New profile posts

Well It is nice to hear from you again. Sorry that I diod not respond faster but I had family visiting from Iowa, the only time of the year that my younger brother takes time off is the winter as he is a farmer and it is the quiet time for him. It just looks a bit strange for he walks around here out side in shirt sleeves during the day as the temperature is around 50 degrees and is "warm" for him.

Anything that works for tire chains is great and if it works for you it is all that counts. A hint on the decompression lever is what I used to do and that is to use a product call PBBlaster it is a spray that is available in parts stores and it works great also to free stuck bolts and nuts. A short spray with on the lever and then normal oiling will keep the lever free. IN the winter I used to use it once a month and I never had the lever stick again after I got mine freed up.
Its been a learning experience. I've got the hang of it now.
I'm able to use the bucket to push the machine backwards when it gets stuck.
Cleaned the driveway out real good over the weekend.

I tried using the decompression lever.
It got stuck pulling it out, jammed trying to put it in.
I forced it back in and the valves stayed open.
I removed the rocker valve cover for inspection.
All looked fine so I replaced it.
I repositioned the lever cable and compression was back, fired it up and all was well.
I will oil the lever as I would like to be able to use the decomp lever.
Been cold enough to warrant its use.

Happy New Year Michael
Thought I drop you a line, update you on the progress as of late.

I bought tire chains off kijiji. $50. They came off a semi truck. They are referred to as dual ladder.
1 set covers 2 tires.
I removed the rungs from 1 side and moved them over to the other side.
This gave me twice as many rungs on each set.

I tried putting them on the rice tires, not a chance.
They ride between the lugs of the tires rendering them useless.

I bought a set of tires/rims from a wrecker, $50.
I had fabricated 2 steel plates with a 4.2d inch center circle. This is what the axel rides on.
My Dad sourced a biz to make the parts, $125.
Yeah well that was each, cost me twice as much in the end.
Parts were welded on to the new rim, drilled new holes in the proper pattern.
Done deal.

Added the chains and now I'm set for moving snow!
I have a 60" 3 blade finish mower. It seems to mow the lawn in one pass with no slow down of engine.
Hi Service Department VIc-
Thanks for moderating this forum. This is a great service and the videos are very useful. Keep up the good work.
I have a parts compatability question. I have a B6100. good machine, but missing the 3-point. Can the 3-point hitch assembly (lower bracket, upper bracket, the works..) from a BX23 be used on a a B6100? Also, which models have parts that are interchangeable? B6100 & B7100, Any others? thanks so much. David in Alaska
Today 08:49 AMwoopi
Hi I have a 1501 Kubota and the 3 point linkage is not working, the hydraulics for the bucket works fine.
It feels like the lever is not engaging or maybe siezed. I'm a bit of novice and some advice would be good.
Cheers.
Hi I have a 1501 Kubota and the 3 point linkage is not working, the hydraulics for the bucket works fine.
It feels like the lever is not engaging or maybe siezed. I'm a bit of novice and some advice would be good.
Cheers.
G'day, I have a great little B7000, however the front right hand side 4wd small cog has stripped and the larger cog is worn. I was wondering if anyone could help with the part numbers. I've just purchased a manual but this will take some time to arrive.
Cheers from Australia
Ross
Thanks for the response, Vic
I watched your video on steering rebuild for L series
and completed my repairs recently. Parts were a little hard to find
mostly because my parts book was so old. I went back to your video and used your part numbers, Thanks again Martin
I'm doing fine. Well, I'm still kicking. Thought I'd drop in and see how y'all are doing. I see allot of new names in here, and some old ones.
Swiss Cheese! Whats up buddy, how them holes in ya healing? Good to hear from ya! I'm doing alright I reckon, just kicking and screaming, thats about all I can do!!
Vic,
Got on the list last fall for b7200 steering shaft. Haven't heard anything, did I miss them?

Jerry Guy
I love it when things fix themselves. I haven't found out why it was not shutting off but I have used it many times and it shuts off using the key I think some wires might have been wet from all the snow.
I'm just an old retired Army guy
My neighbors call me the Kubota Man because they love to see me come to the rescue for digging or snow removel with my big beautiful orange Kubota tractor aka BX 24 :)