What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
There was a time that manufacturers would look at modifications that are made by owners to improve the usefulness of the machine and incorporate those improvements in their newer models, but those days are long gone.
I remember when I had my BX22 and had installed a Curtis soft cab that they said wouldn't fit the machine, but I knew better because someone on TBN had already installed the same cab on their BX22. They developed a way to raise the rear section of the roof. I sent those pictures to Curtis Cab in Worcester MA and they said the modification wasn't safe to use. When I purchased the Kubota cab for my BX23S I noticed that they copied the design that I sent them almost 20 years earlier and incorporated it in the new BX23S cab.
If you build a better mouse trap, someone will copy it and claim that they invented it. I saw this happen on Shark Tank where a woman claimed to develop a training method to teach cats to use a toilet. Her "idea" was nothing more than an exact copy of a product that was sold by pet shops in the early 1980s. She got a deal from one of the sharks and got wealthy on someone else's idea.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I saw a fairly entry level LS tractor at the local Kubota dealer a few years ago that was a trade in. It had a well-designed lever system at the rear for the lift arms. I took some photos of the linkage since I was thinking of doing something similar. I don't know why Kubota doesn't offer something similar.

View attachment 132157
Agreed, not something I'd use often but it would definitely come in handy when needed.

Reactions: 1 user

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Dropped the backhoe and put the rake on today so I could start cleaning up the new garden area. Just waiting on a check to come in and I'm buying a Pat's hitch. Stock 3pt hitches have got to be one of the most exasperating designs ever.

I thought I might be being a bit impulsive when I purchased the box blade and the landscape rake, but they are both turning out to be excellent purchases.

The issue I am having with the rock rake is that unless I shorten the top link a lot, I can't get it up and over piled up debris. But if I shorten it, then it wants to roll over the debris when I'm dragging. Hydraulic top n tilt will solve this problem, and I am very much looking forward to having that.

I do love having the little BX ... I'm working in small areas, and anything bigger, even a B series, would be a hassle. Would love to have a more capable back hoe and bigger FEL, but given that I can only have one tractor, this is definitely the one.

IMG_20240706_113739599_HDR.jpg IMG_20240706_114219241_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
For most implements I use a QH10 or QH15 on the 3-point so don't need to be at the rear of the cab trying to connect the lift arms and top link. That said, controls to adjust the lift arms from outside the tractor would be a nice upgrade for sure when connecting to implements that aren't QH compatible. Would you be willing to share some photos of your setup?

I saw a fairly entry level LS tractor at the local Kubota dealer a few years ago that was a trade in. It had a well-designed lever system at the rear for the lift arms. I took some photos of the linkage since I was thinking of doing something similar. I don't know why Kubota doesn't offer something similar.

View attachment 132157

Mine isn't that fancy but it works fine. I'll get some pictures and video of them when I use it again.

I actually use the hydraulic operated quick attach on the loader more than the controls on the rear because I go back and forth between the buckets and the forks all the time.

I really wish Kubota would have offered that as an option on the MX series like they do on the grand L series.

I got spoiled to the hydraulic couplers on my skid steers and wheel loaders and had to have it on the MX so I did it but it wasn't a cheap mod.

Reactions: 1 users

MotoBBQ

Equipment
L3902 w/ LA526 loader; rotary cutter; box blade
Jun 26, 2023
MN
Finished moving sand to fill in around my flagstone path I started 2 months ago. Last step is to seal it with polymeric sand. Kubota is helping make it's monthly payments this weekend.
20240706_122723.jpg

On the way to the sand pit I flushed out 2 fawns and their mother.
20240706_195813.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in Profile-About)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Had to adjust the linkage for the 3pt control that lifts the mower deck.....

I couldn't turn the deck height adjustment knob all the way around.... kept hitting that stop tab.

drove me nuts until I removed the deck and the left rear tire to get a good look at things....

a couple turns on the adjustment bolt and she is good-2-go again.

Gave me a chance to grease up the mower deck.... also replace the zerk that fell out of the spindle bolt.

not sure what the stock Bota thread was..... All I had was 1/4-28 zerks...... ran a tap down it and it worked fine. a little blue loctite for good measure.....
20240707_041857.jpg 20240707_041928.jpg
Installed BXtreme underbody armor and had the same issue of not being able to lock the armor fully up until marking the bolt's outward facing flat side and adjusting the bolt in 5/6 turn.

Like you, when greasing up I found a mower zerk is missing, this one is a wheel zerk. What size are they (I don't have a thread pitch gauge here in the woods)? I hate to hit up the dealer as I'm sure I'll lose a few more eventually so would like to order multiple quality zerks--which raises the question: are all Kubota zerks the same?
20240707_041758.jpg
(One is MIA, what general replacement do i need?)

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Like you, when greasing up I found a mower zerk is missing, this one is a wheel zerk. What size are they (I don't have a thread pitch gauge here in the woods)? I hate to hit up the dealer as I'm sure I'll lose a few more eventually so would like to order multiple quality zerks--which raises the question: are all Kubota zerks the same?
View attachment 132231
(One is MIA, what general replacement do i need?)
Not sure if they are all the same.... I would take one out of the plastic wheel and compare it to the one in the top of the spindle bolt.

I replaced my spindle bolt zerk with a 1/4-28
I just ran a tap thought it.

I wouldn't be too worried about the plastic wheel.... probably don't need grease anyway..

you could also use one of this gadgets.... comes in handy.

4109P5XpvbL._AC_.jpg

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Beautiful 82 degree day with lower humidity. Last couple days it’s been in the 90% range with little to no wind. Jumped on the B1700 and mowed. Took a bit longer due to distractions. I’m not complaining IMG_2975.jpeg IMG_2972.jpeg IMG_2973.jpeg IMG_2974.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

rh74

Equipment
LX2610, LA535, BH77, LX2980, RB1672, BB2560, PFL1242
Feb 17, 2024
Hoosick Falls, NY
Installed rear remotes on my LX2610.
Installed top link and blade angle cylinders. Top link should be real handy for fixing the driveway this summer with the box blade. The blade angle for snow this winter.

Attachments

Reactions: 7 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Installed top link and blade angle cylinders. Top link should be real handy for fixing the driveway this summer with the box blade. The blade angle for snow this winter.
A couple of suggestions for your hoses. I'd be concerned with them hung over the side they may catch something. Also, with the hoses going over the top of the QH and you raise the QH too high, you may break the hydraulic fittings off the hose.

Mine are routed straight to the front and I route them under my QH and up to my outlets. I also had 90° elbows installed to eliminate the chance of breaking them.

20240707_152508.jpg

20240707_152512.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

rh74

Equipment
LX2610, LA535, BH77, LX2980, RB1672, BB2560, PFL1242
Feb 17, 2024
Hoosick Falls, NY
A couple of suggestions for your hoses. I'd be concerned with them hung over the side they may catch something. Also, with the hoses going over the top of the QH and you raise the QH too high, you may break the hydraulic fittings off the hose.

Mine are routed straight to the front and I route them under my QH and up to my outlets. I also had 90° elbows installed to eliminate the chance of breaking them.

View attachment 132266
View attachment 132267
S-G-R thanks for advice. I did try through the QH first, but the hoses wanted to lay in the QH clamp and equipment pin. I did test the movement slowly and the over the top was a better option with the cylinder connectors turned 90 degs away. I'm going to turn cylinder connectors to straight inline like your's. I don't think I can put 90 deg fittings on the tractor end. See the picture below. My connections at the tractor are down low and close to the ROPS. I also have a backhoe frame in the way.

I'm assuming your tractor connections are in a different location?

I've run out of time for the day and will try adjusting the hoses tomorrow.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

View attachment 132266
View attachment 132267
Look at you guys with your fancy hydraulic tilt/angle rear blades. Very nice!! (y)

• Haha

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Not on it, but for it.
Got this rotary pump back working on a 50gal transfer tank. Carbon vanes were stuck almost solid. Once out a quick few swipes with a file on the rotor had them sliding in and out easily. Few minutes on the wire wheel and rotor was mostly rust/carbon/gunk free. Brass brush took care of the aluminum housing. No after pics, but it works now!
IMG_5823.jpeg

IMG_5825.jpeg

IMG_5824.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
My system is a few years old, just bought off of Amazon, it has a 7" screen-I wouldn't want anything smaller.

Here is a similar system:

For a higher end system, look at CabCam:

Which one would you recommend. The Yuwei or the Cab Cam ?
Thank you in advance for your answer. Really appreciate it.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Which one would you recommend. The Yuwei or the Cab Cam ?
Thank you in advance for your answer. Really appreciate it.
One is a cheap China cam sold on Amazon with no support, and you may have to improvise on the brackets and mountings, the other is a higher end system marketed towards AG and equipment use. The Yuwei is just OK and fine for my use, so I'm really not sure if the CabCam is worth the premium over it-but I've not used it either.

Last edited:

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
For most implements I use a QH10 or QH15 on the 3-point so don't need to be at the rear of the cab trying to connect the lift arms and top link. That said, controls to adjust the lift arms from outside the tractor would be a nice upgrade for sure when connecting to implements that aren't QH compatible. Would you be willing to share some photos of your setup?

View attachment 132157

Who ever did that rear 3ph lift control did a really nice job - very professional ! I wanted to do the same thing. When I'm standing on the ground where I can reach the lever in the operator's station I cant see the 3ph because I'm short and my tire is tall. So I put a lever in the back. Mine is pretty primitive. I made a crude clamp on the end of a bar and clamped it to the 3ph control linkage. Push up to lower, push down to raise.

P1160779.JPG

P1160791.JPG

gg

Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
S-G-R thanks for advice. I did try through the QH first, but the hoses wanted to lay in the QH clamp and equipment pin. I did test the movement slowly and the over the top was a better option with the cylinder connectors turned 90 degs away. I'm going to turn cylinder connectors to straight inline like your's. I don't think I can put 90 deg fittings on the tractor end. See the picture below. My connections at the tractor are down low and close to the ROPS. I also have a backhoe frame in the way.

I'm assuming your tractor connections are in a different location?

I've run out of time for the day and will try adjusting the hoses tomorrow.
I have a cab and it appears my remotes are higher than yours. I belive you can also get 45° elbows as well.
20240707_204543.jpg