B6000 problems maybe oil

Kubota b6000

Equipment
B6000
Aug 1, 2015
Colborne, Ontario, Canada
Hi all I am new and know nothing about diesel tractors. I guess that leaves everybody breathing hard.

I have a B6000 and in the spring when I went to start the tractor I got nothing. Ido have a manual but it is in very simple language, nut, bolt washer etc. and part Japanese which make it very difficult to understand.

I think my problem has something to do with the oil, probably not enough. I have looked at everything on the outside but do not know what I am looking at one thing. I turn the ignition on and nothing, not even the red oil light. The oil filter is on so tight I cannot get it off to see the filter and I do not know where the special device is for measuring the oil pressure. A friend said stat with installing a manual oil gauge, good luck I would have no idea and I do not know were to find the oil sending unit?

HELP!:(

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
It sounds much more like a dead battery or perhaps dirty connections on the battery cables. Get a battery charger or bring the battery to an auto parts store to have it checked. Look at the clamps that hold the cables on the battery, the inside of the clamp and the post of the battery should be clean and shiny.

Kubota b6000

Equipment
B6000
Aug 1, 2015
Kubotasam No it cannot be the battery because I can jump the starter and it works. But when I tun the ignition switch I get nothing. I am almost sure it hs something to do with the oil, like the sensor but I do not know where to find it.

I need a good manual, if you know where I can find one?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
....I need a good manual, if you know where I can find one?
See the Ultimate Read Me at the top of this forum to find the link to discussion in here on where to get WSM (work shop manual) for Orange tractors

In the mean time search in here about safety switches for you model. Sounds like one of them (seat switch issues are famous on many tractors)

kubotasam

Equipment
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Kubotasam No it cannot be the battery because I can jump the starter and it works. But when I tun the ignition switch I get nothing. I am almost sure it hs something to do with the oil, like the sensor but I do not know where to find it.

I need a good manual, if you know where I can find one?
When you say "I can jump the starter and it works" do you mean the engine starts and runs or the engine turns over? Unless the engine was run out of oil and it seized an oil problem will not keep your engine from starting. The only sensor is the oil pressure sensor and it will not keep the engine from starting. Even if you put on the mechanical gauge you mentioned in your first post it will not change anything. You will always have zero oil pressure until the engine starts.
You have some sort of an electrical problem It could be the switch, it could be a fuse or a broken or corroded wire. Check the oil level with the dipstick if it is full concentrate on getting a manual and tracing the wiring. Do you have a multimeter to help check the electrical connections?

No seat switch on a B6000- Only safety switch is the clutch.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Start by visually inspecting the wire going from starter to key switch. Some had a main fuse near the starter on the wire going to the key switch. May be something that simple :) If not, then it's time to check fuses. If it's not the fuses, then loosen the dash so you can inspect behind it. Check your connector that hooks to the key switch. Could be a busted spade connector, or broken wire, or corrosion. Look for foolish and simple before spending money on key switchs and such ;)

Kanook

Equipment
Kubota B2650HSDC Kubota RTV900
Jun 29, 2015
Almonte, Ontario
I'd start with the clutch switch that KUBOTASAM mentions. Clutch needs to be depressed to start engine....at least that is the way my B1700 worked.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Kubota b6000, we all assume you've been using the tractor and now have this problem. However, it's sometimes good to do a sanity check and establish some fundamentals, so please don't let my clumsy questions offend you.

Have you been operating this tractor? I will confess that after I owned my B6100 for a few days, I forgot that I had to hold the clutch pedal down, and spent some time troubleshooting my failure to start -- hot battery but no juice to the starter, similar to yours. Fortunately there are no other safety switches on this series of tractors!

With my little experience, I cannot think of anything that an oil problem of any kind would cause your problem. Perhaps there is something that makes you feel so strongly that oil is causing this -- can you explain your thoughts to us?

Kubota b6000

Equipment
B6000
Aug 1, 2015
Shaunblake, your questions do not offend me, I am the one looking for help and appreciate all input. But as I said in the beginning I am not a diesel mechanic. I spent 3o years in the Middle East using satellite imagery to make maps.

I have had the tractor for about 6 years and it has always started for me, winter spring and summer until this spring. Last winter I had to pour hot water onto the key switch to get the key in because we had a lot of rain and ice last winter. Maybe by pouring the water over the switch I blew something?

I turn the key and the oil light does not come on!
I was told that there was some kind of sensor for the oil, so that if the oil is low it will not start? Right now there is no oil in it because I tried to drain it but cannot get the filter out, a giant must have put the bolt on.

Another interesting issue, because I was being led by many people at the beginning, that I tried to listen to, with varying ideas, every time I used it the oil light was on and everybody told me that was normal. Now I know that was incorrect.

Yes I know the clutch has to be engaged to start it but the oil light should still come on when I turn the key.
I hope this helps. If you need photos I can send them?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
From what your posting it sounds like a bad switch, water got into the switch and froze and messed up the guts.
I would start by pulling that out first. ;)

kubotasam

Equipment
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I was told that there was some kind of sensor for the oil, so that if the oil is low it will not start? .
That is not true-- no oil level sensor. Only oil pressure sensor (little red light) If thing are functioning correctly_______ key off=no light, Key on- engine not running= red light on, key on engine running = no light. Even when the engine has the correct amount of oil in it there is no oil pressure unless the engine is running.

Kanook

Equipment
Jun 29, 2015
Almonte, Ontario
You can lead a horse to water but........

What do you mean when you say that you "jumped the starter". ???

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You can lead a horse to water but........

What do you mean when you say that you "jumped the starter". ???
Take a short piece of wire and jump from the large terminal (battery cable) on the starter to the small terminal ( starter solenoid connection), Make sure the tractor is in neutral, and brakes set.

Kanook

Equipment
Jun 29, 2015
Almonte, Ontario
Thanks North Idaho Wolfman.......I understand that, I am just curious if that is what b6000 did . I've heard a couple of times people referring to boosting from a second vehicle battery as 'jumping the starter'.

Last edited:

Kubota b6000

Equipment
B6000
Aug 1, 2015
Kubotasam, If thing are functioning correctly_______ key off=no light, Key on- engine not running= red light on, key on engine running = no light

Yes, key off=no light, key on BUT no light is what I have now!

kubotasam

Equipment
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Kubotasam, If thing are functioning correctly_______ key off=no light, Key on- engine not running= red light on, key on engine running = no light

Yes, key off=no light, key on BUT no light is what I have now!
What you have shows an electrical problem with the oil pressure warning light. Not with the oil in the engine.
It could be a number of things but the other symptoms lead back to a bad switch or wiring to the switch. You are going to need to get the dash off the tractor and start to check for power using a test lamp or a multimeter.