Woods RM990 drive belt

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
My 90-inch Woods RM990 rear finish mowers use a banded double v-belt 169" outside length with two 21/32" v-beads. The belt eventually wears out and slips. I used to buy the replacement Woods part 18990 but switched to PIX, offering the same part number at a better price. Recently I noticed these people have the sharpest pencil yet. It looks identical to others I have- we''ll see how it holds up.

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I had a bad experience with D & D belts off eBay.com. I was attracted by the low price compared to other brands.

The key to any mower deck belt durability is the cord material.

By industry standards, the letter P designates a Kevlar reinforced belt.

I ordered this belt thinking, since it had the letter P in the advertising, it would be a Kevlar belt. When it arrived the letters on the belt were B160 instead of BP160.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/D-D-PowerD...002823?hash=item1a26acb687:g:jqcAAOSwpvZaFRZF

I complained, they sent the correct belt. The next time I ordered and got the same non Kevlar belt.

Now I knew why their price was so low!

Now I stick with Carlisle or Gates or other known names and have always got the P I paid for.

I tried the non P D & D belt. It did not last one cut before it just broke.

Dave

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Dave - The belt for the RM990 is a 2-band double belt - not a single like you describe. What type of deck are you running yours on? How much power?

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Dave - The belt for the RM990 is a 2-band double belt - not a single like you describe. What type of deck are you running yours on? How much power?
I realize you have a banded belt. I am just suggesting caution since you are considering D & D.

I have a 72" Landpride powered by a M7040 with 60+ pto horsepower. The belt is a B section.

Check out other manufacturers banded belts as Kevlar ones are available.

https://ca-vbeltguys.glopalstore.co..._medium=wi_proxy&utm_content=en_US&utm_term=a

In my experience, non Kevlar banded belts are used in industrial applications like driving a fan where the loads are constant with no shocks.

Dave