Wiring Lights on ROPS

cmoan

Equipment
BX25
Feb 28, 2011
Coventry,RI
I am putting a light bar on the ROPS on my BX25. I used what i thought was the lights pigtail under the seat. I don't know if i got misinformation or if there is another step in making that pigtail work. i have checked fuses and looked for something left unplugged, but no luck still no power at pigtail. Has anyone done this? Any thoughts?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Cant help you there ,, but what I did was come off the battery through an in line 15 fuse to the switch to a selnoid then to the light bar Im only running 2 55wat lamps so its not a major draw,, but it sure makes a difference

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I ran my aux light wire from the back of the fuse block , I found one thats only hot while the key is on that way the grandkids dont run the battery down while playing on the tractor Front and back lights on seperate switches and fused both .

Attachments

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
On my L3800 there is a plugin in the left rear wheel well that I pluged into. Just picked up a connector from the dealer and wired it in. Only works when the key is on.

Happytule

Equipment
BX23
Mar 2, 2013
inSane Diego
It's been a few years, but I plugged my lights into the pigtail under the seat and they worked from the get go.

The downside is that is your on/off switch, but how often are you really working in the dark (haha, most of the time in my case)?

I only have two lights, with magnetic bases that are pretty strong, but not strong enough to keep the lights from popping off the ROPS and hitting me in the head, so I also have bungee cords.

I'm seriously lusting after bcbull378's light bar. Hmmm, he's only a few hours north of me, I wonder if he locks his tractor up at night?

Or...you could tell me where bought that beautiful thing. Or did you make it?

I want one!

Best,

Chris

dhanames

Equipment
2012 BX25
Oct 5, 2012
Torbay, Newfoundland, Canada
The pigtail should work fine and is powered with the key on. Lights mounted on the ROPS really make a huge difference and it is well worth the time spent installing them.

cmoan

Equipment
BX25
Feb 28, 2011
Coventry,RI
The pigtail should work fine and is powered with the key on. Lights mounted on the ROPS really make a huge difference and it is well worth the time spent installing them.
Thats the one Im trying to use but there is no power there. It must be shorted or disconnected. Maybe I'll try to get schematic and chase it down. Now I know that it should be working. Frustrating but a worthwhile endeavor . Thanks