Water on interior side of L4060 door weatherstrip - bad door handle seal?

clr_steve

Equipment
L4060
Dec 28, 2023
WA State
Several times I've noticed pooled water sitting on top of the weatherstripping on my L4060 cab doors, in the interior side. To be honest, I never really took the time to chase down the cause. The other day I noticed while it was still raining and I could see some water running down the interior side of the glass from where the door latch/handle is located. It wasn't a lot, but I supposed over hours or days it would certainly accumulate.

My question I wanted to ask is if this is a common failure and what, if any, the common and effective solutions are? Visual inspection indicates the seal is in place and sound between the handle and the glass, so I'm wondering if water is getting in through the exterior orifices of the handle, through the lock and exiting on the interior side.

IMG_9124.jpg

IMG_9125.jpg

Attachments

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Several times I've noticed pooled water sitting on top of the weatherstripping on my L4060 cab doors, in the interior side. To be honest, I never really took the time to chase down the cause. The other day I noticed while it was still raining and I could see some water running down the interior side of the glass from where the door latch/handle is located. It wasn't a lot, but I supposed over hours or days it would certainly accumulate.

My question I wanted to ask is if this is a common failure and what, if any, the common and effective solutions are? Visual inspection indicates the seal is in place and sound between the handle and the glass, so I'm wondering if water is getting in through the exterior orifices of the handle, through the lock and exiting on the interior side.

View attachment 118993

View attachment 118995
Probably a deteriorating rubber door seal.
Maybe should replace all.
Stop by your bank first....for a loan?

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I had problems with one of my handles. Took it all apart, added some Loctite and its held up well ever since. That’s where I’d start. Lots cheaper than a door seal.