Where is F4 on speed change gear shift

rjonen

Equipment
L245DT
Feb 10, 2016
Olympia, WA
Working on a L245DT, putting the shifting levers back in.
Manual says to
Shift the main speed gear to F4 (F8)
I can't find F4 or (F8) anywhere in the manual.
This is I take it to get the main gears in correct place to put the shifting forks in.
My manual has this on page 163.
I think there is spot on property that is haunted, because this tractor has broken twice on this spot.
I broke a shifting fork and found the other 2 worn so I replaced all 3, now I just have to get the shifting forks back into place. Where is you-tube video when you need one.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure F4 is forward 4th gear (range selector in low) or F8 is forward 8th gear (same position as F4) range selector in high. See below from operators manual.

Attachments

Last edited:

rjonen

Equipment
L245DT
Feb 10, 2016
Olympia, WA
Well that worked fine, got it all back together, used hacksaw blades to hold the spring loaded stops in. It was outside but I had it covered with 2 tarps. But now the oil is foaming some. I did add a quart of oil. Does anyone have a idea what would make the oil foam, I don't think it was before. I think the oil is used every were, including the oil pump for the 3 point hitch, so I would want clean oil.
Thanks for the help.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well that worked fine, got it all back together, used hacksaw blades to hold the spring loaded stops in. It was outside but I had it covered with 2 tarps. But now the oil is foaming some. I did add a quart of oil. Does anyone have a idea what would make the oil foam, I don't think it was before. I think the oil is used every were, including the oil pump for the 3 point hitch, so I would want clean oil.
Thanks for the help.
The Hydraulic fluid is probably foaming because you have a leak on the suction side of the pump, usually at the hose section of the line or an o-ring.

What fluid are you using?

Look for wet/ weeping spots on the suction line.

The other possibility is the screen is plugged or you have water in the fluid.