ZB7001 Lifting Arms Stuck Up

Speleobob

Equipment
zb7001
Sep 12, 2023
Australia
Well, I'm stuck. Today I drained and refilled the transmissions fluid, cleaned the filter which as almost totally gunked up, filled with Kubota UDT, checked the level was good and took the ZB for a short drive before lifting the arms up high. Now they dont go back down. Everything worked fine before I changed the fluid. The contol arm has not been touched during the fluid change. Any ideas?
Thanks all.

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
Is it possible that the drop control knob under the seat got turned closed?
That would be the simplest fix.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Make sure that the control lever is actually moving the rod into the tractor. Maybe a roll pin sheared?

Speleobob

Equipment
zb7001
Sep 12, 2023
Australia
Make sure that the control lever is actually moving the rod into the tractor. Maybe a roll pin sheared?
Hi Russell. Thanks. The control arm is moving into the three positions (raise,neutral, and lower) freely and the stops are engaging correctly. The stops were not adjusted when I did the fluid change. Kubota UDT oil is a lot thinner than the old oil I removed and I wonder if that's causing an issue. I may drain it all out again and see if the arms drop back down and then refill again.

Speleobob

Equipment
zb7001
Sep 12, 2023
Australia
Is it possible that the drop control knob under the seat got turned closed?
That would be the simplest fix.
Hi Pawnee. Thanks, Ive checked and my model ZB7001 doesnt have a control knob under the seat that can be closed. But thank you for the suggestion. Im going to drain the fluid and re-fill to see what happens.