New profile posts

The oil filter is sitting sideways on the right hand side of the engine about half between the front and back side of the engine. The fuel filter is located near the rear of the engine on the right hand side. For life of me I do not remember the filter numbers but Mr K and Vic have the filter numbers for the Napa filters and they are made by Wix and are of high quality and they are what I used.

Oh one thing when you repack the front hubs I used high temperature disc brake grease as it tended to be a better product and it did a better job of keeping the water out of the hubs if you keep your tractor outside. On mine it was always kept in the garage as I liked having a dry seat .
That's A1 info Michael. I like the point you make comparing the price of a rod end versus grease. I will put together a log on the tractor tomorrow.
Need to do an engine oil change/oil filter plus gear oil in the rear end and I will have replaced all the fluid other than the coolant. I will buy a coolant checking device tomorrow.
Where is the oul filter on this machine? I took a quick peek the other day and couldn't locate.
I cleaned the suction filter last week, amazing the pile of crap the filter caught. I don't think the previous owner ever did it!
meanjean, I am sorry but there is no known owner's manual for the L1801 in either hard copy or PDF. The closest North American manual for this model tractor is the owner's manual is the L185. I personally always serviced my old L1801 changing the oil and diesel filters every 100 hours or once a year which ever was first. Servicing the gearbox I did it once every 2 years and cleaning the transmission screen and I greased my L1801 every ten hours as grease is cheap but buying new tie rod ends is expensive. If you have the four wheel drive model I would also keep the front axle service every two years also if it is a 2 wheel drive model as I had I repacked the front hubs every year.
Vi!

I anticipate asking a pile of L1801 questions as tractors are new to me.
Am I better off asking questions in general maintenance or Grey forum?
Thanks Vic.
Your friend is lucky to have purchased a tractor from someone so helpful.
I'm a new owner of an L1801 with loader. Beginning an owner log and wanting to secure a service schedule.
Can you provide a recommended service schedule?
Have you got a pdf owners manual for the L1801?
First time maintaing hydraulic system but I am mechanically inclined.
Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Hello Vic,

Thanks for your reply regarding owners manual for the Daedong Tractor. I will forward a photo shortly.
Regards
George
American Data Networks is a Costa Rica-based internet empresarial company, offering performance enterprise-class Internet, VoIP (voice over IP), Nationwide, licensed frequency, dedicated links, International Private Links in multiple submarine cables, Network monitoring and Colocation (optimized space for your servers) services.
Hi, nice to see another Uk orange owner, i am putting some more on photobucket this weekend,i'll send you the link .
thanks
rob
Hey Vic,any hints on removing the steering wheel?..L1501 CREEPER..Don't have a puller that will work,got my engine lift holding a bind on the wheel and soaked it w/penatrating oil.Used a punch & hammer on the center stud,no luck(lol)...THANKS and APPRECIATE YOUR SITE !!
Anyone having a dying problem with their L3700hst on acceleration. My 3700 has 5 hours on it and it will die sometimes when I depress the motion pedal and when I let up it will run again ,this is with no load and at 2400rpm leval ground.
Welcome back brother! It's been a while. Hope all is well on your end. Finally got back into truckin about a month or so ago, after being out of work for a year. Damn does it feel good to be working again!!!
hi vic, i have a zd28 that the left wheel has just about completely quit moving....you can only drive at a very slow speed if your lucky. Is there anything that i can do to test this or help to figure out the problem. I am a Ford technician so i'm pretty handy. looking for a manual or some help. could you please point me in some direction..
WOW! Mr. K deleted a message that somebody left for me? Dang, it must have been REALLY bad.

Thanks Mr. K for keeping it clean :)
'sup chicken butt? Work sucks and so do you...ha ha, I couldn't resist :)

Here is just one of the things that's been keeping me busy the last couple of months....
Sorry Vic, Iposted the reply but it disappears somewhere. Here it is again

My address is 6836 Lakes rd, Duncan,BC,V9L5W4. Or I have relatives in Calgary, and they're more than happy to pick them up for me.

Than
My address is 6836 Lakes rd, Duncan,BC,V9L5W4. Or I have relatives in Calgary, and they're more than happy to pick them up for me.

Than
Hi Vic,
Just wonder if you still have these parts as you mentioned in this post:

"I also stock the correct aftermarket 3 point hitch setup specifically made for the B7001. It includes all the parts and pieces necessary to up convert from a 2 point to a full 3 point without any modification, drilling or dickin around! Budda-Bing, Budda -Boom. Time for a beer!

I’ve upgraded several B7001’s to 3 points and when done, they look and perform factory! Hitch is $329 complete, and worth every penny in saved frustration, tire clearance issues, etc. Been there and done that with the cheap crap that didn’t work!"

Could you contact me and let me know. Also, Do you know where can I get the 42" brush cutter or a flail mower for the B7001.

Thanks

tpham