Woods (Gill) HBL72-2 rear blade

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Scored this beast of a blade today off Craigslist for less than a 1/3 of what they sell for new. Only obstacle is i do not have a rear remote to run the offset cylinder, so i'll be looking for a mechanical/manual one. If anyone owns the same blade and would like to trade straight across, your manual, for my hydraulic, PM me.

Attachments

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
Scored this beast of a blade today off Craigslist for less than a 1/3 of what they sell for new. Only obstacle is i do not have a rear remote to run the offset cylinder, so i'll be looking for a mechanical/manual one. If anyone owns the same blade and would like to trade straight across, your manual, for my hydraulic, PM me.
Would it be possible to just go locally and purchase 2 extra long hydraulic hoses and plug in to your FEL from your tilt side so you still have up and down function for the bucket. Then you could control your rear blade?

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
If there is a chance you'd like to use the blade/cyl. on a different tractor in the future you could use something like this for now.

https://www.sloanex.com/bmcoi557su-...MI0auLgvmD3wIVUrjACh0evAPtEAQYBCABEgKSv_D_BwE

Yep that has been on my radar. My local Farm And Fleet has them for $40. I'm waiting for a gentleman to get back to me with a couple measurements to see if its gonna work.
I called Woods today and of course this model has been discontinued for a year or two now, and the manual adjuster is not available anymore. So it's either trade, build my own or give that ratchet a try.

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Would it be possible to just go locally and purchase 2 extra long hydraulic hoses and plug in to your FEL from your tilt side so you still have up and down function for the bucket. Then you could control your rear blade?
I believe that's possible but I don't really want to lose any loader functions. This is primarily going to be used for snow and I use the loader to push the piles back.
I wish it were easier to add a rear remote but my 870, is just like my b8200 in that it uses banjo fittings on the hydraulics.