Wicked Ride, Tough Restore

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
I took a ride Sunday and in downtown Priest River, Id. I came across this beauty and thought I would snap a few and share. No power steering and a half cord of wood to shove snow. oops no blade!

Attachments

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Hey, I'm not far from you. I'm in Deer Park, just down a ways after you cross the state line.

Think a little oil would do the trick in loosening up those gears?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Hey, I'm not far from you. I'm in Deer Park, just down a ways after you cross the state line.
I am one bump over from the Pend Oreille river. Still have a bunch of snow but is leaving pretty fast. How about you...Deer Park can be a snow belt. Mostly gone heading south on Hi-way 2 about Elk. Perhaps an early spring.

Last edited by a moderator:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
That's just ridiculous. No safety covers on the gears or flywheel, and I bet it stays running when you get off of the seat. What's the world coming to?!
:D

Thanks for sharing- that is awesome, and it looks like it is still worthy of restoring.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would love to see that steam engine purr! Betcha that machine didnt move fast, but had a huge amount of torque! Nice picture!

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Pendoreille, it's the fastest that I've seen snow melt off. We're in the snow belt and there's still some spots of snow on my property. Definitely going to be an early spring, which is good so I can get started with storm cleanup around the back end of the property with my new grapple.

Yeah, it'd be a sight to see old machines. I always enjoy seeing the old farm implements at the Spokane county fair and have a deep appreciation for the men who built them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You all are lucky, I've still got a foot or more in the yard, but I do have a snow/ice free driveway finally, and just a little mud to clear up.
That's the first time that's happened this early since I moved in here. ;)

It's looking like we are going to be in the mid 50's next week, :eek: that's so odd for this time of year, but I'm not complaining! :D

Last edited:

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
I have a friend/hero that lives in Elk, WA.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/17549
Way cool...I have run into him some where. now where? Faces in the crowd.
Not anything to do with bots. Small community here. Damn you lilfoot, this will drive me nuts or nuts-er. Thanks for the link, may use it come spring on some of my explorations.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
I would love to see that steam engine purr! Betcha that machine didnt move fast, but had a huge amount of torque! Nice picture!
My guess is they walked it to a field and parked it then belt to thrashing machine. I may go back and snoop about. Try to get some history. It is a beauty! Maybe something in the mill.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
You all are lucky, I've still got a foot or more in the yard, but I do have a snow/ice free driveway finally, and just a little mud to clear up.
That's the first time that's happened this early since I moved in here. ;)

It's looking like we are going to be in the mid 50's next week, :eek: that's so odd for this time of year, but I'm not complaining! :D
Same here, maybe two feet. Six foot berms surrounding drive. I have been punching holes in them and moving them to the county ditch. Bucket by bucket, oh what fun. Gets me outside and keeps me grinning. Can't let that hour meter lay idle.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Just down the road a little from you guys, all the trails are melted, and my lawn is about half green already. I took off my snow blade and put the FEL and Hoe back on. Looks like an early spring for sure.
There's nothing like a running Steam engine. extremely cool. Probably the ultimate in torque. I've seen steam rigs pull a ridiculous weight of logs out of the woods.