What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Used L2501 Hoe to lift rototiller back on M6800 after modified lower arm slip hitch slid off.
This 5'Kuhn rototiller is a bear from the 80's, but it was sized for a 35hp tractor. Had to modify the lower attach points so it would sit lower in the ground on the M6800. Plowed ground 1st and picked lots of rocks but never get them all. With tailgate up on rototiller bouncing a lot which made the lower arm point come off. Handy having 2 Kubotas.
It always amazes me why the rocks never end. You can have a 200 year old field that still has rocks in it. You would think at some point the frost would run out of rocks to push to the surface.

Reactions: 4 users

Gus1957

Premium Member

Equipment
M6800, L2501 TLB, BX2370
Dec 17, 2023
Cobleskill NY
It always amazes me why the rocks never end. You can have a 200 year old field that still has rocks in it. You would think at some point the frost would run out of rocks to push to the surface.

We bought this property 34 years ago and it was in hay. We were told it had been in corn like the next 3 fields next to us. We rotated hay and pasture on it for 25 years. Now a neighbor is cutting the hay.
I wanted to improve some areas and eventually restore ground to level over sunken drain tile lines.
So this was trial work. I couldn't borrow discs from anyone.

I borrowed IH 3 bottom 12" plows which worked well with the M6800 and they went down 8-10".
I wonder how much rock was picked previously ?

Reactions: 1 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I think that erosion plays a large part in rocks coming to the surface. For example; I have a stone fence around my property and the ground has risen to the top of the fence at the low point of the property despite no farming over the last 80+ years. On the opposite of the fence the farmed ground level is about six feet lower and the stone fence is being undermined. It is a slow process, but just look for those lone trees on a mound in the middle of a field and it will become clear what has happened.