New profile posts

my Kubota M-490 has been giving me trouble in an electrical issue so i recently put a brand new OEM ignition key switch in it yesterday i was unloading items and it was parked emergency brake on also blocked and just sitting at an idle and it died ??? took a little bit but did start back up i have checked cables and the electrical plug in to the dash but it all looks good for some time i would have to tap on the fuel solenoid because it would stick when cold and also would have to hold key longer in the start mode to keep in running any ideas ??? or sugjestions on what to check or look for or test would be much appreciated
I have a b6100 that is making oil. It doesn’t smell like diesel. The oil is black and not milky. I’m thinking hydraulic oil. Any suggestions is appreciated.
just stumbled upon your post and the glow plug relay issue. I have a 2010 Grand L3940 Kubota and have a devil of a time starting it in cold weather. You mentioned that you ran a jumper wire from the battery directly to the glow plug connector for 10 seconds. Can you be more specific. Do I simply run a single wire from the positive battery terminal to the connector and hold it there for ten seconds. Then try and start the tractor? Wasn't sure if I needed to have the key switch on while connecting the jumper, etc.. I thought a circuit would need a ground connection as well. Just trying to confirm is this is my problem before pulling the dash, etc.. I've already checked the obvious, fuel filter, battery charged, etc.. thanks.
200mph
Sent private message. Sorry for the delay in responding, but just noticed the inquiry.
D
dgtvrpepair
I had the grand l3940 before trading for l4760. The problem is more than likely the glow plug relay. It was built with a relay that couldn't handle the amp draw of the glow plugs. Their is an updated heavier glow plug relay to put on it. The relay is under the steering console cover. A few 10mm bolts to remove on lower cover and a couple of phililps form the gauge cluster. The relay is behind the cluster. It is center relay. When going to dealer to get replacement make certain that the 2 larger terminals are a gold looking color. This is the one that supplies more amperage to glow plugs and won't fail.
M
mbaker07
I know this is a late post but thought it might help someone searching for this subject. My 2014 L3940HST got to where it was very hard to start when cold. After some troubleshooting I narrowed it down to the glow plug relay which is mounted under the cowling behind the guages. Turns out there was a service bulletin from Kubota in Dec. 2014 saying that there was an issue with the spade connectors on the relay. The connectors were too small which caused a loose connection on the "power" side of the relay. The new relay I purchased from Kubota had much wider and thicker spades but still plugged into the existing relay base. This fixed the problem.
I am interested in a set of winter covers for my LX3310 can you contact me how to order them
bird dogger
bird dogger
Sarky94, I started a "Conversation" with you. (Sent a message) Look for and select the "Envelope" icon in the top right corner of the OTT header bar. It should take you to the Conversation. Select it to open and read.. If that doesn't work....message me back here. Thanks for your interest!
David
Hello Superjet, I'm pretty close to you here in Michigan, near the St. Johns area. I'm looking to purchase a grapple for my MX5800 and would like to fit a good grill guard first. Reading from this forum, are you available to make one? If so, please let me know cost, timing and notable specs, as appropriate. Thank you, Michael
F
Family Farmer
Thanks for the link, Justin. What grade steel do you use? How many new holes need drilled in the factory guard for installation? Michael
Superjet511
Superjet511
They are 11 gauge steel (1/8"). You would need to drill 4 holes on the factory guard. 2 on each side.
Thank ypu for your interest.
Justin
OK, I've gotta know. How did you post the degree symbol? I can't find it as an OTT tool. Lynn
Morning all, Just bought a Ryobi battery powered grease gun to use on my b2301 and was wondering if there is a specific type of grease tube I should be looking at for this.
Netmagi, my name is Lou. I have the same tractor as you and live in Dtown. Would like to work with you increasing the HP on my tractor. Please let me know best way to get in touch.
Hello. I see your are having hydraulic trouble with your L295DT Kubota. If you give me a phone can I will walk you through testing and repair.
Lance Newhall (209)-712-4066
I am in central California. I think we are 3 hours different.
T
Tgore76
Lance,
I’m sorry that I’m just seeing this! I really appreciate the offer. I actually just discovered the problem was the clogged filter. I do still have a lot of work to do on this tractor and I am a newbie… so I hope it’s OK if I keep your number and take you up on the offer later!
I have a 1996 L3600 tractor that has a broken windshield wiper arm. The motor works, but I am unable to find a aftermarket arm for it . The dealer wants $230.00 for just the arm. This amount is way out of my budget. I am looking for ideas onwhat I can use. The wiper arm has two arms that at 18 inches long and wipes from side to side, not a arc. Suggestions please.
Losing prime on a 9540. It has happened off and on for a year. Now it won’t keep prime more then 5 minute’s. Changed filters and noticed first filter bowl 1/2 full.