New profile posts

Yea, I know how it is when the boat has to labor to get on plane. My first boat would easily get overloaded and I had to assign seats too. We had a blast on it but it was a bowrider so the wind either made your day or froze you to death. I like riding out of the wind. This isn't a serious speed boat because the hull is 24° deadrise monohull which carves a pretty deep trough in the water but it rides like it is on rails. Smooth and strong. If I had some steps and pads this thing would fly but that is not my focus right now.
You are right, a 502 would pull a 22 foot boot like a rocket. But I am an idiot, I don't have a 502 I have a 5.0. I must have been tired when I typed that, sorry for the confusion. I'll have to get back to you on the gear ratio, that I don't remember. I have some pictures of the boat on one of my external hard drives, I'll find them. I could go outside and take a picture but I don't want to take the cover off :)

I have always liked the cuddies because there is a place to sleep and hide when the weather turns nasty. My buddy has a open bow, I hate it. When ever I go out in his boat I freeze my ass off and there is no where to get shelter.
I think that dude coulda stayed on there as long as he wanted. That chick aint got the energy to open a twinky!
What drive and gear ratio does your boat have. I would think that a 502 in a 22 foot boat would climb up out of the water pretty good. I like cuddies. Both my Formula's are cuddies. More than speed I like a stable ride so the big power gives me control over the water on bad days while everyone else suffers in the slop.
Dang, you are a speed freak! I've seen boats like yours go by me on the river. It's real embarrassing. I have a 1988 22 foot cuddy with a GMC 502 stern drive. It does pretty good but sometimes I can't have all the big people in the back or else I can't get on plain. It gets kinda awkward when the heavies get in and I start assigning seats :)
Thanks traildust. I should have it back together this year if I don't take a different route. What I really want to do is build a 542cid 825HP stroker for it. After I sell my 242SS Formula I will know what to do. I also got interested in a 312 Fastec Formula with twins. They call my disease twofootitis LOL just keep moving up in boat size two foot at a time. LOL
Well the only way to tell which probe they use is by the taste LOL! Sorry to hear your going threw such a rough time dude. Hope ya get to feeling better soon. Tell them damn doc's to stop making a pin cushion outta your ass!
Oh, damn bro! I don't handle this kinda stuff very well. I don't know what to say or do :(

I sincerely wish and hope for you the best and most healthy life.

By the way. I hope there not using the same probe on both ends :eek:
I'm still kicking. I have two project launches going on at the same time at work, plus there is a pretty good chance I have abdominal cancer and I am being poked and prodded all the damn time now. Plus they keep sending these damn "probes" :eek: up my arse and down my throat which makes me get really sick :mad:
Hi Vic,
Sorry to get back to you so late. I just didnt know how to navigate around the forum, and only just found your reply by chance. Thanks for caring to reply. Do you have any pics for a "bed shaper" by the way. My e-mail address is;
<conniferns@gmail.com>
I bought ne 16.5 rims and installed tire from a Skid Steer 10-16.5. If you don't want to do all that look at some light truck tires with aggressive tread to your liking in a 16". couple hundred a piece but new skid tires and rims will run 80 a piece for rims and 65 to 150 a piece for tires