What Do You Call A Mom That Drives A Semi?

winesalot

Jul 14, 2016
Chelan, WA
The answer is a Mother Trucker.

And that is what I think about removing the factory installed HST filter on my L4701. I had to use a 12" strap wrench with a 32mm box end cheater extension, laying flat on my back with both feet against the tractor frame giving it all I had. Mother Trucker.

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Boy you sure wine alot

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Bet nobody bothered to wipe a little oil on the rubber gasket as it went down the assembly line. Remember, some of those OEM filters go on before the drivetrain paint so you have that as an extra "breakout" force. Like they put it on with LocTite... LOL!

I gotta do mine soon for the 400 hour service but, thankfully between 3-pt valve swaps and other HST work, they have swapped my filters a couple times already as CYA measures.

243ackley

Oct 8, 2017
Birmingham Alabama
Bet nobody bothered to wipe a little oil on the rubber gasket as it went down the assembly line. Remember, some of those OEM filters go on before the drivetrain paint so you have that as an extra "breakout" force. Like they put it on with LocTite... LOL!

I gotta do mine soon for the 400 hour service but, thankfully between 3-pt valve swaps and other HST work, they have swapped my filters a couple times already as CYA measures.
I did notice the oil and hydraulic filters that came on my 7060 were dark grey with no markings. This is the same color as the engine and undercarriage.

The new filters were white with the kubota logo and part #.

They were tight but nothing a strap wrench could not break.

whec33

Equipment
BX23s
Apr 9, 2018
Raymond NH
I had the same problem with the engine oil filter on my new BX23S - I ended up crushing the filter with a strap wrench before it came loose.

LwhiteAH64

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525, LP RCF2060, LP BB1260, Yanmar 220 Diesel w/KK 60 Rotary Cutter
Jul 16, 2018
Dade City, Fl
My dealer told me the grey engine oil filters are from the factory and that the engine has break in oil in it. I haven't heard of that in years,,,,but ok then...