Wheel spacers

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Hi. I am the proud owner of a new BX2370. I have question about anyone's experience with wheel spacers. I have some slopes on the property I keep mowed. The tractor feels a little tippy when doing so. I"m wondering if spacers will make much difference before I shell out $240.00 for the spacers and shipping. The tires are not loaded, should I try that first?

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I would do the 2" rear spacers first, they are worth it, just to keep the weight off the turf. You will feel the difference, but if not enough then fill the tires.

Bmbbm

Equipment
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Thanks for your quick reply. I was thinking spacers were the way to go but wanted the opinion of a seasoned user.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I have the same tractor with the BH - go with the spacers first. I also filled the rears for additional stability. The 2" Bro-Tek made a big difference, the fluid helps both stability & traction. Good luck with your tractor!

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Only the rears, I spoke to Bro-Tek and the told me the front wouldn't really help stability much. Nice to deal with honest vendors as they could have given me a sales pitch and got another couple hundred bucks. Both Bro-Tek and BXpanded are great to deal with and they know the product very well.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
We have to BXs, bought a set and my son parked it on a steep slope and easily lifted the uphill side pushing on the ROPS, installed spacers the put the tractor in the same spot MUCH better; ordered a second set for the other BX..

We used ours for years without them, but a bit spooky with FEL. We now have spacers and wheel weights. Depending on your use and slopes, I'd try the spacers first and see from there.

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Only the rears, I spoke to Bro-Tek and the told me the front wouldn't really help stability much. Nice to deal with honest vendors as they could have given me a sales pitch and got another couple hundred bucks. Both Bro-Tek and BXpanded are great to deal with and they know the product very well.
Yea front spacers really don't help thqt much because of the pivoting front axle. By the time the front axle pivots enough to hit the stop and the front spacers start to do their job it's already time for an underwear change:eek:

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
A lot of new owners are reluctant to remove the loader, but removing the loader will also improve stability for mowing. Weight on the fixed rear axle increases stability. Weight on the pivoting front axle reduces stability. Overhanging weight like the loader bucket increases the front axle load and reduces rear axle load.
If haven't removed the loader yet read the threads on relieving the pressure before disconnecting the hoses. Here is one of the threads:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25200

Bmbbm

Equipment
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Thanks Guys. I think I will try the bro-tec wheel spacers. And yes I do have fel off while mowing,the way the tractor feels on the slopes I probably would all ready be upside down.LOL. By the way I love this forum and really appreciate other owner adding their input. So far I love my BX also! :

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
I have relatively flat property except a long drainage swale along the front of the property that I mow. On my old Craftsman tractor I would sit, sorta side-saddle, half off the seat, while mowing this section - when I got the new BX I mowed a few times (it felt more stable than the old mower) but I went ahead and bought the 1.5" rear wheel spacers anyways.

Well, I can't really tell the difference with or without the spacers. Some "posters" said it was like night and day. Not for me. Maybe my slope is not steep enough to get the night and day difference feeling.

I don't regret buying the spacers, it adds an extra level of safety, regardless if I can feel it or not.

Just my experience. Good luck.