What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I'll be using the MX and pallet forks this afternoon to get the frame shown below out of the bed of my truck. The local Kubota dealer manager sent me a text yesterday asking if I wanted a steel frame that has been on the lot for a few years. Is that a trick question? Heck yeah! I stopped by this morning and picked it up and it is one stout beast. Those 5"x4" rectangular tubes for forks have a 3/16" wall thickness. Not sure about the rest of the tubing but it looks to be fairly heavy stuff. It was used to display a rotary cutter at some point, so that potential customers could see underneath.

I'm a pack rat when it comes to steel so initially had the idea to cut it up as needed. After looking at it closely I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but it's got some good steel in it. It's funny how things work out. I just added the pop up D-rings a couple of days ago, and the ratchet straps were purchased a couple of weeks ago to secure a fuel storage tank in the bed but I decided to go in another direction. I hadn't realized how well they work with the D-rings.

And as luck would have it, it looks like it'll be easy to slide the forks in from the side and lift the frame off the truck. I even scored four little logs that were laying near the frame. I used them to sit the frame up off the Decked floor so that the forks on the front end loader (dealership owned) could slide out easily.

rack_1.jpg

rack_2.jpg

rack_3.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I'll be using the MX and pallet forks this afternoon to get the frame shown below out of the bed of my truck. The local Kubota dealer manager sent me a text yesterday asking if I wanted a steel frame that has been on the lot for a few years. Is that a trick question? Heck yeah! I stopped by this morning and picked it up and it is one stout beast. Those 5"x4" rectangular tubes for forks have a 3/16" wall thickness. Not sure about the rest of the tubing but it looks to be fairly heavy stuff. It was used to display a rotary cutter at some point, so that potential customers could see underneath.

I'm a pack rat when it comes to steel so initially had the idea to cut it up as needed. After looking at it closely I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but it's got some good steel in it. It's funny how things work out. I just added the pop up D-rings a couple of days ago, and the ratchet straps were purchased a couple of weeks ago to secure a fuel storage tank in the bed but I decided to go in another direction. I hadn't realized how well they work with the D-rings.

And as luck would have it, it looks like it'll be easy to slide the forks in from the side and lift the frame off the truck. I even scored four little logs that were laying near the frame. I used them to sit the frame up off the Decked floor so that the forks on the front end loader (dealership owned) could slide out easily.

View attachment 124316

View attachment 124317

View attachment 124318
Looks to me like it has the potential to be the base of one hell of a carryall or ballast box. Or maybe a gang box to set on the trailer when you take your big orange monster for a ride. Definitely some options. That’s a great score for sure!

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL

View attachment 124316

View attachment 124317

View attachment 124318
I don't know how you can stand to look at those views. (Tongue firmly in cheek). Looks like a beautiful day up there.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I don't know how you can stand to look at those views. (Tongue firmly in cheek). Looks like a beautiful day up there.
Yeah, it sure sucks having to look at mountains, trees and big sky all day long. 😊 Yes, it's a beautiful day for sure with more great weather on the way this weekend and into next week. I'll be able to start my shop build if this continues, but it's Montana and we're only half way through March so I'm not taking the snow blower off the MX just yet.

This was the start of the day this morning, and the end of the day a couple of weeks ago.

sunrise.jpg

sunset.jpg

• Love

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny

View attachment 124316

View attachment 124317

View attachment 124318
Steel pack rat! I can relate to that, it has to be really scrap- junk for me to part with it. But I do need to take a load to the scrap yard sometime, usually in the spring I do some clean up so coming up!

Bill

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It doesn't get any easier than this. I've mentioned before that if I had to give up a tractor it'd be the MX first, but I sure would miss it. On to the next!!

rack_4.jpg

rack_5.jpg

rack_6.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
I bit the bullet today. Ordered a WC88 chipper. There is just too much dead wood that needs to be gone as well as a bunch of trees that have to come down.
@L35 need more firewood?
I need to replenish what I burned this winter, I’ll send you a pm.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Apparently, burned up the hydraulic pump!

Been moving snow all morning after the 36" dump we got.
Lost all hydraulics and the pump is hot and smoking.
(cannot find a way to upload a FB Video)

Has any one used Reliable Aftermarket Parts?
They have one for $194.99

• Sad

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
Hopefully I didn't jinx myself, my SIL and I swapped out the blower for the loader. I had him do all of the tractor work to get him some much needed seat time so he feels comfortable to use it if I'm not around (not that I'm planning on anything soon).

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Well, somehow I managed to get myself mixed up in a straw purchase. 😉Then I brought the B to bale me out. 😆

last year we experimented with planting into straw bales vs adding another garden and buying soil…it worked really well so today we rotated last year bales to new location and will get another year of planting into them before we spread and till under / compost or use as mulch. We put the 1 yr used around perimeter of a small hillside patch that has a cache crop in it(that will be tilled under this spring). We plant into that this spring and then till/mulch with what will be 2yr in the fall. Soon we’ll get the new ones conditioned and do it again.

Next on the agenda, started painting a new hive on a pallet(makes it lot easier to shuttle in / out of the barn between coats). 🥃

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well, somehow I managed to get myself mixed up in a straw purchase. 😉Then I brought the B to bale me out. 😆

last year we experimented with planting into straw bales vs adding another garden and buying soil…it worked really well so today we rotated last year bales to new location and will get another year of planting into them before we spread and till under / compost or use as mulch. We put the 1 yr used around perimeter of a small hillside patch that has a cache crop in it(that will be tilled under this spring). We plant into that this spring and then till/mulch with what will be 2yr in the fall. Soon we’ll get the new ones conditioned and do it again.

Next on the agenda, started painting a new hive on a pallet(makes it lot easier to shuttle in / out of the barn between coats). 🥃
The two deep supers I understand,..... but what are the other two?
Never seen anything quite like 'em.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Hopefully I didn't jinx myself, my SIL and I swapped out the blower for the loader. I had him do all of the tractor work to get him some much needed seat time so he feels comfortable to use it if I'm not around (not that I'm planning on anything soon).
Ha! You're screwed now!! 😂

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I have been playing with fire. It took some doing, but finally got the brush piles burning. A little breeze came up & the brush really took off.
IMG_0114.jpeg
IMG_0115.jpeg
IMG_0117.jpeg

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I lit off some piles too. Nothing like @Trapper Bob though!
IMG_5487.jpeg

Then stacked some logs for firewood.

IMG_5488.jpeg

Then wrestled this monster around and smoothed the hole it left.

IMG_5489.jpeg

Got a little too close while stirring a pile.

IMG_5490.jpeg

Damn fine unit.

IMG_5491.jpeg

Reactions: 10 users

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Put the homemade loader back on so now we will probably get a late March/early blizzard. Also made the homemade "bucket" attach to the homemade fork frame so no more pinning and umpinning between the two

Attachments

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
The two deep supers I understand,..... but what are the other two?
Never seen anything quite like 'em.
In previous post…The two in on left hand side are (deep) brood boxes…on the right hand side the one at back with cut outs is the super and the one at front is the base. It’s a Flow hive…it’s basically a Langstroth, however the super is a bit different. The super has cells / cartridges that have a key and when you crack them the honey flows out…it’s a bit less invasive / less labor for us to steal the honey….there is not no extracting or centrifuge or anything…turn key and honey flows out…supposedly…we did not harvest anything last year just tried to have a healthy hive for winter. Hopefully this year we’ll see how it really works.

When it is finished it will look like this (see below) except a different color / paint scheme.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
In previous post…The two in on left hand side are (deep) brood boxes…on the right hand side the one at back with cut outs is the super and the one at front is the base. It’s a Flow hive…it’s basically a Langstroth, however the super is a bit different. The super has cells / cartridges that have a key and when you crack them the honey flows out…it’s a bit less invasive / less labor for us to steal the honey….there is not no extracting or centrifuge or anything…turn key and honey flows out…supposedly…we did not harvest anything last year just tried to have a healthy hive for winter. Hopefully this year we’ll see how it really works.

When it is finished it will look like this (see below) except a different color / paint scheme.
Quite innovative!
I had bees 50 years ago, and then restarted 8 years ago.
Didn't work for me.
I spend Winters in FL now, and the bees just could not survive my extended absence.
I even bought a nice new electric Maxant 9 frame extractor, that I have never used.
Still have all the mostly new equipment, so hope some family member will pick up the hobby.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Quite innovative!
I had bees 50 years ago, and then restarted 8 years ago.
Didn't work for me.
I spend Winters in FL now, and the bees just could not survive my extended absence.
I even bought a nice new electric Maxant 9 frame extractor, that I have never used.
Still have all the mostly new equipment, so hope some family member will pick up the hobby.
If you drive, you could take them with you…that’s an option. 😂. But I understand. We have two (just added the third place in december) more properties 4 hours away(we’ll retire there soon) and we plan to have bees there. I’d like to put bees there but even at just 4 hours away it’s not reasonable. So i understand from Mass to FL not really reasonable. For now we are trying to learn how to take care of the hive / bees…that part is the same. When we move to next place, we will most likely go to traditional hives as the flow hives are very pricey…I think that beyond 4 or 5 hives the flow hives would not make much sense. I seriously doubt any serious honey producer would ever consider them…ideal for a hobbyist IMO. At least not the way I do math. For now they are pricey but we are learning the basics. 🥃