Wiring Harness

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
I'm probably going to wear everyone out on here--this Kubota L3001 tractor that we have was given to us because our neighbor had loaned it out to a meth-head. Well, needless to say, the meth-head needed to "fix" it so when our neighbor got it back it was a pile of junk. No radiator, almost all wiring had been stripped out, no water pump, no fan--a car tire instead of a tractor tire--you get the picture. Anyway, we got it put back together and running, but there is no key because the wiring is basically gone. What we need is a wiring schematic for the ignition switch. Does anyone have any idea where we could find something along these lines? Because this tractor is Gray Market, we have found that the manuals may or may not apply--so, if anyone out there knows where we could find a map to get this thing back together as far as the wiring goes, please point us in that direction. My husband and his friends and neighbors have managed to pool resources and the tractor is running. It is a challenge, but so far, a worthwhile accomplishment. :)

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
dru, you done good so far.

I think that the L3001 has a Kubota V1501 engine. If you can find a plate to verify that, it will narrow down the books for a comparable US version.

By the way, when you order parts from the dealer, do not say it is for a L3001. Dealers are not supposed to support gray machines.

In order to get close to a schematic I would like for you to describe one more item. Saw your response on the engine oil filter location. Now... does your machine have a spin-on filter under the frame for a hydraulic filter? Or is there a filter on the side that has a tube going into the top and a tube going out the side. This would be a filter shell containing a spring and washable filter.

Pictures worth a thousand words.

Also a picture of the control panel would tell us what components need to be on the schematic.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
There several sources for used parts too, including members on here. Pics of the tractor and components would help in identifying them too.

I had to rewire my L245DT. I don't know if it is anything like your model, but it wasn't that hard, and my L225 had very similar wiring too, and the same ignition switch. If you can identify a comparable model, check kubotabooks.com for manuals, etc that can provide the wiring diagrams/schematics etc.

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
There several sources for used parts too, including members on here. Pics of the tractor and components would help in identifying them too.

I had to rewire my L245DT. I don't know if it is anything like your model, but it wasn't that hard, and my L225 had very similar wiring too, and the same ignition switch. If you can identify a comparable model, check kubotabooks.com for manuals, etc that can provide the wiring diagrams/schematics etc.
Thanks, will do!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The wiring on that model will be very simple, Glow plug circuit, start circuit that may include a clutch switch as a safety , dynamo and rectifier for charging, and lights.
It doesn't have a stop solenoid, so manually shutting it off is always the case here.

Probably the closest your going to get is a L345, and even with that it won't be the exact same, never is.

You can get the WSM (Work Shop Manual) on Kubotabooks.com under tractors owners manuals.

L185_l235_l245_l275_l285_l295_l305_l345_l355 shop manual.pdf

If you can get pictures of the dash, I can fine tune info.
Other info would be:
How many wires come off the dynamo (2 or 3)
Look presence or lack of a clutch switch, it will be on the clutch housing, could be on the right or left side
Also the presence or lack of a fuse block, usually right on the dash with older models, sometimes under a cover.

And hey at least you only got a tractor that was a meth heads handy work, I bought a house, land, assorted vehicles, equipment, trailers, and tons of trash, all a meth heads play park!

Last edited:

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
On my L225 the fuse box was so damaged and corroded up had to replace every thing with inline fuses. It will be a simple layout, so you can fix and replace pretty quickly. For some stuff I just used a roll of trailer wiring - you have four wires to work with to run as needed.

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
The wiring on that model will be very simple, Glow plug circuit, start circuit that may include a clutch switch as a safety , dynamo and rectifier for charging, and lights.
It doesn't have a stop solenoid, so manually shutting it off is always the case here.

Probably the closest your going to get is a L345, and even with that it won't be the exact same, never is.

You can get the WSM (Work Shop Manual) on Kubotabooks.com under tractors owners manuals.

L185_l235_l245_l275_l285_l295_l305_l345_l355 shop manual.pdf

If you can get pictures of the dash, I can fine tune info.
Other info would be:
How many wires come off the dynamo (2 or 3)
Look presence or lack of a clutch switch, it will be on the clutch housing, could be on the right or left side
Also the presence or lack of a fuse block, usually right on the dash with older models, sometimes under a cover.

And hey at least you only got a tractor that was a meth heads handy work, I bought a house, land, assorted vehicles, equipment, trailers, and tons of trash, all a meth heads play park!
LOL!

I'm trying to figure out how to put the picture in--

Last edited:

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
On my L225 the fuse box was so damaged and corroded up had to replace every thing with inline fuses. It will be a simple layout, so you can fix and replace pretty quickly. For some stuff I just used a roll of trailer wiring - you have four wires to work with to run as needed.
Thank you for the info. I will have my husband read your post and maybe--just maybe--he can figure it out.

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
dru, you done good so far.

I think that the L3001 has a Kubota V1501 engine. If you can find a plate to verify that, it will narrow down the books for a comparable US version.

By the way, when you order parts from the dealer, do not say it is for a L3001. Dealers are not supposed to support gray machines.

In order to get close to a schematic I would like for you to describe one more item. Saw your response on the engine oil filter location. Now... does your machine have a spin-on filter under the frame for a hydraulic filter? Or is there a filter on the side that has a tube going into the top and a tube going out the side. This would be a filter shell containing a spring and washable filter.

Pictures worth a thousand words.

Also a picture of the control panel would tell us what components need to be on the schematic.
Here we go with trying to get a picture in--

Attachments

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
A picture of the other side of the dash of the tractor is on page two of these posts--
Any and all information is so helpful and we very much appreciate all the input--this is somewhat of an adventure for us and because we are both retired, we are doing it on a shoestring budget--LOL

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Pictures really help!

I'm going to go with Wolfman and say that your machine looks close to an L345.

He mentioned the kubotabooks.com website with the workshop manual that you can download in pdf format. I'm also suggesting that you download the file L305_L345_L355SS owners manual.pdf.

The owners manual has a schematic on page 58 which is more legible than the one in the WSM. It looks that if you need an electrical part then looking up the equivalent L345 part should work for you. And you can look up L345 parts on line.

The Kubota schematics show metric wire gauges. Just find a chart on the internet between metric and AWG and you will know what size gauge to buy at an auto store.

One other important detail - do not use electrical connectors from big box stores. They will not hold up on your tractor. Go to one of the marine shops for marine grade connectors or get them from Amazon.

And yes, it is a small world. My wife was an extra in the movie with Ben Johnson about the murders in Texarkana.

Last fun fact: El Paso TX is closer to Los Angeles CA than it is to Nash TX.

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
Thanks, Jim. With all the information I am getting from you and others on this site, it is like walking out of the darkness and into the light--Lol.

It is really nice to know that there are parts out there that will work on this tractor because before now, it has all been a mystery. I can't count the number of times we have returned things to the Kubota dealerships in this area because the part didn't fit--even after the salesmen said they would!

Thanks, again!