Kubota B7100 with B219 Loader and B670 backhoe

danmorea

Equipment
kubota b7100 loader/backhoe Kubota B2650 loader John Deere x540
Oct 25, 2013
narrowsburg ny
Have this gear drive b7100 with b219 loader and b670 backhoe The loader has his own pump in the front and the backhoe has a pto pump I remove the backhoe and bought a 3 point hitch kit from ebay that fit nice in the back. Lower the arms with the 3 point hitch / with the help of the screw that you adjust the speed down for 3pt Now i can move up and down the 3 point hitch by hand easy but not with the 3pt level -it will not rise up Any help please

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you had to adjust the speed screw to get it to lower you have a problem, that should only be turned slightly to make up for a very heavy implement that drops to fast, turn it back to about where it was originally. Is there a valve under the seat (front) it should be turned till it's horizontal (side to side) not vertical (up and down). Does the tractor make any noises when the lever is moved for the three point?

danmorea

Equipment
Oct 25, 2013
narrowsburg ny
That valve that you can turn has a plug, it is on original setting i can not move it-horizontal
The yellow screw/speed dawn was set all the way in and 3pt arms all the way up I install the 3 point hitch and i could not lower it with the level or by hand try with engine on/off clutch on/off Than with the engine off i remove yellow screw and when i press it down by hand it went easy dawn Now it is not working it will not raise up No noise, loader works fine ,just change gear fluid clean filter This tractor came factory loader backhoe it was never used as 3 point hitch but it has the arms The way it looks no modifications was ever done

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That valve that you can turn has a plug, it is on original setting i can not move it-horizontal
The yellow screw/speed dawn was set all the way in and 3pt arms all the way up I install the 3 point hitch and i could not lower it with the level or by hand try with engine on/off clutch on/off Than with the engine off i remove yellow screw and when i press it down by hand it went easy dawn Now it is not working it will not raise up No noise, loader works fine ,just change gear fluid clean filter This tractor came factory loader backhoe it was never used as 3 point hitch but it has the arms The way it looks no modifications was ever done
Take a picture of the valve under the front of the seat.
The reason that you were able to get the arms to go down is that the yellow headed bolt only adjusts the bleed off speed, you have just bypassed the speed setting and it will not lift with the screw backed out too far.

danmorea

Equipment
Oct 25, 2013
narrowsburg ny
I can only post more pics in the weekend , wonder if i should try to bleed the system maybe is air inside ? but how to do it Last resort is kubota dealer -far, take a day off ,$$$, trailer that right now is under snow

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The reason that you were able to get the arms to go down is that the yellow headed bolt only adjusts the bleed off speed, you have just bypassed the speed setting and it will not lift with the screw backed out too far.
I think North Idaho Wolfman has got it, He's echoing what I said in my PM to you.
Have you got a manual? It shows how to adjust the lowering speed screw; maybe that's way out of range.
Should be able to move that valve, but as long as the arrow on the handle is pointing away from the plug, 3pt should work.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I can only post more pics in the weekend , wonder if i should try to bleed the system maybe is air inside ? but how to do it Last resort is kubota dealer -far, take a day off ,$$$, trailer that right now is under snow
Awww I just got what you said earlier, the plug on the side is to add another line, it has internal porting too, you need to get the valve to turn horizontal, you might need to get a little forceful as it probably hasn't been moved in years or never if it has never had 3 point arms on it.
And reset the yellow valve/bolt as close to where it was before.

Air in the hydraulics is almost never an issue on the outbound side of the pump (which this is), the preassure of the fluid is too great, at about 2500 psi give or take.

Check this post and you'll see what the inside looks like, and the first pick shows it in the proper position for what you want. Fluid flows in the small hole and out the large center to the 3 point piston.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=92755&postcount=12

Last edited:

danmorea

Equipment
Oct 25, 2013
narrowsburg ny
Awww I just got what you said earlier, the plug on the side is to add another line, it has internal porting too, you need to get the valve to turn horizontal, you might need to get a little forceful as it probably hasn't been moved in years or never if it has never had 3 point arms on it.
And reset the yellow valve/bolt as close to where it was before.

Air in the hydraulics is almost never an issue on the outbound side of the pump (which this is), the preassure of the fluid is too great, at about 2500 psi give or take.

Check this post and you'll see what the inside looks like, and the first pick shows it in the proper position for what you want. Fluid flows in the small hole and out the large center to the 3 point piston.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=92755&postcount=12
My valve is exact like that and in that position , now if i open it to see what is inside i would like to get the o rings that i need I read a post that the piston maybe needs new o rings Any one know part numbers

danmorea

Equipment
Oct 25, 2013
narrowsburg ny
After spending my whole weekend in the garage find that gear hydraulic pump is not working / it seems clogged .There is 2 lines going into a box near fuel filter if I open return / with the engine running I should get same oil out but nothing is coming out Wonder what else to do Wonder if is safe to drive the tractor like this till I get money to fix it and is this expensive to fix/dealer

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
That box with a cover as you call it is a tap in block. If the engine is running and you have taken the cover off you should have lots of hydraylic fluid running out regardless of any handle positions or adjustments on the 3 point controls. If you have no oil and the engine is running the screen on the end of the pump suction line is clogged. You will notice another slightly smaller metal line next to the one that has the box. If you follow the other line back to where it connects to the rear end of the tractor you will see a large bolt head that goes through what is called a banjo fitting holding the end of the line to the tractor. If you remove the large bolt you will find a screen attached to the end of the bolt. You need to clean that screen. Be prepared for most all of the fluid in the rear end of the tractor to run out when you pull the screen. Clean or replace the screen fill the tractor up with fresh oil, you 3 point should work. If fixing the screen does not help then something is wrong with the hydraulic pump. It can be damaged from running if the screen is so clogged it can't get any hydraulic oil so you need to fix this situation before you do any more damage. Hopefully the cleaning of the pickup screen is all you need.

Attachments

Last edited:

danmorea

Equipment
Oct 25, 2013
narrowsburg ny
That box with a cover as you call it is a tap in block. If the engine is running and you have taken the cover off you should have lots of hydraylic fluid running out regardless of any handle positions or adjustments on the 3 point controls. If you have no oil and the engine is running the screen on the end of the pump suction line is clogged. You will notice another slightly smaller metal line next to the one that has the box. If you follow the other line back to where it connects to the rear end of the tractor you will see a large bolt head that goes through what is called a banjo fitting holding the end of the line to the tractor. If you remove the large bolt you will find a screen attached to the end of the bolt. You need to clean that screen. Be prepared for most all of the fluid in the rear end of the tractor to run out when you pull the screen. Clean or replace the screen fill the tractor up with fresh oil, you 3 point should work. If fixing the screen does not help then something is wrong with the hydraulic pump. It can be damaged from running if the screen is so clogged it can't get any hydraulic oil so you need to fix this situation before you do any more damage. Hopefully the cleaning of the pickup screen is all you need.
That filter is clean fluid is new I even clean lines open up cylinder for 3 point hitch find gunk clean it If I use the tractor I can do more damage ?

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Just to clarify -- You have cleaned the screen, You put in new fluid in the differential case, you removed the cover to the tap in block, you started the engine and no fluid came out.

What fluid did you use? If it was to thick it will not flow up the suction pipe to the pump.

How cold is it? If it is extremely cold fluid might not flow up the suction line to prime the pump.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That filter is clean fluid is new I even clean lines open up cylinder for 3 point hitch find gunk clean it If I use the tractor I can do more damage ?
Is this tractor an HST (betting it's not)?
You could have a leak on a hose, fitting or connection.

Yes running it without it pumping fluid will damage the pump, and could cause even more damage to the motor if it locks up, it's connected directly to the cam.

danmorea

Equipment
Oct 25, 2013
narrowsburg ny
Just to clarify -- You have cleaned the screen, You put in new fluid in the differential case, you removed the cover to the tap in block, you started the engine and no fluid came out.

What fluid did you use? If it was to thick it will not flow up the suction pipe to the pump.

How cold is it? If it is extremely cold fluid might not flow up the suction line to prime the pump.
The fluid is kubota super udt2 fill the gear case ,clean filter/ screen banjo bolt oil is not flowing past hydraulic pump -open lower/out line See pic

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The fluid is kubota super udt2 fill the gear case ,clean filter/ screen banjo bolt oil is not flowing past hydraulic pump -open lower/out line See pic
Not getting flow out could mean not getting suction in.
A leak at any fitting before the pump can cause this, and yes a bad pump can cause it too.
Pull the pump and check for any obvious signs of damage, broken keyway on shaft, anything really.
When you loosen the banjo bolt on the bottom of the pump and run it does it make any noise?

Last edited:

danmorea

Equipment
Oct 25, 2013
narrowsburg ny
Not getting flow out could mean not getting suction in.
A leak at any fitting before the pump can cause this, and yes a bad pump can cause it too.
Pull the pump and check for any obvious signs of damage, broken keyway on shaft, anything really.
When you loosen the banjo bolt on the bottom of the pump and run it does it make any noise?
That is the plan for the weekend, plan to remove that pump and make sure that is clean and see if any damage Will make sure that the lines are clean new o rings and washers clean filter again new udt My only problem is that if i did not buy the 3 point hitch i would never new that the pump is not working

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I see that 2 bolts on the valve cover to the three point cylinder are broken off, you might seriously consider fixing those before you do get some power put to it. It could launch that cover right threw your legs!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I see that 2 bolts on the valve cover to the three point cylinder are broken off
I think those bolts are just removed, if I remember right that's where the seat bracket bolts on…..