Well here's one for ya

tractorslave

Equipment
B 6200 hst 4wd
Apr 16, 2012
Western MASS
I have the elusive 20.5 x 8-10 tires on the front of my b6200.
The tires are really dry-rotted, but have some tread left.
So I began with installing a tube which went bad 'cause they only had one with a rubber stem and well I'm an idiot with the strength of a small gorilla and it just broke.
So the poor guy who let's me use his tire machine said let's just go back to tubeless, which we did, it worked too for about 2 weeks.
Bummer
So I searched the web for a tire or 2 and well , the post at the beginning of this section was old, and I am not from Canada, anyway....
I didn't want the mess from slime, so I decided to remove the tire, spray multiple coats of the 'as seen on TV' crap on the inside of the tire.
I guess it's just rubber in a spray can for $14.00, rustoleum makes it too now.
I let it dry, and remounted the tire.
WOW 18 hours later and it's still holding air!
I am not recommending this idea yet, but ya never know, it might just work.
Dave

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
You can take the tire to a tire dealer and have the inside relined if its that bad on holding air. Its like a 2 piece liner

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
The 20.5x8-10's are no longer elusive here in the USA finally.
The Firestone Turf & Field is now available in 21x800-10 with the correct rolling circumference. Check the post I put up for more information.
Tired
PS: you should have bought another tube because I seriously doubt that paint you put inside will last very long :(

tractorslave

Equipment
B 6200 hst 4wd
Apr 16, 2012
Western MASS
Hey guys,
Thanks for the input.
The tire is still holding it's pressure.
I will look at the turf and field tires but they are seriously expensive though.
Thanks again

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Tractorslave,
sorry buddy but I just have to LOL! Hehehe!

Not being an a$$hole mind you only that when I read this it reminded me of a time when I was helping my youngest son fix his 4X4 truck. It's a job I had never done but certain things you learn over time that are usually a given.
When he had to finally relent and do what I'd told him to begin with he was sputtering and throwing tools around. I asked him what his problem was as I was only trying to help, and his reply was this: "it pi$$es me off that you're always right!". I just laughed and told him "son, I'm 30 years older than you and that means I've had 30 years longer to make mistakes and learn things the hard way, so when I see something that will help just listen and try it so you don't have to make all the mistakes I have done too".

I've been there where you are and have tried just about everything imaginable trying to save a buck making a tire last longer for myself and many customers over the years. Certain things just won't work even though they sure seem like they should. Be grateful for yourself that Firestone sterted making them again because the only other options will get you by but aren't worth a crap if you need some traction on a hill or when moving snow.
And yes I complained directly to the company the first day I found out they had them that the price was rediculously expensive in my opinion to say the least. It really is a super low volume tire in the big picture so the price is what it is because of that reason and they really probably aren't making any money on it at that.
Al