New tractor buyer

busdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Looking, snow blower, disking, gravel / dirt road maintenance.
Jun 30, 2024
New Meadows, Id
Welcome to OTT. May I ask why a front mounted snowblower? If it is because you prefer not to twist and back up they have inverted blowers which mount on the rear and you drive forward. The added bonus with these is you keep the loader attached for any clean up and piling. This option may expand your search for the perfect tractor. Good luck. View attachment 133275
It started with wanting to get a skid steer, so the front mount carried over to the tractor and to be able to see the blower working aiming the shoot. I'll think about it. My land lord does plowing in the winter I'll have to talk to him about his setup. Love the pic. Looks like the place we bought.

Reactions: 1 user

yorkies77

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
I’m at 4883 feet here in Cascade and I’ve just got a BX23S and it doesn’t have a turbo and I don’t have any problems with the altitude. I run all of my implements with zero problems. Just my own observations.

busdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 30, 2024
New Meadows, Id
I’m at 4883 feet here in Cascade and I’ve just got a BX23S and it doesn’t have a turbo and I don’t have any problems with the altitude. I run all of my implements with zero problems. Just my own observations.
Hey neighbor again. Got a couple days left teaching and I'll be heading off the airplane straight to Idaho Tractor. Being talking with Kelab. Hopefully he can get me a GL5460. I'd like to get my snow blowing done quickly since I got 1500' of road besides get around all the building.

busdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 30, 2024
New Meadows, Id
Hey neighbor again. Got a couple days left teaching and I'll be heading off the airplane straight to Idaho Tractor. Being talking with Kelab. Hopefully he can get me a GL5460. I'd like to get my snow blowing done quickly since I got 1500' of road besides get around all the building. Does Idaho Tractor flexible on prices or are they stuck in the mud.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Hey neighbor again. Got a couple days left teaching and I'll be heading off the airplane straight to Idaho Tractor. Being talking with Kelab. Hopefully he can get me a GL5460. I'd like to get my snow blowing done quickly since I got 1500' of road besides get around all the building.
The L5460 is a very nice tractor for sure.

I blew snow for five years with a BX25 with front mounted snow blower, and these past three winters I've used a Land Pride SB1574 behind both an open station MX6000 and a cabbed MX6000. I clean up a much bigger area now with the rear mount blower and don't have a problem with it in terms of looking over my shoulder when necessary. I find it easy to rotate my torso in the seat to avoid straining my neck. When that's no longer practical I'll invest in a 3-point pull-behind model. I need/want the FEL free for an hydraulic snow blade up front which works really well on my driveways.

yorkies77

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Good luck working with Kalab at Idaho Tractor. They are really nice and easy to work with. Dave will deliver your new tractor. He and his brother Chris are the sons of the of the original owner. Chris pretty much runs and Dave does the deliveries. Every time we have dealt with them, no matter what it was, has always been pleasant. Hopefully they have everything in stock that you need. Our driveway is only about 350 feet and I have a front mounted snowblower and I believe it's a lot better than one mounted on the pto. Mine is an open station and I wear a snowmobile suit and it works fine.