transmission??

Itrap

Equipment
L295DT
Jul 23, 2014
colebrook nh usa
I have an older (1981 I think ) L295DT...the problem I am having is after about a half hour of use the transmissiom is building preasure and is pushing hyd. fliud out the shifter.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Check under the seat for a vent. Looks like a sideways question mark. The mud dobbbers love those plugs. The vent probably just needs to be unscrewed and cleaned out. Little buggers have gotten mine twice so far this year.

Last edited:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Also, check your trans fluid level. Should be a sight glass on the trans next to the clutch peddle.

Itrap

Equipment
L295DT
Jul 23, 2014
colebrook nh usa
thanks for the tip...I knew there was a vent there but was unsure weather it was screwed in or pressed in. I do have a parts manual but it just says vent.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Agree you have a venting problem, relatively common.

Vent may be hard tube screwed in or perhaps more likely a black rubber goose-neck like question mark stuck onto a nipple.

Mine has three--one on each axle side and one built into hydraulic filler cap.

Doesn't take much to vent: I got tired of dirt daubers (mud wasps) and used a short piece of fuel hose and shorter piece of copper tubing mashed almost flat in vise. Vents but without bug intrusion. Have also seen rags or old sock tied over vent.

Please post back your continuing experiences so we may all learn.