What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I do! 🤣

Back when I was a little kid (50 years ago +/-) my father scrapped his crappy little front tine tiller for a Troy Bilt Horse. That was sometime in the early 70’s (maybe late 60’s) way before MTD. He loved that thing. Never wanted any other tiller. Wore it out about 4 times. Got to a point he was having problems finding some parts for it. So he bought a “parts” machine that wasn’t running. Turned out the parts machine wasn’t nearly as worn out as his original. Not long after he got the parts machine, he had them both running perfectly and was debating with himself which to run and which to cannabalize. He hadn’t run either for probably 3 years before he passed and that was almost 2 years ago so neither has run in about 5 years and I’m honestly not sure which is the “good” one and which is parts. Or maybe they’re both good or both parts. 🤷‍♂️ I know the original has a Tecumseh engine and the other has something else.

My father’s estate has been quite complex and time consuming. Add a 60 to 80 hour a week job and some stuff like those tillers and the Panzer just got stuck somewhere until I could get to them. I retired at the end of 2023 so I’m starting to get to the “until I can get to it” stuff.

The Panzer is sentimental to me and my brother. If it’s practical to get it running with the original engine, I’ll get it running. I know it’s been over-bored and rebuilt at least twice so if the bore is bad, options may be limited. If it isn’t practical to get running, not sure what we’ll do with it but I ain’t selling it. Right now, not much into re-powering, but might. Might put it back in the shed if it’s dead or might not. I’ll mount it on the end of a wide plate beam and fly it like a flag up by the road just to piss off the developer next door before I sell it.

The Horses… I have a bunch of hours following the original around when I was a kid/teenager, but for whatever reason, I have no sentimental attachment to it. The other one; I’ve never even tried to start it. If my brother wants one or both, I’ll strap them to my equipment trailer and drop them at his place. If he doesn’t want them I’ll probably research their value and send them off to someone else. They’re on the list of “until I can get to it” after the Panzer.
DO NOT SCRAP THOSE TILLERS. I will come save them if need be.
I am rebuilding one myself. Just about every single part can be had from https://www.custompartsinc.com/. I have bought new tine shaft and wheel shaft along with all seals and bearings. Literally everything is still available.
IMG_4616.jpeg

IMG_4777.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
DO NOT SCRAP THOSE TILLERS. I will come save them if need be.
I am rebuilding one myself. Just about every single part can be had from https://www.custompartsinc.com/. I have bought new tine shaft and wheel shaft along with all seals and bearings. Literally everything is still available.
View attachment 123630
View attachment 123632
They’re in too good a shape to scrap.

If my brother doesn’t want them, I’m planning to sell them. You’re about six hours away so not around the corner but not impractical to work out something if you really want them when it’s time to move them. May be a while, but I’ll PM you before putting them up for general sale if it comes to that.

Reactions: 1 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
They’re in too good a shape to scrap.

If my brother doesn’t want them, I’m planning to sell them. You’re about six hours away so not around the corner but not impractical to work out something if you really want them when it’s time to move them. May be a while, but I’ll PM you before putting them up for general sale if it comes to that.
They may bring a nice chunk of change. Fully restored ones go for around $1,000. There are a few PTO versions on FB and eBay for $2,500, but those have lots of attachments, one even has a log splitter.

Reactions: 2 users

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
904 pages into this thread and what I've seen so far: Everyone's tractor is too darn clean!

I mean, I'm kinda new (2 yrs), but my little B is showing it's age. Crud around the grease fittings, a dent or two, bucket is warped a little, a little hole in the grill, front axle guard is bent, grapple tines are all bent up, etc...

Am I just abusing my tractor? She's not looking great, but gives it heck when I work her! (-:
Your gravel does look good but I definitely prefer using the land leveler over the box blade on the driveway. I think it takes a lot more skill (that you clearly have) to do a good job with a box blade. I'm no expert with the land leveler but it does such a good job after a couple of passes. The photos below show the first passes. I'll be ordering gravel this year and probably rent a roller to pack it all in and get the camber right. The EA box blade does a great job of moving dirt though. Hard to beat it in that role.

View attachment 123625

View attachment 123626
That does look very nice and easy to use. I usually just shoveled what the county threw in the ditch, spread it in the driveway then scuffed it up with a drag. The box blade did a nice job but it's a multiple pass and hour tool. Breaking everything loose, then smoothing it out. I should've took the roller to mine. The rain and traffic over time will do it but I think it'd look a little better flattened at once.

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
They may bring a nice chunk of change. Fully restored ones go for around $1,000. There are a few PTO versions on FB and eBay for $2,500, but those have lots of attachments, one even has a log splitter.
Mine is the PTO version. I've thought about trying to find a log-splitter for it. The generator is just a bit small to be practical for what I need, but I guess it might run lights and a few plug-in heaters in a pinch.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Well. we are back from Florida (Saturday). On the long ride home I discovered one truism. There are enough accident lawyers to go round, just based on their billboards.
My son did a fine job of snow clearing while we were gone but after looking the tractor over I decided it was time to fix the tweaked cross tube on the ssqa. I'm pretty sure I did it before we moved last year.

There is a small auto repair business on our street (grandfathered before zoning). I took it over there n showed them the bow in it and how the right side of the bucket was 1-1/2" lower than the left.

Came back 3 hours later and all fixed. He said their mechanic had a large pipe device he used. Whatever it was it worked. He put a straight edge on the tube - perfect in 2 planes.

The bucket now sits flat. Best benjamin I've spent in a long time.

Reactions: 3 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Well. we are back from Florida (Saturday). On the long ride home I discovered one truism. There are enough accident lawyers to go round, just based on their billboards.
My son did a fine job of snow clearing while we were gone but after looking the tractor over I decided it was time to fix the tweaked cross tube on the ssqa. I'm pretty sure I did it before we moved last year.

There is a small auto repair business on our street (grandfathered before zoning). I took it over there n showed them the bow in it and how the right side of the bucket was 1-1/2" lower than the left.

Came back 3 hours later and all fixed. He said their mechanic had a large pipe device he used. Whatever it was it worked. He put a straight edge on the tube - perfect in 2 planes.

The bucket now sits flat. Best benjamin I've spent in a long time.
I am sort of curious…do you have before after pictures of what describing? 🥃

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Finished install on top and tilt.

Parts list: Agristore side (15-20") and top (18-26") link cylinders, Summit open center 3 valve monoblock, bushings and longer pins for side link, locally sourced fittings and made to order hoses, steel plate for mounting using preexisting holes in ROPS.

Plumbing: out from loader valve power beyond port, in to Summit valve power port, out of Summit valve power beyond port over and in to power port on loader 3rd function valve. Drain from Summit valve and drain from 3rd function valve tee'ed together at main case drain port.

Loving it! Plenty of range and good control.

View attachment 123531

View attachment 123532
Very nice, neat job. Well done !! you will enjoy have that "TnT" on there.

gg

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I am sort of curious…do you have before after pictures of what describing? 🥃
no, good point tho - it would have been easy to do especially that I dropped the bucket at their shop, giving a good view of the tube

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
no, good point tho - it would have been easy to do especially that I dropped the bucket at their shop, giving a good view of the tube
I’m sort of curious as (I think) my bucket on the B has always been not perfectly square to the hood (my guess is the loader frame is a weldment and just not perfect)…not so bad I measured it, but I can see it (or I think I can) and it seems worse when holding a heavy load…but the loader detaches and attaches with no issues and so does the SSQA with multiple implements…so I am not really sure it’s a perspective to grill guard, or tires or just relative to the hood latch mechanism…I am afraid to measure it since everything fits and doesn’t seem to be a problem. But reading your solution you have my attention…once I wake up the OCD, it’s a deep rabbit hole. 😂

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I’m sort of curious as (I think) my bucket on the B has always been not perfectly square to the hood (my guess is the loader frame is a weldment and just not perfect)…not so bad I measured it, but I can see it (or I think I can) and it seems worse when holding a heavy load…but the loader detaches and attaches with no issues and so does the SSQA with multiple implements…so I am not really sure it’s a perspective to grill guard, or tires or just relative to the hood latch mechanism…I am afraid to measure it since everything fits and doesn’t seem to be a problem. But reading your solution you have my attention…once I wake up the OCD, it’s a deep rabbit hole. 😂
Here is one that is screwed up.
Think as the tube as a fuse, it's actually designed to fail, to prevent damage FEL arms. Grapple work causes more failures than other attachments.
I have a brand new SSQA in the tractor barn as a spare.
Screenshot_20240305_190732_Messages~2.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Here is one that is screwed up.
Think as the tube as a fuse, it's actually designed to fail, to prevent damage FEL arms. Grapple work causes more failures than other attachments.
I have a brand new SSQA in the tractor barn as a spare.
View attachment 123711
I really hope I don't twist my cheap LS grapple that much. I dun messed up if I do. Cheap it may be, but it's got a pretty good back-bone in it, and I don't see ANY flex in it whatsoever. I did have to do a little mod on the tines to keep them from bending, particularly on the top jaw, but that was just a matter of cutting 12 gussets and welding them in. It looks even more vicious now.

NORMALLY, what happens to twist that tube is one side doesn't couple and lets go with a load, twisting the opposite side. Almost always, it happens when dragging, which is when the pin slips or a tear-out occurs on the eye of the tool. Since those cylinders share a single valve, it's pretty easy to tweak the cross bar while dragging, especially if the tool comes off on one side. I'd almost bet the left one in that photo let go of the bucket or whatever was on the FEL at the time. Sometimes, though, when a catasstrophy occurs, it's hard to tell which came first, the chicken or the egg. I've only had the senior moment one time with the grapple where I didn't check it to see if the pin latched it. Fortunately, I always curl it forward to connect the hoses (just makes it easier), which is when I saw one side hanging off the SSQA. I haven't done it again since, knock wood. I try to avoid significantly unbalanced loads with the grapple and digging with one corner of the bucket. Either of those activities is just begging to tweak the loader frame. If I have to use one corner, I go get the stump bucket, the corner of which is dead center of the tractor. It's so long I run out of force before I hurt the loader or the tractor. It's a Titan regular duty stumper, but I don't think my lil' LX is ever gonna hurt it.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I have some fence to build. Part of this fence is in some hard to reach places. I’m planning to use my tractor to access these places, so I need to be able to carry all the necessary gear with me.
IMG_0087.jpeg
IMG_0088.jpeg

I did get some braces fitted & will weld them when the weather clears. This part of the fence is wide open. (The rust will be removed before welding. Rain is expected tonight & Friday)
IMG_0085.jpeg
IMG_0086.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I really hope I don't twist my cheap LS grapple that much. I dun messed up if I do. Cheap it may be, but it's got a pretty good back-bone in it, and I don't see ANY flex in it whatsoever. I did have to do a little mod on the tines to keep them from bending, particularly on the top jaw, but that was just a matter of cutting 12 gussets and welding them in. It looks even more vicious now.

NORMALLY, what happens to twist that tube is one side doesn't couple and lets go with a load, twisting the opposite side. Almost always, it happens when dragging, which is when the pin slips or a tear-out occurs on the eye of the tool. Since those cylinders share a single valve, it's pretty easy to tweak the cross bar while dragging, especially if the tool comes off on one side. I'd almost bet the left one in that photo let go of the bucket or whatever was on the FEL at the time. Sometimes, though, when a catasstrophy occurs, it's hard to tell which came first, the chicken or the egg. I've only had the senior moment one time with the grapple where I didn't check it to see if the pin latched it. Fortunately, I always curl it forward to connect the hoses (just makes it easier), which is when I saw one side hanging off the SSQA. I haven't done it again since, knock wood. I try to avoid significantly unbalanced loads with the grapple and digging with one corner of the bucket. Either of those activities is just begging to tweak the loader frame. If I have to use one corner, I go get the stump bucket, the corner of which is dead center of the tractor. It's so long I run out of force before I hurt the loader or the tractor. It's a Titan regular duty stumper, but I don't think my lil' LX is ever gonna hurt it.

Those with grapples and SSQA.... please learn from my mistakes.

Under heavy loads the locking pins "bounce" a bit, to help eliminate the bad design by Kubota, add a second nut above that spring, I will provide you a picture later, to further explain. Grapple work is notorious for also bumping/knocking the lock lever arms because of wooded stabs or roots pushing through the grapple towards to SSQA. My grapple now has 3/8" heavy plate to prevent debris reaching the locking arms. Additionally, you can also secure the locking levers with some heavy duty zip ties, rated at 150lbs break strength or more.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I have some fence to build. Part of this fence is in some hard to reach places. I’m planning to use my tractor to access these places, so I need to be able to carry all the necessary gear with me. View attachment 123771 View attachment 123772

I did get some braces fitted & will weld them when the weather clears. This part of the fence is wide open. (The rust will be removed before welding. Rain is expected tonight & Friday)
View attachment 123773 View attachment 123774
Get some 6010 ++++ rod. Metal doesn't have to be clean. Fast freeze. I've used it for 20 years of installing/repairing pipe fence and it's the cat's meow.

If you was up visiting your sister I'd give you a few pounds to try!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have some fence to build. Part of this fence is in some hard to reach places. I’m planning to use my tractor to access these places, so I need to be able to carry all the necessary gear with me. View attachment 123771 View attachment 123772

View attachment 123773 View attachment 123774
Excellent job on coping the pipe to fit. Did you eye ball it or do you have a template? I'll be doing lots of coping on my barn build this spring. All steel pipe uprights and trusses. @D2Cat mentioned E6010 but personally I prefer E6011. I spent years working as a welder and 6011/7018 were what I burned 99.9% of the time.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Did a bit of work with the M6060 last night after taking off the land leveler and putting on the box blade.

m6060_box_blade.jpg

Reactions: 7 users