U27 Excavator: Wiring Diagram

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Can anyone provide a wiring diagram for the U27-4 Excavator?

I have the WSM manual on order, but it is going to be a number of days before it arrives. I'm investigating what it will take to wire canopy lights overhead to supplement the one on the boom. I don't want t use the Kubota Light Kit (K7140) as it is uses halogen lights and I'd rather use LED.

In looking at the K7140 Light Kit Parts, it looks like the wiring plugs into existing wires already on the excavator. The kit does NOT have a switch, which leads me to believe all I need to do is identify the existing correct wires/connector. (K7140 Parts Illustration attached below)

Coming out of from the plastic switch panel located to the right of the seat looks to be a number of wiring connectors.. I just don't know what harness is the correct one, if any. I'm guessing some of these connectors are for use with the optional cab features (I have ROPS). There is also a four pin white rectangular connector located in the large storage box under the seat where the fuses are located.

I pulled the floor board and it is not located there... or at least I couldn't find it.

Any info would be appreciated.

Attachments

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Can anyone provide a wiring diagram for the U27-4 Excavator?

I have the WSM manual on order, but it is going to be a number of days before it arrives. I'm investigating what it will take to wire canopy lights overhead to supplement the one on the boom. I don't want t use the Kubota Light Kit (K7140) as it is uses halogen lights and I'd rather use LED.

In looking at the K7140 Light Kit Parts, it looks like the wiring plugs into existing wires already on the excavator. The kit does NOT have a switch, which leads me to believe all I need to do is identify the existing correct wires/connector. (K7140 Parts Illustration attached below)

Coming out of from the plastic switch panel located to the right of the seat looks to be a number of wiring connectors.. I just don't know what harness is the correct one, if any. I'm guessing some of these connectors are for use with the optional cab features (I have ROPS). There is also a four pin white rectangular connector located in the large storage box under the seat where the fuses are located.

I pulled the floor board and it is not located there... or at least I couldn't find it.

Any info would be appreciated.

I don't have the wiring diagram but here's another idea. Here is the info from the operators manual confirming both location of the fuses and the fact that fuse 17 is the Working Lights. I suggest that you wire your led lights off the switched side of the "working lights" switch that is in the right hand operator panel. If you gain access to the wiring at the working lights switch you should be able to confirm which side of the switch is live (fed from the fuse) with a multimeter or by confirming the wire color running from the fuse panel, fuse 17 to the switch. You will then know the color of the load wire for the working lights that is the non live wire at the switch.

Your LED light power feed should be wired to the load side of the switch, either at the switch or maybe you will find a connector somewhere else that is part of the cable that leads to your boom light. I assume your LED light will have a separate ground wire to be attached somewhere to ground back through the machine structure.

Good luck with the new light. I own a KX 40-4 and love it, they can handle so many tasks.

KX U27.JPG

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Thanks for the suggestion. I had looked at the fuse panel already thinking I could get a clue from there. (See attachment)

I'm reluctant to open it up since it is less than 24 hours old. Ditto for removing the plastic panel as I just don't know what's under there or how short the wiring harness is for the switches.

I'll include a few pictures of the various unused connectors.

I'm very anxious to try it out. For our needs it should be more than adequate. Came equipped with Quick Attach for Buckets, 2 Buckets (18" & 24"), Thumb and Motion Beeper.

The U27-4 are getting very difficult to find and what dealers have in stock is all that is available. Was told the tariffs were the cause as it is built in Germany and they are switching back over to the U25's (previous model the U27 was replacing and made in a different location).

Attachments

Last edited: