What fluid for weight?

MillerFamilyFarmTrust

Equipment
B7510
I have heard you can use different fluids in your tires to add weight to your machine. I have a 2005 B7510 with NO LOADER and we use it for brush hogging but because of the weight of the brush hog, the front end keeps pulling off the ground which makes it hard to steer. I was thinking about adding fluids to the front tires to put even a 100lbs on the front end. Any recommendations on DIY and the types of fluids we could use? I am in Florida so freezing only happens a couple of times per year. Thanks Community!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Re: What fluid can we use to fill our tires for weight?

In Florida you can just use water or windshield washer fluid.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.

There is some debate about whether you should use fluids in front tires or not. I did, many experts advise against it and suggest suitcase weights on the front instead.

If you choose to add fluid, the cheapest and most commonly available is plain water, followed by windshield washer fluid. WWF doesn't freeze.

Calcium chloride solution is the traditional fill, offering higher density (ie: more weight per unit volume) BUT it promotes corrosion and many a tractor rim has been eaten away by it. Beet juice offers a similarly high density without the corrosive effects, but at a considerably higher price.

m.t.hands

Equipment
L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama

i still use antifreeze in mine

and as stated suit case weights seem like the most popular weight option, i have never done fronts either not sure what the thinking is against filling them just never have:confused:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

Miller - you have probably broken a new members' record for the # of posts in an hour.....:)

Since you have more than 5 posts now, post up a picture of your tractor. If you can do that, it will help the guys here help you. You have some very knowledgeable folks helping you already.

I would NOT put fluid in the fronts. Not worth the effort on a little tractor, IMHO.

It's more efficient to put weight(s) on the front of the tractor.

Without an FEL and rotary cutter in the back, guessing you'd want 150-300 pounds.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You DO NOT put liquid in the front tires of that tractor, you can damage to the front axle.

You use frame weights.