Haven't touched it yet - If I'm opening it up, I'm replacing all - So, I'm going to make a pick list beforehand.I can't say for certain what is going wrong, but something is going wrong.
That looks pretty "jacked up" to me.
I hope you caught whatever is going wrong before it becomes too costly.
Thanks - Yea, for the life of me I cant remember how it sat with the seal. There is no play, and works as it should.get the WSM or at least real good drawings of PTO shaft ,what's inside and how it's put together
hard to tell if PTO shaft has moved back or just the seal's outer cover came off
for some seals, you use a simple 'puller' from the outside, 10 minute job.
just be sure to clean and inspect where the seal 'rides' for wear(groove).
maybe the experts can post WSM pages or/and drawings
Cool - I'll head to the Parts House - get a look at the seal to get a better Idea ( I always order in 2's with a consumable) Yea - draining wont be an issue - there is barely anything left - Thanks for the repplies and help.GREAT no 'in -out play' is nice to hear ! I suspect it's just the seal cover,so hopefully a simple job.
I'd order TWO seals though. better to have the spare, on the shelf collecting dust than 'oopsy-sneezed-bent new seal-need another -sorry 4 day delivery'.......
probably need to drain a fair amount of oil BEFORE pulling that seal ??
Does your yoke stick out that far? The the seal have a "lip" that covers the excess of the yoke?Hello - I have a M6800 too. You probably know there are 4 drain plugs for the hydraulic system. I now think I missed one last summer - the smaller one in the center of the bracket that supports a fuel tank. And I don't think it's the lowest point but it did have gunk come out last month when I had issues in freezing temperatures.
Thinking back I can't be sure - I need to start writing stuff down and taking more photos.
Good Deal - Thanks.If I were to venture a guess (and I will!) It appears that there should be a 'cover' bolted on. The clip on the PTO shaft would be removed, the cover, with the seal installed and bolted on and the PTO clip reinstalled. The clip probably protects the seal from someone too progressively attaching and implement.
I doubt the bearing has moved out of position and I suspect the cover has been gone a long, long time, leaking fluid and fortunately, flushing away debris.
Though I could be wrong... again.
Look at this:
![]()
Kubota M6800DT/M6800SDT (Dual traction 4wd / Rops) Parts Diagrams
Kubota Parts Catalog Lookup. Buy Kubota Parts Online & Save!www.messicks.com
I won't be home for 3 days to take a photo. My PTO shield covers a lot from the top looking down so I really have to get down without an implement hooked to it to see.Does your yoke stick out that far? The the seal have a "lip" that covers the excess of the yoke?
Makes sense. ThanksLooking at the diagram a bit more, it looks like the #90 bearing is mounted on the rear side of the flange on the shaft, which means the shaft could not move rearward even if it wanted to. So the seal has probably wiggled out.
I would still get a wsm.