What BX25 implements to prepare weed and unlevel area for grass?

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
I'm looking for some advice to put in a lawn. I own 2 acres that has been sitting unkept for 30 years. I started with 10 foot high weeds, vines, dead trees and have gotten it down to almost ground level. It's growing again though.

What I have:
BX25
York Rake
Ratchet Rake

Land:
In NH we have a lot of rocks and I have plenty of roots from the weeds and saplings or whatever is growing underneath this soil.

How would you guys go about preparing for grass?
I think I need to somehow clean up the weeds.
Level the ground.
Bring in loam

Suggestions? I've been looking at power rakes but am not sure if the BX25 is too small for them. I've also been looking at the TR3 rake.

Here is what I got some of the land to in April:
I did it by backdragging my ratchet rake and pushing everything (dirt, weeds, logs) into gigantic piles...which was very difficult to remove.
I ended up using the york rake to try and smooth everything out.
I kept thinking to myself that there must be a better way.

Come end of July it looks like this:

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
I wonder if you rented a rotary tiller for the back of your tractor if that would work. Be careful when pulling any ground engaging implements where there are a lot of roots. You can find yourself on your back before you know it.

Quagmire33

Equipment
B6200-d-hst. Great bend 220 FEL
May 27, 2014
Central Mass, USA
I've been working on a similar project, not quite as big though. I bought a box scraper and I love it. The ripper teeth pick rocks and small stumps out pretty easily. Only problem I see now is that I have a bunch of roots sticking up from the bigger trees that I caught and ripped.
i attached the two best pictures I have of before and during.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
You must have the back-hoe attachment for a reason. There is a tooth that you can get, or make yourself, that can be used to claw the heck out of sequential areas. Then, with a box or preferably a rear blade you can move stuff better. Your rakes may also work better once things are loosened up.

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
You must have the back-hoe attachment for a reason. There is a tooth that you can get, or make yourself, that can be used to claw the heck out of sequential areas. Then, with a box or preferably a rear blade you can move stuff better. Your rakes may also work better once things are loosened up.
Thanks guys.. I think you are all thinking around the same lines as me.

Buy a box blade. Perhaps use a tiller.