New profile posts

I picked up this one about six years ago from an old man that could no longer launch and recover. It was all getting too much for him. He told me he was the second owner and that his buddy that did the maintenance was the first owner.
He told me it never let him down and he could always count on it.

Well, I guess I wasn't so lucky. The first few years I had to get towed back several times. The first year the water pump in the stern drive went out and I didn't notice because I was just getting on plane and avoiding other traffic. Stuff got real bad real fast. The exhaust risers overheated and melted the rubber connecting boots and the sift cable. The next year RPM's go up but no prop action. The splines on the coupler that the drive shaft of the stern drive goes in were stripped out. At least I know my boat real well now because I'm doing all the work. Why pay somebody for something you are perfectly capable of doing your self :)
Don't be embarassed on the water. It is great just to be there. I'm glad you can appreciate a good time on the water.
Yea, I know how it is when the boat has to labor to get on plane. My first boat would easily get overloaded and I had to assign seats too. We had a blast on it but it was a bowrider so the wind either made your day or froze you to death. I like riding out of the wind. This isn't a serious speed boat because the hull is 24° deadrise monohull which carves a pretty deep trough in the water but it rides like it is on rails. Smooth and strong. If I had some steps and pads this thing would fly but that is not my focus right now.
You are right, a 502 would pull a 22 foot boot like a rocket. But I am an idiot, I don't have a 502 I have a 5.0. I must have been tired when I typed that, sorry for the confusion. I'll have to get back to you on the gear ratio, that I don't remember. I have some pictures of the boat on one of my external hard drives, I'll find them. I could go outside and take a picture but I don't want to take the cover off :)

I have always liked the cuddies because there is a place to sleep and hide when the weather turns nasty. My buddy has a open bow, I hate it. When ever I go out in his boat I freeze my ass off and there is no where to get shelter.
I think that dude coulda stayed on there as long as he wanted. That chick aint got the energy to open a twinky!
What drive and gear ratio does your boat have. I would think that a 502 in a 22 foot boat would climb up out of the water pretty good. I like cuddies. Both my Formula's are cuddies. More than speed I like a stable ride so the big power gives me control over the water on bad days while everyone else suffers in the slop.
Dang, you are a speed freak! I've seen boats like yours go by me on the river. It's real embarrassing. I have a 1988 22 foot cuddy with a GMC 502 stern drive. It does pretty good but sometimes I can't have all the big people in the back or else I can't get on plain. It gets kinda awkward when the heavies get in and I start assigning seats :)
Thanks traildust. I should have it back together this year if I don't take a different route. What I really want to do is build a 542cid 825HP stroker for it. After I sell my 242SS Formula I will know what to do. I also got interested in a 312 Fastec Formula with twins. They call my disease twofootitis LOL just keep moving up in boat size two foot at a time. LOL
Well the only way to tell which probe they use is by the taste LOL! Sorry to hear your going threw such a rough time dude. Hope ya get to feeling better soon. Tell them damn doc's to stop making a pin cushion outta your ass!
Oh, damn bro! I don't handle this kinda stuff very well. I don't know what to say or do :(

I sincerely wish and hope for you the best and most healthy life.

By the way. I hope there not using the same probe on both ends :eek:
I'm still kicking. I have two project launches going on at the same time at work, plus there is a pretty good chance I have abdominal cancer and I am being poked and prodded all the damn time now. Plus they keep sending these damn "probes" :eek: up my arse and down my throat which makes me get really sick :mad:
Hi Vic,
Sorry to get back to you so late. I just didnt know how to navigate around the forum, and only just found your reply by chance. Thanks for caring to reply. Do you have any pics for a "bed shaper" by the way. My e-mail address is;
<conniferns@gmail.com>
I bought ne 16.5 rims and installed tire from a Skid Steer 10-16.5. If you don't want to do all that look at some light truck tires with aggressive tread to your liking in a 16". couple hundred a piece but new skid tires and rims will run 80 a piece for rims and 65 to 150 a piece for tires