What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
with tax & maintenance kit $4k
I keep looking at them, just haven't committed. I'm gonna have to do a bit more research... so the mulch material helps maintain moisture and puts nutrients back. But the agricultural termites will eat small twiggy stuff too, and there is no shortage of them here. Ether burn or chip up the material?

Last edited:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I'm a firm believer in keeping wood mulch away from the house Siesta. At our old house and here all the mulch anywhere near the house is stone over a mat. Still get some 'stuff' growing through. Not much and nothing Roundup can't handle.
The chipper mulch piles will be at least 75 feet from the house.

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Waste line repair today...they really don't get much easier than this. I could do these 4 days/wk if I had a choice...gotta love the lines that are 3.5' deep!

Dig:

H4-BRA365-1.JPG

Problem:

H4-BRA365-3.JPG

Repair. Ready for backfilling:

H4-BRA365-2.JPG

Reactions: 7 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I'm a firm believer in keeping wood mulch away from the house Siesta. At our old house and here all the mulch anywhere near the house is stone over a mat. Still get some 'stuff' growing through. Not much and nothing Roundup can't handle.
Yeah, ok. I had plan on leaving the mulch material along the fence lines or in native pasture areas. The agricultural termites are not the same as the termites found in homes. The agricultural termites will consume grass and small stemy type plants and woody type plants that usually 1/2" diameter or less, something that has a bit of moisture of exposed to morning dew. The drought last couple years has made them pretty bad. It's been several weeks since our last significant rain and the termites are starting to show up again. I probably need to continue to burn off all the material.

This older video I made, shows the agricultural termites, they will consume everything on the ground, it's crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Any idea why that C.I. failed?
Honestly, not really. We found an old/broken drain line right next to it (broken right where the hole in the cast iron pipe was found). Maybe the old drain line (looked to be like that thin black ABS stuff) caused the cast to sink a tad and belly?

I was expecting to find root intrusion since there were several VERY large red oaks in the immediate vicinity, but no roots were found.

So, I just can't answer definitively.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Honestly, not really. We found an old/broken drain line right next to it (broken right where the hole in the cast iron pipe was found). Maybe the old drain line (looked to be like that thin black ABS stuff) caused the cast to sink a tad and belly?

I was expecting to find root intrusion since there were several VERY large red oaks in the immediate vicinity, but no roots were found.

So, I just can't answer definitively.
Before looking at the picture carefully, and realizing that it actually was C.I., I thought it might have been Orangeburg.
Nothing worse than that crap!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I just had to have the 40+ year old cast iron sewer pipe from the home to the septic tank replaced. It had rusted out on the bottom of the pipe and snagged the toilet paper causing blockages. The only difference was that mine was down 8 or 9 feet since it ran beneath the foundation wall and under the floor. Took 2 days to replace it, and a big excavator to remove the giant boulders that were in the way. The boulders were relocated to another location on the property where they will never create a problem for the next owner

savageman

Equipment
BX2680 w/loader, 54" mower, Land Pride Box Blade, Rake, Post hole digger
Jun 5, 2013
Texas
Just installed 2 of the grab hooks from JUFabworks and their front tie down rings for my BX 2680. I recommend buying a New "Not $5 7/16's drill bit to drill the bucket. Spend at least $20 on a quality bit for the 6 holes required.

Attachments

savageman

Equipment
BX2680 w/loader, 54" mower, Land Pride Box Blade, Rake, Post hole digger
Jun 5, 2013
Texas
This is the amount of metal shavings I ended up with after 6 7/16's holes. Notice that they are starting to rust as we speak. Touch up paint in the drilled holes is a must.

Attachments

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Not long ago, took down a lightning killed pine and nearby wind damaged pine. Wife wanted to pile them up into a brush pile instead of chipping to leave a habitat for rabbits and who knows what all. Not near the house, so whatever. Cut them into grapple size pieces and piled them up.

Couple days ago, she asked if it was too late to chip them because she doesn’t like the brush pile. Told her still a little early for anything that would nest in a brush pile to be nesting, but it’s either now or November because I might be an a$$hole but I’m not chipping baby rabbits. So we chipped. Neglected to take any pics.

Afterward, I rode into town to see if the local lawn equipment place had an air filter for my late father’s old mower now that it’s running for the first time in probably 10 years. Air filter looked like it had been running in a coal mine. Went with a shopping list of part numbers for a little maintenance on several small engines on the property. The little counter area was packed with customers and loud as a bar on Saturday night. The young guy that was pulling the parts on my list got to the air filter for the old mower (which I had the part number for) and asked what that went on. Told him a Pennsylvania Panzer T758ES with a Kohler K181 engine circa sometime in the late 1960’s. Even the guys who weren’t speaking English stopped and stared at me for a few seconds before resuming their conversations. Owner of the place over heard and told him where it would be if they had one. They actually had one. Young guy asked owner if he should enter it for restock since that was the last one. Owner told him, “Hell, no. Didn’t think I’d ever sell that one.”

Anyway, after downloading the WSM for the engine, checking point gap, spark plug condition and gap, changing fuel filter, cleaning up battery cables, etc. turned out the only two reasons it wouldn’t run were a dead battery and it was out of gas. Took it for a test drive and recalled not taking any pics of the chipping so stopped by the resulting chip pile and at least got a pic to show the fruit of the Kubota’s labor.

The belt from the engine to the deck is missing so I suppose I’ll have to see if that’s around somewhere. There are about two dozen belts on a peg at the shop and at least a couple dozen more hanging in the shed so pretty likely it’s here; I just have to find it.
IMG_2029.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
For anyone else looking to replace their rubber stabilizer foot pads:

FlipPad International
Hanover, MA.
1-800-FlipPad
Pads for all tractor brands

Great products (I have their pads), and the BEST price!
Negative sir!
At least for the BX.

FlipPad makes those for Kubota.
I called them for a price before contacting the dealer.
FlipPad wanted over double what the dealer charged me for the exact same parts. Even before shipping.
I covered this in the thread I linked.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Negative sir!
At least for the BX.

FlipPad makes those for Kubota.
I called them for a price before contacting the dealer.
FlipPad wanted over double what the dealer charged me for the exact same parts. Even before shipping.
I covered this in the thread I linked.
Strange: I bought replacement pads for my L48 TLB from FlipPad, a year ago, and they had the lowest price by far.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Gonna second this. If I'm gonna put mulch near the house, it's gonna be the treated stuff in a bag. No point in advertizing a buffet for termites. But for all the outlying beds, yeah, I make more chips than I can use. I'm clearing off undergrowth that used to be so thick you couldn't walk through it. Now I can see the house on the property behind me from my deck. It was just too snaky back there with lots of low-lying damp areas, Mr. Noshoulders' favorite place to be. I've seen at least one 6 foot rattler, and a couple copperheads before I started clearing that area. Not since, though. I like my privacy, but not at the expense of my safety and that of the grandkids.

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Not long ago, took down a lightning killed pine and nearby wind damaged pine. Wife wanted to pile them up into a brush pile instead of chipping to leave a habitat for rabbits and who knows what all. Not near the house, so whatever. Cut them into grapple size pieces and piled them up.

Couple days ago, she asked if it was too late to chip them because she doesn’t like the brush pile. Told her still a little early for anything that would nest in a brush pile to be nesting, but it’s either now or November because I might be an a$$hole but I’m not chipping baby rabbits. So we chipped. Neglected to take any pics.

Afterward, I rode into town to see if the local lawn equipment place had an air filter for my late father’s old mower now that it’s running for the first time in probably 10 years. Air filter looked like it had been running in a coal mine. Went with a shopping list of part numbers for a little maintenance on several small engines on the property. The little counter area was packed with customers and loud as a bar on Saturday night. The young guy that was pulling the parts on my list got to the air filter for the old mower (which I had the part number for) and asked what that went on. Told him a Pennsylvania Panzer T758ES with a Kohler K181 engine circa sometime in the late 1960’s. Even the guys who weren’t speaking English stopped and stared at me for a few seconds before resuming their conversations. Owner of the place over heard and told him where it would be if they had one. They actually had one. Young guy asked owner if he should enter it for restock since that was the last one. Owner told him, “Hell, no. Didn’t think I’d ever sell that one.”

Anyway, after downloading the WSM for the engine, checking point gap, spark plug condition and gap, changing fuel filter, cleaning up battery cables, etc. turned out the only two reasons it wouldn’t run were a dead battery and it was out of gas. Took it for a test drive and recalled not taking any pics of the chipping so stopped by the resulting chip pile and at least got a pic to show the fruit of the Kubota’s labor.

The belt from the engine to the deck is missing so I suppose I’ll have to see if that’s around somewhere. There are about two dozen belts on a peg at the shop and at least a couple dozen more hanging in the shed so pretty likely it’s here; I just have to find it. View attachment 124213
That thing is just too cool for words. Gotta love the name, Pennsylvania Panzer. Just needs a turret.

• Haha

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Awesome! I don’t actually do that much, only about a dozen taps. 2x3 three channel flat bottom pan with a fan in the arch does 10 gallons per hour without having to go crazy pushing it. Hope you post (and I see) your setup at the new place!

(Oh, and thanks!)
This afternoon I turned some compost between storms…then this evening we had a bit of excitement. now that our sap season seems to be finished, the new evaporator just arrived as tornado touched down about 30 minutes from us…still in a tornado warning here. Sure was glad to have the new light bar on the rops. I could hear sirens while unloading so I checked the contents closed up barn and tucked tail back to the house. 🥃

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Was out working in the yard and decided to till the one of the garden spaces for my cool weather crops which I will plant this weekend. Garden was crusty dry on top but still a bit damp underneath but worked up pretty good. I also had a bit of a pucker when my loader stopped working correctly moving some dirt but once I stopped for a moment realized the loader lock had moved to the middle out of the slot. Once I reset it all was good. Thought I would mention it as it is easy to overlook from the operator seat.

IMG_7216.jpg
IMG_7219.jpg
IMG_7220.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
This afternoon I turned some compost between storms…then this evening we had a bit of excitement. now that our sap season seems to be finished, the new evaporator just arrived as tornado touched down about 30 minutes from us…still in a tornado warning here. Sure was glad to have the new light bar on the rops. I could hear sirens while unloading so I checked the contents closed up barn and tucked tail back to the house. 🥃
Excellent! Who’s the maker of the evaporator? Looks nice and rugged. Glad to hear you’re safe, hope your neighbors near the touchdown are as well.

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Went down the shed to get my new holland ready for the garden. But disaster had befallen my little garden tractor. Two flat tires, a dozen wasp nests, and the engine and cooling fins were packed with mouse nests.

I did not feel like dealing with it in the shed so out comes the kubota. It's a hydro so I couldn't tow it flat and the free wheel lever has to be held in while moving. So I just lifted the back end and drug it to the shop.

Once safely in the shop, I was able to inflate the tires, charge the battery, clean the rats nests and mud wasp nests out, squirt a little ether, and had it running like a top.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Excellent! Who’s the maker of the evaporator? Looks nice and rugged. Glad to hear you’re safe, hope your neighbors near the touchdown are as well.
Thanks. I sure hope everybody ok. The couple pics/clips I saw don’t look good for those where it came through. From the news it’s sounds like there were buildings destroyed west of us.

As far as the evaporator it’s a Bassett Maple Co (Grand Rapids, MI area). From initial inspection it seems very well constructed.

Reactions: 1 user