New profile posts

I'm impressed with the custom winter fronts you make!
I have a 2014 B2650. I bought it in the spring of 2019.
It was still brand new. Poor fella bought it, put 12 hours on it planting some trees then, unfortunately, he passed away. His widow had it in their heated garage for 5 years before deciding to sell it. I'm about to hit the 200-hour mark now. I put some time into it during the summer. I have 3 acres, my dad has 2 acres and I have done custom tilling for gardens.

I've been pushing snow with it this winter and I find it struggles to keep the temp above the bottom mark on the gauge. Just as you mentioned.

Are you still making these? Could you PM me a price or email me at brad@johnsontruckline.com
Reactions: 1 user
bird dogger
bird dogger
I still make them brad. and thanks for the compliments. I'll send a message to your address mentioned above.
Hi there Oliver - been digging around a lot on OTT for information on flail mowers and found a post from you last year that said you are running the L2501 and the Woodmaxx FM62. This is actually the same combination I'm considering (probably with Y blades). Woodmaxx was trying to talk me into the FM54 instead (which even if I did want it, is not in stock currently, unfortunately).

Wondering if you can tell me a little more about your experiences with this combination and if it is still working out for you? Do you have the HST 2501? Any issues or problems you've run into with lacking PTO hp? Hills on your property? Any regrets on not getting the hydrostatic?

Thanks much,
Mark
O
Oliver
Limited to 1000 characters so I'm having to divide my two paragraphs into 3 or 4 replies.

One time when I got in really tall thick grass and weeds and didn't slow down to a crawl like I should have, I heard a squeal which was from the three belts so I immediately stopped to let the mower catch up, then proceeded. When that happened I could hear the engine working hard but it maintained the same 2,000-2,100, so I'm not sure more power would be that much benefit. And it's so nice not having to run around pulling a rake or blade, doing loader work, etc. with the engine running max rpm all the time like you really should in a DPF tractor.
O
Oliver
I do have hills but where I mow is flat for WV, I guess rolling is a better description, and with 2" spacers it's very stable. Much more so than the B2650 I had prior. However with only 25hp I specifically chose to not add liquid to the tires which is unnecessary with an implement on the back anyway. For loader work I attach the ballast box, or an implement.

I did have some regrets after purchasing the B2650. It had enough power and had some nice deluxe features but it felt a little tippy on side slopes because it is as tall as the L but rear track about 6" narrower than an L (10" now that I have spacers). I also didn't care for the pull / push button to engage the PTO, it just seemed too abrupt. The L took care of those issues and I really like this tractor. If my garage burned down with the tractor I'd replace it with another L2501HST.
G
goblue74
Thanks Oliver for taking the time to write that up - this was very helpful and makes me think I made the right decision. I went with the FM62H (Y blades) and it is on its slow trip from NY to CA. Our usage sounds roughly similar. Plan to mow once or twice a year as fire suppression on meadow areas that are mixed in with oaks and granite (property is in the Sierra foothills, where it gets very dry in summer). While I have a pretty good slope from the top of the property to the bottom, the areas that will need mowing are sort of terraced. So for a given area, it is relatively flat, and then have to move to the next area. Looking forward to it arriving. They say next week, but with snowstorms in the middle of the country, I am guessing that might get pushed back a bit. Thanks again - will let you know how it goes.

Oh one more question - am I remembering right that you have a quick hitch from your original post? QH15 or QH10? I have the 10 and wondering how that will work out.

Mark
Hi Dawson - I see below you mention having drawings for a few L models. Do you make the grill guards for the L2501? Thanks!
Mobile4040
Mobile4040
No sir, not currently. I have L4701 and L3560
i just bought a B7200hst d. and can't seem to find air cleaner housing or front tires 20.5x8x10?
Thanks bud , thats why I said I would pull it down if flip or a couple others started their shit.
coachgeo
coachgeo
this one Flip probably agree's with you lol.
Tony, I just bought a B2100 and am searching for the location of the strainer. The manual has a confusing drawing indicating the strainer is on the left side of the tractor next to the hydraulic oil filter cartridge. But I think it is on the opposite side of the tractor on the right side behind the rear wheel. Can you please give me a clue?
Morning Dawson. I hope you are doing well this wet cold January day. I wanted to ask you, how do your brush guards fasten to my existing factory brush guard? They look great in the picture. Im excited to receive it. I cringe a little when I approach a brush pile. Especially with just the loader bucket attached. The grapple offers a little more protection.
Mobile4040
Mobile4040
Ill text you some pics.
CGMKCM
CGMKCM
Good afternoon, I would like to see some pics of your grill guards. I have a Kubota 4760 and have some grapple work to do. You can e-mail me at urbanstd@gmail.com. Or if the pics are on FB send me your FB info. I tried looking you up on FB but found several people with the same name.
Tim
Mobile4040
Mobile4040
I only have drawings for the MX models, and a few L models
"The More I see of Some People The Better I Like My Dog"
D
D2Cat
Partner, just so you know, Skeets wife passed away about one year ago from a battle with cancer. Probably best to not make references.
C
Clint from Flint
D2Cat..thanks for the heads up....New Member here and I didn't know...so sorry for his loss as I lost my wife about 3 1/2 years ago.
Clint
New Kubota owner
I have a new Kabota model L 3301 but the dealer says they don’t make a armrest for it. Any suggestions out there
kubotafreak
kubotafreak
Grand L seat upgrade... Sell yours and buy a dealer take off. They have them when they swap an air ride seat, and don't give the poor owner back the seat they removed.
Hey--I have that same tractor--where did you get the tires and what did you go with? Thanks,
I have an interest in your mats for the L2501 - depending on price, of course. Have you considered one for the step as well?
Hawk67
Hawk67
On a set of mats I’m asking $95+shipping. I have thought about the step and the only way I can thing of holding it on would be using 2 elevator bolts. If you are ok with that I could probably make one for you.
I’m thinking we could use PayPal if you decide to go with a set.
Thank,
Ken
K
Kubota2021
How can I purchase a set of mats?
Hawk67
Hawk67
Hello, a set of mats is 95+shipping. If you send me the city name and zip code I can give you the total.

Also, if you want to text me for a faster response my cell is 864-633-9664

Thanks,
Ken
I inherited a B3200, I believe to be about 10 years old but due to lack of care and being stolen 4 times looks pretty bad body wise. Runs great with surprising power, body work is very sad. Looks like they held a square dance on the hood. Body parts seem to be non existing, looking for a hood that won't cost the national debit as I am a senior with limited income. Any help would be appreciated.
Transportation worker for Link Light Rail. Given the onerous task of managing our new RTX 1140 with V5060 work blade.
I have a svl95-2s STANDARD FLOW that is how it came from Kubota and when I look up the serial number it confirms the machine does not have high flow. * How do I make it a high flow? What parts could I add or change? Maybe it’s just programming?