Will a BX move a 6000 lb camper around the yard?

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
I'd use the truck. You have mirrors and should be able to put it just about anywhere you can with the tractor. It might take a few minutes longer, but it won't leave you with the possibility of damaged goods..either you, tractor, or camper. my camper is a 32' overall, and 7,500 gross. I understand the desire to move it around with the tractor. I've have the same thoughts with my BX.

If you decide to try it, make sure you have your break away line at the ready to pull to stop the trailer.

Last edited:

jay2

Jun 30, 2015
kington, ohio
Using the truck, I would have to drive past my house, then cut the wheel to back and turn into my yard, then pull forward to straighten out before backing thru gate. The length of the truck and camper combined will probably have me noseing into the neighbors yard across the street. It is already close when I back my 16' utility trailer in. I was thinking the BX would take a lot of the length away and then not have to drive in neighbors newly planted yard. Then use my wife and son to watch each side of gate as I backed in. No room to pull thru and turn around, fenced yard, garden, shed, and pool all in the way.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Jay not be a smart arse here, but have you considered maybe finding a storage place close by where you dont have to worry about all of the above. I know having it in the yard makes things great when you want to do something, however as congested as you are it might be something to think about

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
What Skeets said x2. If my neighbor drove on my grass I would get upset enough to cause a scene.