What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Josie M6800

Equipment
M6800S 2005 with Cab
Aug 18, 2024
Texas
Sat on my M6800S and cried, just replaced my cab a/c, then had to replace Hyd pump, now clutch is hard to press down, dont know what to do now!!

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Took the L3902 a hundred yards down the road to a neighbors. They asked the other day if I would mind brushcutting approx an acre of overgrown yard. Grass was about 3-4 feet and some willows 6-8 feet but not overly thick. Went slow as it was somewhat bumpy, but no rocks or stumps. Took about 2 hours and they were very appreciative once I was done. Got fed fresh out of the oven muffins and hot coffee, even left with some pocket change I tried to decline. Forgot my phone so no pics.

Reactions: 3 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
What I really like about this site is all the knowledge and if someone sees something wrong in your post, they respectfully let you know (well maybe @SidecarFlip was an exception).

Thanks @lynnmor for questioning the bolt length in post 19,502. I got ahold of parts schematic and used sharpie to trace the bolt. Bingo - been ordering the wrong bolt for 2-years. Since I hadn’t removed 2 of the bolts it looks like whoever installed the subframe used the wrong side bolts for that piece too. There is a L and R and they are different lengths.

Here’s before and after. This explains why I was stripping bolts, not enough bolt into the nut when torquing to specs.

Thanks to everyone that commented and kept my brain thinking.

View attachment 135255

View attachment 135256

View attachment 135257

View attachment 135258
Big help but I would go another step longer, that would assure that you gain the last bit of strength and leave a margin of safety should a bolt begin to loosen. Bolts can be bought at numerous places and perhaps for a lower price, just be sure they are the same grade.

Reactions: 1 user