Wrong filter..

jay2

Jun 30, 2015
kington, ohio
Sent my wife to pick up a filter. She took in the part number, the receipt had the correct part number. They gave her the wrong one...She said they were too busy walking around with their hands in their pockets talking about what to do after work since the sun was out. I called and received no apology. I know were all human but wrong parts cost me a trip back to town and time...I should have asked who is staying over since they closed in 10 minutes, while I drive to town to swap for the correct one.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Been there done that. On both sides of the counter. When i was in parts, i made mistakes, but did my best to satisfy customer.delivered correct part. Sold a battery, i didnt test it and it went for a 40 minute ride to find out it was a dud. Loaded a tested battery and delivered it. Tested every battery since.

In business for myself now, get my share of wrong/faulty parts. I dont go off deep end anymore, not worth the stress. Yes i lose money due to errors, but it happens.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
In my opinion the best parts people are women. They tend to work harder to get things right. They focus on what they are doing. They seem to be under close scrutiny to see if they screw up, so this drives them to be better. (I don't see them standing around BSing about what's going on after work)

When I go into an auto parts store, and have a choice, I will ask the female for the item I'm looking for.

When I send my wife to pick up a part I always call the store first. See if they have it, if so have them confirm it is in the store, then have them set it on the counter with my name and let them know it will be picked up within a certain time.

SDMauler

Equipment
2009 BX2360TV60, RCK60B-23BX
Aug 8, 2014
Parker, SD
In my opinion the best parts people are women. They tend to work harder to get things right. They focus on what they are doing. They seem to be under close scrutiny to see if they screw up, so this drives them to be better. (I don't see them standing around BSing about what's going on after work)

When I go into an auto parts store, and have a choice, I will ask the female for the item I'm looking for.

When I send my wife to pick up a part I always call the store first. See if they have it, if so have them confirm it is in the store, then have them set it on the counter with my name and let them know it will be picked up within a certain time.
I concur. They seem to have better concentration skills, especially on repetitive tasks. I've toured several electronics assembly plants, and was told that they always hire women to build the complex wire looms because they were naturally better at it than men.