What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and all LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Used the landplane to level off my new driveway and part of the yard. I need to get rid of the tree at some point but it isn't interfering with anything yet.

View attachment 131884
View attachment 131883
View attachment 131886
View attachment 131885
S-G-R. How do you like your land plane? My salesman at the Kubota dealership said you grab a coffee/beer put it all the way down and just drive👍. I guess boxblade / land plane have different purposes but I would rather have the plane

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Did some digging yesterday for a repeat client. His side "yard" was severely back pitched towards the house and quite messy too. I didn't get a "before" pic, but it was quite a disaster. All in all, I probably pulled out 20 yards of soil to get it graded away from the house. Had to be a bit careful since the bottom of the slope was in a neighbors yard (also a client of mine).

Anyway, here are a few pics. The mini was beastly again and it continually impresses me on it's capabilities despite its size.

Beginning (sort of) I was taking it down in lifts of approx 8" at a time.

fatigate side yard 1.JPG

fatigate side yard 2.JPG

getting closer

fatigate side yard 3.JPG

fatigate side yard 4.JPG

Done...for now.

fatigate side yard 5.JPG

fatigate side yard 7.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
S-G-R. How do you like your land plane? My salesman at the Kubota dealership said you grab a coffee/beer put it all the way down and just drive👍. I guess boxblade / land plane have different purposes but I would rather have the plane
Not speaking for SGR, but your salesman is right.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have a land leveler (land plane) and box blade, both made by Everything Attachments. The land leveler is excellent on a gravel driveway that needs dressing up but doesn't need much in the way of moving a lot of material around. The box blade is more versatile in that it can move a lot of material but with some practice can be used to dress up a driveway.

If I were to only pick one I'd have to go for the box blade.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Did some digging yesterday for a repeat client. His side "yard" was severely back pitched towards the house and quite messy too. I didn't get a "before" pic, but it was quite a disaster. All in all, I probably pulled out 20 yards of soil to get it graded away from the house. Had to be a bit careful since the bottom of the slope was in a neighbors yard (also a client of mine).

Anyway, here are a few pics. The mini was beastly again and it continually impresses me on it's capabilities despite its size.

Beginning (sort of) I was taking it down in lifts of approx 8" at a time.

View attachment 131969

View attachment 131970

getting closer

View attachment 131971
View attachment 131972

Done...for now.

View attachment 131973

View attachment 131974
That grading bucket was the perfect tool!

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I like it. It's not great on soil if it isn't completely dry but i did a decent job leveling with some on the fly three point adjustments. On stone I'd agree with your salesman.

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Continuing to pull stumps in the future mini-orchard & vegetable garden.

I knew this one would take a while. Patient digging, with occasional pushes and tugs with the backhoe to check for movement. I said "ok, we're almost there" more times than I'd like to admit. We were, actually, not almost there. But then we were and it was a happy time.

I've taken my tractor back to my neighbor's house where I park it because twice this week I was out on the tractor instead of working on client projects. Fortunately I'm tractored out for a while.

IMG_20240703_140441178.jpg
IMG_20240703_140456028.jpg

IMG_20240703_140426641.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
After the right side latch getting knocked loose a few days ago and bending the SSQA plate, still needed to straighten it a bit more even though it was close enough to hook up the grapple. Was the planning to get started on that one day late last week in the afternoon after a dermatologist appointment.

Dermatologist cut off something they didn’t like the look of and told me half way through cutting that I’d have a “gallon of milk” lifting restriction and nine stitches instead of the no lifting restriction and one stitch projected when they started. I really don’t recall what spontaneous utterance came from me, but it resulted in the doctor saying the point was to not raise my blood pressure to the point I busted my stitches or started bleeding so be reasonable and lift with my legs if necessary. That I could live with.

So no more trail cutting for a while but a bent SSQA plate was bothering me. The prospect of it potentially recurring was bothering me. Took off the grapple and tried to put on the forks just to be sure it was straight enough to be functional. No go. Left side 1/4” from engaging at all. Bucket more like 3/8” off. Not good.

Pushing one side on a tree worked to get it good enough for the grapple but further tree pushing was fruitless. Clamped a chunk of steel plate in between the stops on the left side and running against that extended stop got it restored to full functionality.

A search of Messick’s website indicated the SSQA plate could be had for a mere $1351 plus tax and shipping. That and being unable to do anything particularly strenuous inspired me to make sure this doesn’t recur.

Two tiny screw shackles, a bit of vinyl clad wire rope (got to protect the paint on the torque tube), and one swager later we have a SSQA tie down. Takes maybe 90 seconds longer to hook/unhook, mostly because it requires a wrench.

Washed and greased it after.
IMG_2705.jpeg
IMG_2708.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Despite getting 5" of rain last week it's dry again. I seem to have a knack for planting a lot of trees then we have a dry summer.
20240703_193606.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I like it. It's not great on soil if it isn't completely dry but i did a decent job leveling with some on the fly three point adjustments. On stone I'd agree with your salesman.
Ya I have a rear hydraulic blade that I use now but I watched some YouTube videos I definitely want one

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I have a land leveler (land plane) and box blade, both made by Everything Attachments. The land leveler is excellent on a gravel driveway that needs dressing up but doesn't need much in the way of moving a lot of material around. The box blade is more versatile in that it can move a lot of material but with some practice can be used to dress up a driveway.

If I were to only pick one I'd have to go for the box blade.
Yes I had a box blade at one time but didn’t have much practice with it. I could see that they take some time to get used to for sure.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Ya I have a rear hydraulic blade that I use now but I watched some YouTube videos I definitely want one
I have a RB1672 with hydraulics and it has its place but I found it was riding up and down where the landplane with its extra length and rear facing blades took the high spots off.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Yes I had a box blade at one time but didn’t have much practice with it. I could see that they take some time to get used to for sure.
Forgot to take before pics.

There is a negative slope towards house and new concrete patio. I graded it about 1in below the concrete and left the side near the concrete with a slight bump of about 1in. to help the runoff flow in the direction that I heading in the MX.

View attachment 101256
View attachment 101257

View attachment 101258

As I grade, the ranch hand pulls excess material out so that the ground remains level during each pass with box blade. Also the L25 is used to pull excess material away from the slab by back dragging the bucket.
View attachment 101259

Its difficult to see elavation changes within pictures.

At the corner of the patio, the water either flows towards the pasture or flows down the driveway.

Just needs some sod/seed now.
View attachment 101261

This picture helps shows the grade/slope that I'm working on.
Est. 7% to 8%.
View attachment 101262
^see above post for pictures.

From small areas to roads, my boxblade can do many things land planes can't. If the roads have elevation to them, many times the road material need to be redistributed after heavy rainfall/weather events, and planes don't help with that.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Keeping the grass down!!! But we got to, every time lately when we walk the dog we are covered in ticks they like tall grass.
Could you get chickens or Guinea fowl fenced in the area to eat the tick population down?

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Most of the folks that I know that have planes don't even put a crown in their gravel roads, the plane and boxblade both are capable. If my road had no elavation, I would get a plane in a heartbeat. I have three "speed" bumps on my road to slow down the water or the material will get washed.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
Could you get chickens or Guinea fowl fenced in the area to eat the tick population down?
I probably could yep, my wife has been wanting chickens forever. I might have to if it keeps up. From reading ticks thrive in tall grass so I will keep that down and so it’s not a fire hazard in fall as well

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
^see above post for pictures.

From small areas to roads, my boxblade can do many things land planes can't. If the roads have elevation to them, many times the road material need to be redistributed after heavy rainfall/weather events, and planes don't help with that.
Seems the more I read on this forum about box blades you love them or hate them. Some guys say all they are is an expensive ballast P.O.S. Haha and the next guy likes them and is very capable with it. I know availability and price point you can’t beat a box blade compared to a plane

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Seems the more I read on this forum about box blades you love them or hate them. Some guys say all they are is an expensive ballast P.O.S. Haha and the next guy likes them and is very capable with it. I know availability and price point you can’t beat a box blade compared to a plane
haha, true. It takes a bit of experience, to learn/use the box blade, but it has far more uses than a land plane.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
No real action shots. Used the grapple to "sift" crappy fill dirt and pull out the rock. Then used the rocks to build a "ladies fire pit" (one that doesn't get cigar butts, trash or cans tossed in it)
Lighter fluid bottle for size reference.

20240630_154803.jpg

20240630_155431.jpg

Reactions: 4 users