Very small tip, but it was useful

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Eye bolt twister. Made from an extra paint can opener. My trailer has around 20 eye bolts in the top sideboard for fastening a tarp. Small pilots were drilled to get them started. Should note it won't work well for trigger mashers who can't operate a variable speed drill.

The eye bolts work really nice with the bungee pickup truck cargo net. Simply stretch the net and hook it over the eye bolts. Being oriented as they are, the net stays put. When hauling smaller stuff that might blow off, the tarp gets draped over the cargo and the bungee net holds everything in place. It's a lot easier than messing with several pieces of paracord and tarp eyelets

Last Summer I re-boarded a small (inside 4'-7" x 8'-4") utility trailer that I made in 1990. The quality of the current treated lumber convinced me it should be stained, so that was a Spring Starter Project this week. Off to Lowes to look for a gallon of mis-mixed stain. Scored a gallon if tan for $15. Rather than paint around the eye bolts and corner hardware, I removed it all. Pic below is reinstalling one of the eye hooks.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Another quick fix for someone who was too lazy to go for one of the three calipers he has. A pair of combination squares together on their 45* gave a close enough diameter measurement on a round tube.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users