What a week! ! !

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Last Wednesday morning, (00:05), my brother in-law died of a massive hart attack on the front steps as his wife was going to take him to the hospital. Friday my wife flew to Chesapeake Va. to be with her sister and help her out. Saturday night during dinner her sister, 12 years younger then her, had a stroke and was rushed to the hospital, she came back home yesterday with a laundry list of med's but will be ok. Three hours ago her son, (20 years old), hit an open manhole, destroyed his car and was rear ended by a delivery truck, only miner injuries! OK! what is next. Sh *t my wife is supposed to fly home Wednesday. Burial is to be in Maine Saturday.

greenb69

Mar 3, 2017
Coshocton ohio
No real reason why things happen as they do. I do know that the more that mankind tries to make our lives better the worse things get. No wonder people are always looking for something. They are trying to find what we had.
Keeping your Family in our prayers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Those situations change our lives immediately and forever. It makes it obvious many of the things we argue about and discuss and do, are not really important at all.

Keep your face towards the sonshine, and the shadows will fall be behind you. Prayers for peace and understanding.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My deepest condolences for you and your family

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Life brings us "character building experiences"... when least expected. All one can do at times is to grow strong, hearty and find more things to love in life.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sorry for the string of bad luck. I feel your pain and am wondering if it's the stars are misaligned or something else causing this stuff. :(

Wife and I have been having a run of it the past couple weeks as well. They say these things go in three's. Well ours started with my step dad being rushed to the hospital with breathing issues and sudden loss of weight. Breathing issue was copd with a side order of asthma. Plus a bowel blockage :eek:

He spent a week in the hospital, got home on a Friday. 2 days later (monday), he had another trip to the hospital. Full blown pneumonia in both lungs. Spent another week in the hospital. You would have thought someone in the hospital would have noticed the pneumonia when they did the chest x-rays. They also found a large lump in his lung. But can't biopsy till after he gets over the pneumonia.

So, starting the 21st through the 28th, I'm out of town for work. Wife calls me a couple days after I left, and tells me her mom had a stroke, is in the hospital. Docs found that her cancer progressed and she only had two weeks if that to live. So she headed to Houston for the weekend to say goodbye. She passed away Saturday. Waiting to find out about the funeral. :(

We're just waiting to see what the third is gonna be.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Sorry for your loss Daren Todd, I guess it comes to us all, had our turn last year and the year before, getting older isn't easy.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Sorry to the both of you and please accept my condolences. What a awful week you both have had. I hope everything starts to go better for you.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Daren, sorry to hear about all the grief you guys have been dealt. Hope your step dad gets back to feeling as good as possible, at least it's coming up warmer weather, not in the middle of winter... and Beth is doing OK.

Best thing you can do in situations like that is take Gypsy for a run!! Makes both of you feel better.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren, sorry to hear about all the grief you guys have been dealt. Hope your step dad gets back to feeling as good as possible, at least it's coming up warmer weather, not in the middle of winter... and Beth is doing OK.

Best thing you can do in situations like that is take Gypsy for a run!! Makes both of you feel better.
Step dad's doing better. Hopefully will be going to get his biopsy sometime this week.

Now gypsy has been another issue all of a sudden. She almost killed our Jack Russell the other night :eek::mad: Me getting my arm ate up in the process. With almost 20 puncture wounds, some deep and wide. She didn't get me, Jack did when she had him. I got my arm to close to his teeth. Course he was freaking out something fierce, and she was thrashing him back and forth while he had ahold of me :mad:

So I've been talking to Shaun about it, until I hear back from the dog trainer in town. We are trying to figure out if it's a prey drive, dominance issue, or combination of the two. Dog trainer specializes in behavioral issues, trains police dogs, and is a cop. So it's usually a couple days before you here back from him. As soon as he can do an evaluation, we can try and figure out the solution to the issue.

Beth is doing good through this. The jack/ gypsy issue has her the most upset though.