What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
To the guy that bent his backhoe "dipper stick"... how in the heck does someone bend one that bad... i am at a loss for words on that one, holy crap...!!!!

NF6X

Equipment
L3301HST w/ LA525 & BH77
Mar 19, 2017
Riverside, CA
www.nf6x.net
I mounted up my post hole digger for the first time on Saturday. It was laying on its side on my trailer, so hitching
it up wasn't easy!

Then on Sunday, I kludged together a temporary storage spot for it. I skidded an old railroad tie into place, drilled
a hole, dropped the tie in, and packed in some gravel around it. I planted another short stub of railroad tie in the
ground to give the auger tip something firm to rest on, and then chained the digger to the post. I think I'll be
cussing a lot when I try to line the tractor up to mount the digger again, but at least it's resting upright.

Finally, I spent a couple hours on Sunday evening scraping my dirt road with my grading scraper. This was my first
time using the scraper "for real"; I had given it a couple test drags last weekend. No pictures of the road work,
though.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I think it's due to taking pictures with your phone turned in different orientations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
New tach/hour meter drive on the B7200. It's good to know how fast things are turning.

It's been down to the engine cooling fan since Thursday last. Putting it all back together took about two hours, But there was some painting and clean up going on ;-)

I tried to fit up the McKissick chipper shredder, but the pto shaft is too long. I'll need to look into Pat's Easy Change or a quick hitch to gain some length. The pto is fitted for the Hurlimann, and I'm not going to shorten it !

It was HOT today, The motorbike ride up the river road to the Kubota dealer was delightful!

These tractors have their benefits!

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
To the guy that bent his backhoe "dipper stick"... how in the heck does someone bend one that bad... i am at a loss for words on that one, holy crap...!!!!
Easy! Push something when that rod is fully extended.

It happens all the time.

Similar to the warnings not to back drag with a bucket filly tilted down. The rods are all the way out and very vulnerable.

Think! It's your only chance for survival! ;-)

Semicrazy

Equipment
BX 2360, loader, bagger, trencher, 3 point plow blade, 3 point hitch receiver
Jul 20, 2017
Franklin, Ky.
After picking up some rr ties this am, I came home, dropped the trailer near where they were going to go so I could pull it with the Kubota to the exact unloading spots. Immediately after pulling away from the trailer in the pu, it proceeded to roll off on its own down one hill and up the other side into the trees.:eek: Hooked a chain to its tail, pulled it back a bit with the tractor, then hooked to the front end and pulled it back where it was supposed to be and dropped it, with chocks at the wheels this time. Then proceeded to slide the ties out by hand onto the bucket one at a time, placed each one, and used the bucket to backfill behind them. Then I quit and jumped in the pool.:cool:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Easy! Push something when that rod is fully extended.

It happens all the time.

Similar to the warnings not to back drag with a bucket filly tilted down. The rods are all the way out and very vulnerable.

Think! It's your only chance for survival! ;-)
He didn't bent the rod on the cylinder, he bent the entire dipper stick!
With what he did and how he did it, it really wouldn't have mattered what position he had it in.
This is why they say do not drag things with the Backhoe! ;)

Last edited:

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Some sun and rain protection added,
Snowco 54" 10oz. Canvas Umbrella

Now that the frame mounting is all setup and mounted,
need to remove it and paint the frame gloss black :D

Attachments

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Spent all weekend on mine. Had to repair/replace sump pump drainage. Managed to do in 3 days what would have taken forever manually. Love this machine!

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Not only do you have a machine to make the work easier, you have an inspector with a camera to make sure it's done to specs!!:D

If you've had weather like we have, 97,99,97 for the last three days, working outside makes you "over" perspire. The folks on the news said to drink a pint of water every 15 minutes in this weather.

jbbepic

Jan 11, 2017
Pittsburgh
Got the tractor into a big mess today! It wasn't pretty, but I managed to use front bucket with the edge straight down into mud and then rolled the bucket forward. it helped to push up front wheels and pushed the tractor backward to eventually get out. I owe it to my neighbor Ron for the idea! Thanks to him he taught me something today about the capabilities of having that front end loader there.

jbbepic

Jan 11, 2017
Pittsburgh
We disconnected the mower and dragged it out of the way with an atv. Otherwise, it could have made more of a bind up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
How do you keep the equipment so clean?

After an hour mowing , chipping , or dragging the blade, My tractor is a ball of dusty steel.

;-)