turn up injector pump

M4950DT

Feb 7, 2011
turin NY
I have a M4950Dt with the S2800-A motor its a good little tractor but would like to turn up the injector a little to get some more power.

I would like to know how to turn it up. Thanks in advance

GEP

Jun 16, 2010
Benton Harbor, Mi
I have a M4950Dt with the S2800-A motor its a good little tractor but would like to turn up the injector a little to get some more power.

I would like to know how to turn it up. Thanks in advance
It is inportant that the fuel and air mixture is calibrated properly. Some pumps are not ajustable and are preset. I am not shure if you have a external
ajustment.If you get black smoke the fuel is to rich and will not give you more
power.Try to find a manual for the engine and get the spects.
I have turned the rpm up on mine and it helped.
There is a ajustment screw in the linkige where the schut off selinoid is connected try ajusting that.
Good luck
GEP

M4950DT

Feb 7, 2011
turin NY
I read about people turning up there little kubota lawn mowers so I cant beleive you cant do it on this. It does not smoke at all now even under load so I think I could get away with turning it up a bit. It has a 6 cyl engine so I would think I could get more than 40 horse out of it.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I read about people turning up there little kubota lawn mowers so I cant beleive you cant do it on this. It does not smoke at all now even under load so I think I could get away with turning it up a bit. It has a 6 cyl engine so I would think I could get more than 40 horse out of it.
If you can tell me what injection pump it has it would help. I am not sure which these older 6 cylinders had for an IP. There is not a lot of room for hp increase on these engines. You might get 5hp out of this but it will likely smoke like an old steam engine. Worth a try.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
When you turn up the pump on a diesel engine you are changing the maximum fuel setting. to do that on a inline multiplunger pump as used on the M4950 you adjust ( increase) the rack travel. The screw that you turn to do that on the M4950 is on the engine front cover directly ahead of the injection pump. You would turn it counterclockwise (out) to increase maximum fuel. Should you do it? Well, it is set where it is for a reason! I would make sure that everything else is right ( valve adjustment, injection timing etc.) before changing the fuel setting. Even then, you might get a satisfactory smoke show out of it and not really much more power! If it had a turbo........
The limit on HP with a turbocharged diesel is when something breaks or melts!
Ed

Reactions: 1 user