from home and be safe and look to travel more next year.
And who ever mentioned animals getting the virus. I'm over run by Native Maine bear(no longer called Black) this year, three different ones keep showing up. I hope they get the virus.
I read that people could still fly into Canada from China. If true, the border closing is pure political posturing.

Good news is on this graph!
38b4b90b29626725.jpeg
38b4b90b29626725.jpeg

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Everything is political posturing. That's why we need to look at science. Figure this out.
Herd immunity 4 1/2 years without a vaccine and then if you can build an immunity. I would believe all the BS coming from political elite if I were not so old. I take all politics, left right center with the size of covid19 virus. With that said when it quits raining I will go back to watching my carrots grow. Many years ago I blew up the tv, my phone, my computer may be next. I do like the research capabilities thou. My main concern is not infecting my wife. I will do that with all tools and experience at hand.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yes, the issue at hand is immunity, if it occurs and under what conditions, and how long does it last. Hard data is lacking. Some of the antibodies they are currently testing for with the serum tests seem to fade out after a couple of months. What this means in practical terms is not clear. People who had asymptomatic infections seem to make fewer antibodies. Implications here are also unknown. The covid virus is a corona virus. Colds are also corona viruses. Some people get colds every few months others every few years. It is simply not a given that herd immunity will be easily acquired and maintained. Hope so.

The references for above statements are in previous posts.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Sheep... I see Gretchen closed the bars again. They can do on the patio drinks and carry out food but nothing else. I fully expected that after the East Lansing deal. I actually expected her to close them entirely.

If you must, go buy a bottle at the grocery and get loaded at home.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Yes, the issue at hand is immunity, if it occurs and under what conditions, and how long does it last. Hard data is lacking. Some of the antibodies they are currently testing for with the serum tests seem to fade out after a couple of months. What this means in practical terms is not clear. People who had asymptomatic infections seem to make fewer antibodies. Implications here are also unknown. The covid virus is a corona virus. Colds are also corona viruses. Some people get colds every few months others every few years. It is simply not a given that herd immunity will be easily acquired and maintained. Hope so.

The references for above statements are in previous posts.
Which is why for now we should treat it like EVERY OTHER VIRUS in history.

This "wait for the boogeyman" that nobody knows about could also be said about SARS or any of the other viruses. We don't know what long term ramifications are from the bird flu either, should we let that boogeyman destroy our country as well? How about the next one? You think us all doing a Howard Hughes will fix it? It didn't work too well for him. He most likely would have lived a lot longer if he hung out with us dirty germ carriers.

We can open up the can of "what ifs" all day, but like Judge Matthis says "not in my court room". You want us to stay shut down until all these "what ifs" are known? Seriously?

The best thing to come out of this for us is moving up the plan for a big piece of land and getting even more self sufficient. Not to get away from people but to get away from the need to interact with the lemmings.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Which is why for now we should treat it like EVERY OTHER VIRUS in history.

This "wait for the boogeyman" that nobody knows about could also be said about SARS or any of the other viruses. We don't know what long term ramifications are from the bird flu either, should we let that boogeyman destroy our country as well? How about the next one? You think us all doing a Howard Hughes will fix it? It didn't work too well for him. He most likely would have lived a lot longer if he hung out with us dirty germ carriers.

We can open up the can of "what ifs" all day, but like Judge Matthis says "not in my court room". You want us to stay shut down until all these "what ifs" are known? Seriously?

The best thing to come out of this for us is moving up the plan for a big piece of land and getting even more self sufficient. Not to get away from people but to get away from the need to interact with the lemmings.
How do you feel about smallpox and polio?

No, I would not like to see everyone in quarantine, only behaving with common sense, courtesy, and consideration for one's neighbors.

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
How do you feel about smallpox and polio?

No, I would not like to see everyone in quarantine, only behaving with common sense, courtesy, and consideration for one's neighbors.
Right, social distancing wearing a mask etc. That will guarantee it stays with us forever.

Smallpox and polio both ran their course here in the states and we have vaccines for them now. And BTW - the first vaccines were NOT pretty. We did not handle them like we are handling covid (allow it to spread slowly and never allow it to run out of hosts). What was the comparison?

Look at the numbers. How many are actually dying of Covid (try to remove the old men in hospice that were given it, and the people that were hit by cars that had it). How many people have bad side effects from a "first run" vaccine? I would not jump in line right now for a covid vaccine even if one was available. People die every year getting a vaccination for one thing or another as well as getting sick from it in general. I do not think we should not vaccinate (by and large it benefits millions), I just don't also believe it is all rosy because there is one. Again, look at the numbers. I'm not sure if that was what you meant by my thoughts on polio etc.?

Letting this current flu hang around is bad for everyone.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
May want to Google "iron lung" , leg braces,
Polio shots, polio punch, polio sugar cubes.
Lived thru it, sister had it, I have one leg 1-1/2 shorter than the other. No it was not mumps, chicken pox, measles, or the common flu. Thanks for science. The long term affects on covid not determined if you beat it. So have at it get infected and enjoy.
See you on the flip side

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Lived thru it, sister had it, I have one leg 1-1/2 shorter than the other. No it was not mumps, chicken pox, measles, or the common flu. Thanks for science. The long term affects on covid not determined if you beat it. So have at it get infected and enjoy.
See you on the flip side
My great uncle had metal leg braces from polio. He passed when I was 10, but it's something that stuck with me all my life.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
My great uncle had metal leg braces from polio. He passed when I was 10, but it's something that stuck with me all my life.
We made it thanks to Jonas Edward Salk.
we did not go to polio virus parties to get "herd immunity". Terrible virus..

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
See you on the flip side
That is unfortunate however -

A. In this case we are talking about the flu (corona family), not polio. Sheepfarmer introduced that tangent. I googled Covid leg braces and found nothing.
B. it doesn't change the fact that if we "partially" isolated, tried to shut the country down, it would have lasted a lot longer than it did. The vaccine came after.

You should probably stay away from the Covid parties. We don't have any of those in our area.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That is unfortunate however -

A. In this case we are talking about the flu (corona family), not polio. Sheepfarmer introduced that tangent. I googled Covid leg braces and found nothing.
B. it doesn't change the fact that if we "partially" isolated, tried to shut the country down, it would have lasted a lot longer than it did. The vaccine came after.

You should probably stay away from the Covid parties. We don't have any of those in our area.
Just saw that reported on the news. That's Darwinism at it's finest.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Our governor declared all folks had to wear face mask in public places beginning this week. Our county commissioner had a meeting this afternoon, and overrules the governor's mask mandate.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Here's the CDC guidelines for death by Covid.

I noticed that the patient didn't have to test positive for the virus.

Resized_Screenshot_20200702-125258_Facebook.jpeg

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
The Texas governor just turn into a Democrat...Mandated masks in most counties.
He closed the bars after letting them reopen for I think a week. A few didnt close so they lost thier license for 30 days, going out of business with or without a liquor license. The bar owners were screaming they were going to court to force gov to call emergency session of legislature claiming our State Constitution is being violated by governors orders.
The mask order apples only to counties with 20 or more cases plus there are all sorts of exemptions. Our little rural county reached 47 ( 22 recovered of these ) the other day , no deaths & none of these are supposedly hospitalized :eek:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The Texas governor just turn into a Democrat...Mandated masks in most counties.
HOAX! He is a REPUBLICAN. He did NOT “Mandate” because he simultaneously CANCELLED the authority for county judges and mayors to ENFORCE the “strong recommendation”.

All you guys who imagine yourselves smarter about viruses than the scientists and health professionals and want to believe in speedy “herd immunity” by cancelling/ignoring those professionals... I have a suggestion for You: GET IT OVER WITH! Go FIND a Covid-19 victim and KISS them on the LIPS and GET YOURS!
But STAY HOME after you do that and buy that Colonial Life burial policy for yourself to save financial burden on family and friends who you’ve victimized.

However, pendoreille.... thanks for recognizing that Democrats are sensible thinkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.