New profile posts

Hey Vic. I am looking for a fuel filter bowl (glass reservoir thing) for a b 6000. I am not sure if this is the place to ask or not so let me know other wise. Email is katjaywalker@aol.com thanks
I would think that the magnetic heater should do fine as long as the tractor is in a enclosed area. I would still pop the question over to Vic as he has more experience on the cold weather maintenance of tractors then I do down her in Western Washington. The coldest weather I had to start my L1801 was -5 Celsius after a heavy snow fall 3 years ago and what I did was glow plug the engine for a couple minutes then pulled out the decompression knob and got the engine to spin up until the oil light went out and then pushed in the knob and it still took a couple of cycles of glowing the engine and pulling out the decompression knob and it started and I let it sit and smoke out the garage, Have the door open when you do it.

You should be getting the manual any day now....
Thanks very much for the manual, I look forward to it.
Up to this point all fluids have been changed.
Fuel, air, and oil filter.
Cleaned hydraulic suction filter.
Greased 3 times in 30 hours.
I should test the battery and charging system.
It will be cold here and I want to be ready.
I'm in the middle of insulating my garage. Once done I will refurbish my 50 inch mowing deck.
Need to wash and wax both tractor and snow blower.
Thanks again for the manual and advise.
I don't blame her for wanting to play with the squirrel, but people think I'm a little off for saving the skins.

Beware of the Squirrel Militia, I believe they are organizing :eek:
I'm looking at a 1997 B2000 with belly mower & loader. Does anyone know if there any problems with this model? I just sold my B7100D (1981 Model.)
I did!!! My little daughter wanted to play with one after I shot it. I was humoured by her curiosity.
Your varmit pic looks like he would shoot back. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Hi Vic. Sorry but have never asked for parts from you before. I would appreciate a quote on these items to do both sides please. I have only been able to find the steel lipped seals here in oz not bearings or bushes.

Regards
Doug
PS. Found 25x42x11 thrust bearings (generic) but they the loose 3 piece and have no outer sleeve to keep all together.
OK the owner's manual is from a L-185 and I did get it in the mail today. It went by the slow boat to China method and should be at your place in 5-7 days. This manual looks like a photo copy but this is what the dealer sold me 5-6 years ago. It at least hits on all the controls but some of the pictures are to say the least kind off sad. Some of translations are of some one with limited language skills in English and at times it makes you think of what they actually mean. To me the manual maybe something that a Japanese car company would use in its meanings from the late 1970's and that is the time frame when this manual was written.
Hi Vic. Sorry but have never asked for parts from you before. I would appreciate a quote on these items to do both sides please. I have only been able to find the steel lipped seals here in oz not bearings or bushes.

Regards
Doug
PS. Found 25x42x11 thrust bearings (generic) but they the loose 3 piece and have no outer sleeve to keep all together.
Vic gave a great idea on the muffler. I have been really busy with work but I am taking the day off today to run errands and I need to stop at the post office and mail a letter to my grand daughter who is in the Philippines. I will also mail the owner's manual I have to you today.
I am not able to accept your friend request via my black berry, I will have to log on at work.
I am going to buy a standard automotive muffler instead of the Kubota. Find something with similar HP.
Will advise.
I'm not doing too bad, just been very busy with work. Though that is a good thing but I'm finding almost no time for "me" time. Hope all is going well with you and that you were able to get the boat out a few times during the summer. I wasn't so lucky, mines still in winter mode and never go to take her out....bummer indeed!
That's the advise I was looking for.
Should I lean rowards a muffler with close to the same HP?
Thanks vic
That's about what I paid for mine. $166 U.S. for mine 5 years ago. I think that you can flip the exhaust under your tractor by turning the exhaust manifold over but the reason I never did was I was mowing a pasture on my property that would get really dried out in the summer and having the stack prevented the exhaust making contact with the grass and starting a fire.

I am not sure about the exhaust manifold but the dealer should have the exhaust manifold for a North American model if you want to do that way. Check online for the muffler for your tractor it might be cheaper. If you do go with online be sure to get the exhaust pipe after the muffler.