Who else buys tools/things for the explicit reason of "Because it's too cheap to pass up"?

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I have 4 pipe wrenches 2 "up north" and 2 "down south" and I have files coming out of my "Yin Yang"

My wife and I went "garage sale'ing" the other day and lots of people are nuts on what they want for "used stuff".

Like 100+ dollars for "never used" kitchen faucets that may have missing parts........or old, dirty, used tools for 90% of the new price?

( Heres a hint y'all .....I have the internet too, and I can look thing up as well........If you actually want to 'sell stuff', price it accordingly) ....Rant Off.......

But when I saw these I could not pass them up.

5 bucks......for the combo.

Just too cheap to pass up.

View attachment 137353
This will not be fully known until the commission is deducted by the people handling your estate sale. My guess is that the demand for such things will diminish as less people are interested in anything other than their phones. Maybe break even. Go on eBay and search tool lot. Wrench lot...

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I don't intend to disrespect my elders but I think you should try Hadacol .
It apparently was thought to be good stuff,......back in the day!

Last edited:

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
This will not be fully known until the commission is deducted by the people handling your estate sale. My guess is that the demand for such things will diminish as less people are interested in anything other than their phones. Maybe break even. Go on eBay and search tool lot. Wrench lot...
This reminds me of a neighbor that asked me a few times if I would like to have some boxed ins that were in his way. I found it hard to believe but I was almost certain he had a couple of reclusive sisters he was fed up with and trying to dump them on me. Well one evening he showed while me and my brother were sitting by the fire pit wetting our whistles. He hadn't much more than sat down when he said "I've got those boxed ins in the truck and will leave them here in case you run into some one that wants them". I thought oh heck, and began blubbering something like I,,,I'm sor,,,, sorry but I just don't have room for them and wouldn't know how to take care of them. My brother jumped up and said "I'll take them". The guy went to his truck and returned with a full set of Snap-On wrenches. That was the first time in years I turned anything down that was free but I won't make that mistake again.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
It apparently was thought to be good stuff,......back in the day!
Them fellers holding work for food signs would think it's good stuff if it was still around. The ABV was 12% which is equal to most anything out of Napa Valley and fine Chardonnays.