Valve clearance adjustment B7100

Dennis

Jul 28, 2010
Queensland Australia
I have just replaced some engine head bolts and retightened. I am now about to adjust the valve clearaces. The manual says to do this for each valve when the engine is at TDC of combustion stroke for that cylinder.

The marks showing on flywheel are TC 1, TC2 and TC3. Do I align the mark to the centre of the bell hosing view hole or a small round circle ( hardly discernible) stamped on back plate of bellhousing.

When the flywheel mark TC ( say for Piston One) is visble at the view hole does that mean the piston One can only be at the end of the combustion stroke.

Finally I understand Cylinder One is the cylinder closest to the driver and Three is closest to radiator.

Dennis

Jul 28, 2010
Queensland Australia
Problem sorted .
Searched the threads and got the good advice.

I've got the Operators manual, Technical Manual, Workshop manual and Parts manual but still find this forum really helpful for filling in the gaps.

oldtown

Equipment
L175, 1977 model . caroni finish mower , first choice tiller 6 scrape blade
Feb 14, 2010
Hot springs NC
I adjusted my valves on 2 cylinder engine under the assumption that cylinder one was closest to the radiator and #2 was closest to the driver. hope fully we are both right and that the difference is the engine type.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
#1 is always the water pump end on a Kubota. Some engines are in "backwards" so #1 would be closer to the operator on those machines

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
#1 cylinder is at the front on a B7100. The "backwards" tractors have the flywheel at the front.
Ed

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Ir you adjusted the valves using eitherAquaforce's method or mine it would make no difference which end # 1 is on. Just treat each cylinder as an individual engine.
Ed