Why are Kioti tractors so much cheaper ... and only six weeks out?

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
Hey dirtydeed, I like that control knob as well. Do you know if it would fit on my BX2370 Kubota ?
Do you have the part number and supplier you got it from ?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Kioti also makes at least some Bobcat tractors.

I have no familiarity with either, but have heard of parts availability issues for some time.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Hey dirtydeed, I like that control knob as well. Do you know if it would fit on my BX2370 Kubota ?
Do you have the part number and supplier you got it from ?
I got it from ebay. another forum member here added one and I liked it...so I did the same. Just measure the diameter of your loader stick. If its close to 13mm (1/2") in diameter, you should be good to go. You will likely have to ream out the knob slightly (I think they are 12 mm).

here's the seller that had them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/174486673169

Note, I believe there was another member here that didn't have such good luck with the seller. Mine was fine. The glue incident that I caused, was not.

Just don't do what I did...https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/what-did-you-do-to-or-on-your-kubota-today.6326/page-464#post-470074

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
I started with a broad search.

i lined out JD for philosophical reasons.

Kioti came off the list early due to there only being one dealer within 2 hours of my place. I know the man who owns the dealership, he’s a good man, and I might have bought from him had he been closer.

RK, Yanmar, etc. all presented similar or worse logistics concerns.

That left Kubota, New Holland/Massey, and Mahindra.

The New Holland guys were engaged, but not particularly helpful to a new tractor buyer. The sales guy kept trying to push me either into a 40 HP tractor, because he had it, or waiting an indefinite period for a Massey. He couldn’t make a compelling case for either. Looking back, if I was an experienced buyer/operator perhaps they would have been OK.

Marinara was responsive, close by, and engaged but the closest dealer was also a trailer and used car dealer, and the shop was clearly a general shop, not a Mahindra shop.

I’d have been OK doing business with them, and their price was competitive. Their inventory was good, and there was a second dealer within range too.

My closet Kubota dealer stood head and shoulders above the others. They’ve been there since dirt was installed. They have a great facility, shop, parts department and reputation.

He laid out the tractors in his product line that fit my described usage, helped me pro and con within his line, but didn’t try to push me into a particular solution.

He recommended accessories when asked, was insightful, very professional, and helpful.

I’ve also got 3 Kubota dealers with an hour of my house.

Both Mahindra and Kubota wrote me offers, the Kubota was within $1K of the Mahindra.

The L2501 I bought is also the ideal compromise in size for my needs. The Mahindra was a little larger which might be nice outside, but would definitely be an issue in the barn.

Once I did my due diligence, Kubota was the obvious answer for me.

I know people who have Kioti, JD, Yanmar and Mahindra compact tractors.

With the exception of the later model JD tractors, they all think highly of them.

Perhaps my feed store owner and cattle farming friend gave me the best advice:

“I’ve never owned a tractor under 100 HP, but from what I see all those little tractors are pretty good. It’s hard to find a bad one.

If you don’t like it you’ll be able to get most of your money back out of it.

What color do you like? Make your choice based on the dealer and the deal.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

ManBitesDog

Equipment
Currently Shopping
Jul 8, 2021
SW Florida
From everything I've read and can gather, Mahindra USA has more than its fair share of problems.

Kubota is my first choice but I'm not married to any of them. I'm about as loyal to vehicle manufacturers as they are to me. I'm just keeping my eyes, and my options, open.

As an aside, the average Korean made more money than the average Japanese worker in 2019. Not sure what that means but I thought it was interesting

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks for all the feedback. I ended up putting a deposit down on an MX6000 cab model on Friday that should be here in about a month. I could have bought the RX for around the same cost but the MX does what I need and offers me some advantages over the RX. The positive experience I've had with the BX that I owned for five years and the MX that I've owned for five months has kept me in the Kubota family. Also, I'm very familiar with the local Kubota dealership and think of them as friends more than anything. They're less than 3 miles from my house so Kubota it is.

Reactions: 2 users

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
Here is my take on Compact Tractor Brands ;)

1625977623263.png

Reactions: 1 user

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
You missed Case/IH.

I don't think I've ever seen a Yanmar dealership anywhere in Ontario, I'd be hard pressed to give an OEM a gold star if you can't buy parts or service anywhere.
I view Case/IH as different color New Hollands. Yanmar has long been building great tractors - it's just that for years most years, they were painted green and yellow :)

Orange man

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 loader , woods prd6000 mower, Land pride RB 1672
Jul 23, 2014
WNY
I would not give yanmar a gold star either, The new one I had was a nightmare and the lack of dealerships and factory backing made it even worse.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Most folks I know here own Kubota. One buddy bought a koiti as he got more tractor fir his money. It is 2X larger than my BX25D. After 5 weeks of clearing brush and trees on his new property, he noticed the tractor sits funny. The frame is twisted! It’s been half a year, and his dealer still does not have a warranties new frame for him.
My neighbor had a TYM, he has had his for 7 years, but the frame actually broke. We’re talking the major portion of the frame, rendering it unusable. Had to chain on boards to drive it to the shop, then extensive work to weld it back together and plate it. He also ruined a hose. The TYM dealer wanted to send it back to Korea to get a replacement hose made. WTF?? The local Cat dealer made him a generic replacement.
I can go on line and order ANY part for my Kubota. All I’ve ever needed to order us maintenance supplies.

Reactions: 1 users