What have you done to your L2501's?

WoodyBlue

Equipment
L2501DT
Mar 18, 2017
Taylorsville, KY, USA
Newbie here and about to be a proud father of a bouncing baby Kubota L2501. Need Mod ideas.... Lets see the pics please and any explanations needed. Thanks!

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
Newbie here and about to be a proud father of a bouncing baby Kubota L2501. Need Mod ideas.... Lets see the pics please and any explanations needed. Thanks!
Ok..Dont know if you are interested, but these are a few mods I did to my L2501.

Photo 1: Is just a general overview of the tractor. I installed a new 17 inch LED light bar on the grill guard. There are 2- 12 inch LED Bars mounted to the ROPS along with a LED warning beacon.

Photo 2: Close up shot of the grill guard LED Bar.

Photo 3: Outdoor weatherproof PVC Junction Box that I routed all the wiring to. There is a cigarette lighter plug for the warning beacon, and 2 heavy duty weatherproof switches from NAPA. One switch controls the ROPS lights, and the other controls the grill guard LED bar. The box is fed with a 10 AWG main wire from the Battery, fuse protected right on the Battery.

Photo 4: Another view of the switch box with the NAPA weatherproof switches. The first install I did had the switches facing the seat, and it was a little inconvenient, so I re-did the thing to this orientation.

Photo 5: This is a 4 inch PVC Pipe, held in place on the loader mount with Cable Tray Brackets. No holes drilled to weaken the structure. It has a closed bottom cap, with a removable "screw on" cover at the top. I use this to store my chains. This little dandy cost me $9 to make, and gets used every day pretty much.

Photo 6: Chains in the PVC Tube.

Photo 7: I replaced the "Halogen" headlights with LED headlight bulbs purchased on Amazon. I searched long and hard to find these so I can save you some time with this link...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K1MJ2JW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are very bright as compared to the candles that came with the tractor as stock. Very white 6000k, exactly as the LED light bars are all as well. I have a lot of lighting because the tractor is used mostly at night anyway.

Hope this help you in whatever way. I got the PVC Chain tube idea on this site a while back, so I can't take credit for coming up with that. I have more stuff that I will be doing to the tractor, and will likely post on here when completed. There are a few other photos in the next post I am uploading.

Attachments

WoodyBlue

Equipment
L2501DT
Mar 18, 2017
Taylorsville, KY, USA
Ok..Dont know if you are interested, but these are a few mods I did to my L2501.

Photo 1: Is just a general overview of the tractor. I installed a new 17 inch LED light bar on the grill guard. There are 2- 12 inch LED Bars mounted to the ROPS along with a LED warning beacon.

Photo 2: Close up shot of the grill guard LED Bar.

Photo 3: Outdoor weatherproof PVC Junction Box that I routed all the wiring to. There is a cigarette lighter plug for the warning beacon, and 2 heavy duty weatherproof switches from NAPA. One switch controls the ROPS lights, and the other controls the grill guard LED bar. The box is fed with a 10 AWG main wire from the Battery, fuse protected right on the Battery.

Photo 4: Another view of the switch box with the NAPA weatherproof switches. The first install I did had the switches facing the seat, and it was a little inconvenient, so I re-did the thing to this orientation.

Photo 5: This is a 4 inch PVC Pipe, held in place on the loader mount with Cable Tray Brackets. No holes drilled to weaken the structure. It has a closed bottom cap, with a removable "screw on" cover at the top. I use this to store my chains. This little dandy cost me $9 to make, and gets used every day pretty much.

Photo 6: Chains in the PVC Tube.

Photo 7: I replaced the "Halogen" headlights with LED headlight bulbs purchased on Amazon. I searched long and hard to find these so I can save you some time with this link...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K1MJ2JW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are very bright as compared to the candles that came with the tractor as stock. Very white 6000k, exactly as the LED light bars are all as well. I have a lot of lighting because the tractor is used mostly at night anyway.

Hope this help you in whatever way. I got the PVC Chain tube idea on this site a while back, so I can't take credit for coming up with that. I have more stuff that I will be doing to the tractor, and will likely post on here when completed. There are a few other photos in the next post I am uploading.
I just want to know how you got the L2501 to ignore gravity? LOL, Cool looking mods

NF6X

Equipment
L3301HST w/ LA525 & BH77
Mar 19, 2017
Riverside, CA
www.nf6x.net
I choose to believe that your pictures are right side up, and that you modified your rig into a spider tractor. :D

Reactions: 1 user

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 20, 2017
I choose to believe that your pictures are right side up, and that you modified your rig into a spider tractor. :D

LOL!!! Yeah, I think what happened is my phone was upside down when I took them. I dont usually use the phone but an actual camera. My bad.

Tunaslayer

Equipment
L2501 TLB, Wheelhorse 417-8/414-8
The first mod to my tractor was to accidentally snap the hood ornament off when I was pickin it up at the dealer..(thought is was the same as the b2650) found out I had the 3 point Irons from a B series, and traded them in for ones from a grand L with the telescopic ends and stabilizers. I have scraped the heck out of the floor boards, and sharpened the edge on my bucket clearing my driveway..Does that count? There is a thread with a guy titled "L3800 Improvements". Lots of nice mods in there. If I could, I would do everything he has documented. Very nice additions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 20, 2017
Right side grab handle on the fender is a must, also the telescopic 3pt stabilizers are a really nice upgrade to have.
I did install the right side grab handle as well. Also the bucket level indicator from Kubota. I am thinking of purchasing the the stabilizers and the quick detach ends for the 3pt arms too.

NF6X

Equipment
L3301HST w/ LA525 & BH77
Mar 19, 2017
Riverside, CA
www.nf6x.net
traded them in for ones from a grand L with the telescopic ends and stabilizers
Do the telescopic lower link bars from the grand L fit on the other L series units? I'm getting my L3301HST this morning (woohoo!!), and I really wish the telescopic ends were offered as an option. I did buy the telescopic stabilizers, but I don't think those will be as much of an improvement as the telescopic link ends would be. If the grand L bars will fit on an L3301, then I'll look into how much they cost as repair parts.

Tunaslayer

Equipment
L2501 TLB, Wheelhorse 417-8/414-8
They fit, nice, but I had to bush Down the holes on the lower arms for the lift links. Forget the sizing, but the bushings were from TSC. Your stock top link is about right too, so I think the lower arms have about the same geometry as the standard L arms. I put them on a bench next to each other, and they look very very close in dimensions between the L and grand L, otherwise I would have stuck with the factory ones. I'll take some pics tomorrow and load em up. I would bet they are big bucks from Kubota tho. This came out of a goof up by my dealer, and he was happy to hook me up to smooth things out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grizzy3901

Equipment
L3901hst, la525, 72" landpride finish mower
Jan 1, 2017
Bealeton va
They are now an option from kubota. Had to get the dealer to look around his paper work but he did find them after telling me they werent available for my 3901 should be here monday right around $200

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
Right Side Grab Handle is NOT listed anywhere in the L2501 parts catalogue. Can anybody please advise a part number or criss cross on model tractors?
I'm not positive but I believe this is the part number for the right side grab handle. "T1060-29450" I think I paid $43 for mine from my local kubota dealer. The parts guy at your local kubota dealer should have no problem finding you the handle.

kaiser715

Equipment
L2501/FEL/BH77 -- B2400/60"MMM/Bagger
Mar 17, 2017
Tramway, NC
Right Side Grab Handle is NOT listed anywhere in the L2501 parts catalogue. Can anybody please advise a part number or criss cross on model tractors?
I just put one on my new L2501 last week. Kubota T1060-29470 (ASSY, GRIP RH). You'll need 2 nuts also, Kubota 02771-70100 (NUT,FLANGE).

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
They are now an option from kubota. Had to get the dealer to look around his paper work but he did find them after telling me they werent available for my 3901 should be here monday right around $200
Are you talking about the telescoping stabilizer kit that is $175? I think the extendable lower arms like on the B series and Grand L must be more expensive than that. I would like them and emailed Messicks today to ask.

I am purchasing a L2501 from my local dealer and will get the telescoping stabilizers. When I ask about getting extendable link arms I get a blank stare. Do you sell the parts to convert my standard L lower link arms to the extendable link arms like on the Grand L series? Is it a kit or just pieced together? I might just order this from Messick’s and install it myself.
His reply, Good morning,

Kubota did not make a kit for this machine. You would have to provide part numbers of what you want. Kubota does not tell us what parts are interchangeable, so we have no way of knowing. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a great day.

Eddie Kennell

MESSICK'S Parts Technician
187 Merts Drive, Elizabethtown, PA 17022
717.361.4834 | 717.367.6662 fax
eddiek@messicks.com | www.messicks.com
"A helping hand with your land"