what size bush hog for Kubota b6200

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
The general rule of thumb is a foot of cutter per five horsepower of engine. However you need to consider the weight of the implement versus the weight of the tractor, too. The B series is a bit on the light size so you should go with the recommendations of SDT above.

Gordon60

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Jul 17, 2020
Dunnellon, Fl.
what size bush hog for Kubota B6200?
Thank you men I talked to local Kubota dealer he has 48 inch land pride and two 55 pounds nose weights he feels this should work I'm thinking its a little much . I do like the idea of 42 inches its only 15 HP Tractor with 12.5 HP at PTO I have two and they are in fine shape one is HST the other is a stick transmission and I was going to put the bush hog on that one since the automatic has a belly mower. this is primarily for a 5 acre field I have.

Reactions: 1 user

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Thank you men I talked to local Kubota dealer he has 48 inch land pride and two 55 pounds nose weights he feels this should work I'm thinking its a little much . I do like the idea of 42 inches its only 15 HP Tractor with 12.5 HP at PTO I have two and they are in fine shape one is HST the other is a stick transmission and I was going to put the bush hog on that one since the automatic has a belly mower. this is primarily for a 5 acre field I have.
I have an L1500 dt so I'm working the same hp as you. I think mine is heavier. I don't run weight on the front but I should. I can take the weight off of the tail wheel and pivot about either rear wheel effortlessly using the brakes. I think that weight will be mandatory for yours. If you don't have an over running clutch internal to your PTO I would install an external one. I ran mine without it once and it does push the tractor around a bit. Yours is lighter so it will be worse in that regard. 42 inches would be more manageable.