What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
IMG_2896.jpeg
Back to clearing ATV/walking trails this morning. Today’s area wasn’t very challenging for the most part. Grapple didn’t fall off this time, maybe luck or maybe the SSQA handle tie downs added since the incident a while back when I was last able to work on this project. Glad I had the winch today. Used it to pull down a couple of decent sized, half fallen, dead trees I really wouldn’t have liked to be standing under while working on them with a saw.
IMG_2897.jpeg
Finished the initial tractor part. Still need to do some more pruning and hit a couple tiny sapling clusters with the weedeater with blade. Also plan to come back with some white marker flags and orange marker flags: white for old stump holes that need filling and orange for stumps that need grinding out. Hoping to come back with the bucket and stump grinder to put the finishing touches on it one day in the next couple weeks.
IMG_2898.jpeg

About halfway through today’s outing, noticed the lens had disappeared from the DPF inhibit button. Appears to work. Light still lights when it’s pressed. Just missing the lens. I have never used this button and don’t really care about the lens but if I leave it like that, it’s a little cup just waiting to be filled with water, dust, wood chips, etc.
IMG_2907.jpeg
Can get one for about $45. Haven’t looked at the WSM to map out a path to it yet. From a brief look at the tractor it appears to be easy to change out if you can dig down to it. Kind of like a throw out bearing on a clutch. If it’s bad enough to get to, it might end up with a custom piece of Lexan for a lid. I think I could draw the little broccoli thing and put a line through it for $45.
IMG_2910.png

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
View attachment 134122 Back to clearing ATV/walking trails this morning. Today’s area wasn’t very challenging for the most part. Grapple didn’t fall off this time, maybe luck or maybe the SSQA handle tie downs added since the incident a while back when I was last able to work on this project. Glad I had the winch today. Used it to pull down a couple of decent sized, half fallen, dead trees I really wouldn’t have liked to be standing under while working on them with a saw. View attachment 134123 Finished the initial tractor part. Still need to do some more pruning and hit a couple tiny sapling clusters with the weedeater with blade. Also plan to come back with some white marker flags and orange marker flags: white for old stump holes that need filling and orange for stumps that need grinding out. Hoping to come back with the bucket and stump grinder to put the finishing touches on it one day in the next couple weeks. View attachment 134124
About halfway through today’s outing, noticed the lens had disappeared from the DPF inhibit button. Appears to work. Light still lights when it’s pressed. Just missing the lens. I have never used this button and don’t really care about the lens but if I leave it like that, it’s a little cup just waiting to be filled with water, dust, wood chips, etc. View attachment 134125 Can get one for about $45. Haven’t looked at the WSM to map out a path to it yet. From a brief look at the tractor it appears to be easy to change out if you can dig down to it. Kind of like a throw out bearing on a clutch. If it’s bad enough to get to, it might end up with a custom piece of Lexan for a lid. I think I could draw the little broccoli thing and put a line through it for $45. View attachment 134126
I'd search Amazon, or maybe Granger or McMaster Carr for similar, but generic switches like that. Maybe find one with a lens you can use - for a whole lot less money.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Our outing was to the Jacksonville, FL facility. It was a quite unique facility and experience. Compared to other hospitals and medical facilities I’ve been involved with it seemed to be several notches above.
Good to hear that!
My relationship with the Mayo Clinic has always been with the "mother" clinic in Rochester, MN.

jay296

Equipment
Mx6000
Aug 2, 2024
Oklahoma
If it is impossible to get a Kubota dealer involved the only answer that I would have is to do a DPF delete. While many will object to tampering with emission systems, you are left with no choice. Search online for information and products to do the delete but be careful with sending payment to a supplier without checking references. Also, there might be laws where you are that prohibit tampering with emissions systems, you need to do a lot of homework.
I deleted my mx6000 myself for free and it works great. Very glad i did it.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I'd replace the pipe. Welding thin stuff sucks, and if one area of the pipe is thin another area is likely thin. Sure, it could be just that one pin-hole, but you have to pull the line to weld it anyway because heating steel to 2,220°F with a layer of hydraulic oil inside it is (from personal experience) probably not the wisest thing to attempt. ;)

P.S. If you do choose to weld it in place, get it on video. 😂

Ordered the replacement part Wednesday afternoon and got the part Friday morning. Thank you K for keeping parts readily available! Getting ready to lift the cab off so I can get remove the deck to change the line.

I'm thinking now's the time to buy some self adhesive heat shield/sound deadener for the bottom of the deck. The temp in the cab got to 54oC or 130oF last week bush hogging.

Reactions: 1 user