What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BCrouse

Jul 30, 2016
PA
This morning, I moved the seat cushion on my BH77 to the other set of mounting holes to give myself more leg room. And more crotch room, for that matter, which will probably make sense to anybody who has operated one of these and isn't quite short.

It's surprising how much of a difference that 2 inches or so of leg room made. I can also operate the backhoe controls with the BH seat folded without the joysticks hitting the seat, which makes mounting and dismounting the backhoe a little bit more convenient. The BH operating position still isn't roomy, but it's a nice improvement over how it was when I got my tractor.

30 hours on the clock now, and I haven't had my first regen yet. I suppose it should be due pretty soon. The tractor arrived with 4 hours on the clock, and has spent most of its time so far running a brush cutter in warm-to-hot weather. So, I suppose that's why my first regen is arriving later than many have reported. I hope that I haven't harmed the engine by running it at PTO speed a lot during the first 50 hours, but cutting that brush before fire season is the main reason I needed the tractor. Since I've cut most of the brush that isn't on hills too steep for the tractor, and I expect a regen soon, I swapped over to the backhoe so that the regen won't come due while I'm making clouds of fine clippings in a field of flammable dry weeds. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it just seems unwise to me to have high exhaust temperatures in the nasty conditions present while I'm mowing dry weeds. Next year, I'll try to get to the annual weed mowing before the weeds get so dry.

Theyre made to run at PTO speed all day, every day. If it wouldnt, send it back. My .02.

Ive run mine at PTO speed from day 1, like you I had things to do that needed PTO speed.

Currently at 61hrs and running like a top.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
This morning, I moved the seat cushion on my BH77 to the other set of mounting holes to give myself more leg room. And more crotch room, for that matter, which will probably make sense to anybody who has operated one of these and isn't quite short.

It's surprising how much of a difference that 2 inches or so of leg room made. I can also operate the backhoe controls with the BH seat folded without the joysticks hitting the seat, which makes mounting and dismounting the backhoe a little bit more convenient. The BH operating position still isn't roomy, but it's a nice improvement over how it was when I got my tractor.

30 hours on the clock now, and I haven't had my first regen yet. I suppose it should be due pretty soon. The tractor arrived with 4 hours on the clock, and has spent most of its time so far running a brush cutter in warm-to-hot weather. So, I suppose that's why my first regen is arriving later than many have reported. I hope that I haven't harmed the engine by running it at PTO speed a lot during the first 50 hours, but cutting that brush before fire season is the main reason I needed the tractor. Since I've cut most of the brush that isn't on hills too steep for the tractor, and I expect a regen soon, I swapped over to the backhoe so that the regen won't come due while I'm making clouds of fine clippings in a field of flammable dry weeds. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it just seems unwise to me to have high exhaust temperatures in the nasty conditions present while I'm mowing dry weeds. Next year, I'll try to get to the annual weed mowing before the weeds get so dry.

NF6X what you are saying about the dry weeds makes a lot of sense especially where you live. If you do need to mow under those conditions, you can hit the "inhibit regen button" and then you have to keep an eye on your dash for the blinking of the regen indicator. You have about 30 min after it starts to blink to get it out of flammable surroundings, and you can permit auto regen and go on working while it regens. Too long in inhibit mode and you will have to do a parked regen.

jbbepic

Jan 11, 2017
Pittsburgh
After brush hogging last weekend. I went thru and ripped up with the backhoe all the heavier brush roots. Getting the trail ready for the finish mower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Today I put a new battery in her. Then used the boom to unload an old Buzz saw from the back of a Uhaul and same for two motorcycles. Put up on youtube a short vid of unloading one of the bikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OOYyUxCS7k

Last edited:

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Couple days ago removed a few small trees and made a second driveway.

Today took out several stumps. Would have taken a long time with my BH77.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
added youtube video as promised to post #3524 Will delete this post here shortly

phil brooks

Equipment
B20, 4ft bush hog, back hoe (not Kubota B20), landscape rake, snow plough, etc
Old B20 working hard

Just moved a few tonnes of soil with my home made teeth on the FEL, scraped (using and old snow plough), rotovated and raked the back garden using my old B20. She overheated a bit while pulling the rotovator (think the thermostat is the problem)

Attachments

fng120

Equipment
B2650 Cab, FEL, grapple, MMM, 60" box blade, pallet forks, 58" LandPride tiller
Jul 7, 2014
NW IN
Added compost to raised beds.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NCDesmo

Mar 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Little T learning to use the grapple today. Already has first job lined up removing tree debris for a church friend. She loves her new tractor!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
What I DIDN'T do last night was take the dump bed trailer and the L 3301 a 1/4 mile down the dirt road behind my place, to where a contractor has stockpiled about 100 yards of perfect gravel road base. It is being used around a cell tower site another 1/4 mile up the mountain. Man, that gravel would look good on my driveway! It isn't the cost of the gravel it's the work of hauling from town and then up the mountain that made me lust after it. My rancher neighbor and I were joking about making off with some of it.... I can just see the looks on the crew when they show up in the morning, it would be the stupidest crime, and immediately solve able by even Barney Fife! But what I will do, is ride my mountain bike up to the job site, and point out my place below, and offer to haul off any excess, FOR FREE. My FEL is just itching to tear into that pile......and the dump bed trailer is ready also. I'll run down there and get a picture......

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Yesterday I used the FEL on my L1500 to pick up a couple sheets of concrete reinforcing mesh and promptly broke the muffler off at the manifold, now looking for a new manifold. :(
A competent welder may be able to weld it back together if your search turns up nothing. Good luck.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Moved a bunch of dirt/clay to the front of the chicken coop just built to try to level it out before installing the run. Still lots of work to do.

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
Planned out a patio/firepit/retaining wall in the yard. It was sloped about 6in from front to back. Had to dig out the back down 6". You wouldnt believe how much dirt came out of an 8' circle 6" deep in the back. Holy Crap. Wish I would have bought the Piranha Tooth bar months ago.....But then again I did find an old french drain running through the middle of the yard for some strange reason. Tooth bar would have destroyed it. Regular bucket didn't.

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
Took the tiller off my B3350 for only the 2nd time, drove down to my neighbor and he helped me attach his brush hog. Mower has been down off and all for the last five weeks and the pasture got ahead of me. Can't wait to try out a new toy tomorrow! :D

- Sharryn